unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

I have one item in my Nerd Pack that won't update, libffi.  It continues to show up as needing an update.  However, it shows up again after running the update.  I can't remember why this was installed initially.  

image.thumb.png.2d6536bcdcb307b822eaf1333e2840f8.png

The only thing in my GO file is:

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

Here is a list of the Plugins I have installed:

image.thumb.png.aacdbf469ccd3e9eb68c00274e93b41a.png

I also have 5 dockers installed.

This is the output when I select Update:

image.png.d3b5c375d73a5c213ed2286e7af60115.png

It's been many years but I recall that when something like this happens, the resolution would be to Uninstall and then Install again using the Nerd Pack tab.  Is that still the recommended resolution?  I do not know why this Libffi is even being installed, but it must have been something related to a Plugin, or perhaps it's not even needed anymore.

Any ideas?

Edited by Switchblade
I have one item in my Nerd Pack that won't update, libffi.  It continues to show up as needing an update.  However, it shows up again after running the update.  I can't remember why this was installed initially.  

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

It's been many years but I recall that when something like this happens, the resolution would be to Uninstall and then Install again using the Nerd Pack tab.  Is that still the recommended resolution?  I do not know why this Libffi is even being installed, but it must have been something related to a Plugin, or perhaps it's not even needed anymore.

Any ideas?

libffi is just a temp version fix for python until they update the version included with unraid. A lot of updated python apps won't run without v3.3. Maybe I should bug them to update libffi. As far as it not updating, maybe download or corruption of some sort. Nerdpack checks bad package downloads and deleted them though. You can manually delete them on the flash drive
8 hours ago, dmacias said:
On 5/14/2020 at 8:08 AM, Switchblade said:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

Any ideas?

libffi is just a temp version fix for python until they update the version included with unraid. A lot of updated python apps won't run without v3.3. Maybe I should bug them to update libffi. As far as it not updating, maybe download or corruption of some sort. Nerdpack checks bad package downloads and deleted them though. You can manually delete them on the flash drive

Ok, so I looked through the flash drive and didn't find the libffi package.  I'm not sure how it got installed.  On the Nerd Pack tab, under the Downloaded column, it says By Download is No.  I'm guessing that means it was not installed using NP.

What is the recommend resolution to fix this so it will update?  Should I use NP and select Uninstall, and then Install it again? 

Thank you!

Ok, so I looked through the flash drive and didn't find the libffi package.  I'm not sure how it got installed.  On the Nerd Pack tab, under the Downloaded column, it says By Download is No.  I'm guessing that means it was not installed using NP.

What is the recommend resolution to fix this so it will update?  Should I use NP and select Uninstall, and then Install it again? 

Thank you!
I'm not sure. Unless another plugin installs libffi, the only thing I could recommend would be to remove the plugin and delete /config/plugins/NerdPack directory, then reinstall. But if you don't need it, then just leave it alone. It will always say update because another version comes with unraid. If it bugs you just filter sort everything by installed and it would be hidden.

Hey Guys,

I was wondering what happened to the docker-compose command?

Rebooted my server after 39 days today and the nerdpack apparently got an update, but this left me without docker-compose.

Running on 6.8.0rc7, I did notice some commits on the Github less then 39 days ago.

My docker setup greatly depends on docker-compose, so I'd like to have it back 🙂

Appreciate the effort!

Best regards.

EDIT:

Noticed that it was still listed at "https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-NerdPack/tree/master/packages/6.6", but not on

"https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-NerdPack/tree/master/packages/6.7" and above.

So I was able to get it for now by putting version 6.6 in the NerdPackHelper script.

I imagine this was a mistake? :)

Thanks again!

Edited by S1dney
Hey Guys,   I was wondering what happened to the docker-compose command? Rebooted my server after 39 days today and the nerdpack apparently got an update, but this left me without docker-compose.

Running on 6.8.0rc7, I did notice some commits on the Github less then 39 days ago.

My docker setup greatly depends on docker-compose, so I'd like to have it back

Appreciate the effort!

Best regards.

EDIT:

Noticed that it was still listed at "https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-NerdPack/tree/master/packages/6.6", but not on

"https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-NerdPack/tree/master/packages/6.7" and above.

So I was able to get it for now by putting version 6.6 in the NerdPackHelper script.

I imagine this was a mistake?

Thanks again!

No mistake sorry. Newer versions started requiring too many dependencies. However with any python package that doesn't require compiling, you can install it with all its depends through pip or pip3. See here https://forums.unraid.net/index.php?/topic/35866-unRAID-6-NerdPack---CLI-tools-(iftop,-iotop,-screen,-kbd,-etc.&do=findComment&comment=838361)

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, dmacias said:

No mistake sorry. Newer versions started requiring too many dependencies. However with any python package that doesn't require compiling, you can install it with all its depends through pip or pip3. See here https://forums.unraid.net/index.php?/topic/35866-unRAID-6-NerdPack---CLI-tools-(iftop,-iotop,-screen,-kbd,-etc.&do=findComment&comment=838361)

Ok understood, I'll give that a go.

Sad that it had to go tho.

Thanks for the alternative way! Appreciate it.

Edited by S1dney

Can anyone please assist 

I am not a Linux guy by any stretch of the imagination so please be patient. I added IOTop from Nerdpack but get the following error trying to run it

libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
To run an uninstalled copy of iotop,
launch iotop.py in the top directory

Can anyone point me in the right directions please ?

Can anyone please assist 

I am not a Linux guy by any stretch of the imagination so please be patient. I added IOTop from Nerdpack but get the following error trying to run it
libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
To run an uninstalled copy of iotop,
launch iotop.py in the top directory

Can anyone point me in the right directions please ?
Install libffi too.
On 1/19/2019 at 5:50 PM, bitcore said:

Thanks for the plugin, very useful and convenient!

The atop package seems to be filling up my /var/log partition in the atop directory with compressed binary data.

Anyway to configure this differently to not fill it up?

can it be fixed?

• Squid unpinned this topic