unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

18 hours ago, dmacias said:

I didn't realize this was a python package. Any python packages should be installed through python3, pip3 and setuptools. Just put pip3 install rdiff-backup in your go file. You may need libffi also.

My bad, didn't realise I needed to do that that way. Thanks!

On 1/18/2020 at 7:13 PM, DZMM said:

Thank you so much!  Working now

I know this is an old post but could you tell me the steps you took to get plexapi installed and working so it doesn't get lost on reboot? I can't seem to find instructions and python scripts + Unraid = No bueno for me

10 hours ago, Wavey said:

I know this is an old post but could you tell me the steps you took to get plexapi installed and working so it doesn't get lost on reboot? I can't seem to find instructions and python scripts + Unraid = No bueno for me

you have to install it at every boot.  Once you've got python installed via nerdpark just add this to a script that runs at array start or similar:

pip install plexapi

any chance of adding sg3-utils?  This tool is useful for pushing firmware to SAS expanaders

The sg3_utils package contains utilities that send SCSI commands to devices. As well as devices on transports traditionally associated with SCSI (e.g. Fibre Channel (FCP), Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and the SCSI Parallel Interface(SPI)) many other devices use SCSI command sets. ATAPI cd/dvd drives and SATA disks that connect via a translation layer or a bridge device are examples of devices that use SCSI command sets.

http://sg.danny.cz/sg/sg3_utils.html

• 2 weeks later...
any chance of adding sg3-utils?  This tool is useful for pushing firmware to SAS expanaders
The sg3_utils package contains utilities that send SCSI commands to devices. As well as devices on transports traditionally associated with SCSI (e.g. Fibre Channel (FCP), Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and the SCSI Parallel Interface(SPI)) many other devices use SCSI command sets. ATAPI cd/dvd drives and SATA disks that connect via a translation layer or a bridge device are examples of devices that use SCSI command sets.

http://sg.danny.cz/sg/sg3_utils.html
Added

Looks like this error is popping up again.

root@Tower:~# screen -S rsyncfree
screen: error while loading shared libraries: libutempter.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling couple of times.  But the file simple is not there, or at least where it is expected.  I did a find on it from the "/" directory and this was the output.

root@Tower:/# find . -name libutempter.so.0 -print
find: ‘./sys/kernel/slab’: Input/output error
./var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/b1daf479a39fd9f1a39ceb40ce64784e42f916a73249488d1b0116e07e5c64aa/usr/lib/libutempter.so.0
./var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/f3beb0ea00309ad19f51019fe724783689583de1fe456803b0b9a2252f4bcfcd-init/usr/lib/libutempter.so.0
./var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/f3beb0ea00309ad19f51019fe724783689583de1fe456803b0b9a2252f4bcfcd/usr/lib/libutempter.so.0

So it does get installed properly when adding a docker image.  But not when adding something via Nerd Pack.

Jim

Okay so the fix is simple, should of not been needed, but it works.

1. Copy the libutempter.so.0 from one of the other locations I mentioned above (run the find on your system to find it) to /usr/lib

2. In your home directory, edit your .bash_profile file and added at the bottom of it.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib

3. Save the file, logout and back in.  Your missing library file issue is solved.

Not the most elegant solution, but it works until a better fix is available.

Edited by jms2321
added detail
Looks like this error is popping up again.

root@Tower:~# screen -S rsyncfree
screen: error while loading shared libraries: libutempter.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling couple of times.  But the file simple is not there, or at least where it is expected.  I did a find on it from the "/" directory and this was the output.

root@Tower:/# find . -name libutempter.so.0 -print
find: ‘./sys/kernel/slab’: Input/output error
./var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/b1daf479a39fd9f1a39ceb40ce64784e42f916a73249488d1b0116e07e5c64aa/usr/lib/libutempter.so.0
./var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/f3beb0ea00309ad19f51019fe724783689583de1fe456803b0b9a2252f4bcfcd-init/usr/lib/libutempter.so.0
./var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/f3beb0ea00309ad19f51019fe724783689583de1fe456803b0b9a2252f4bcfcd/usr/lib/libutempter.so.0

So it does get installed properly when adding a docker image.  But not when adding something via Nerd Pack.

Jim

Okay so the fix is simple, should of not been needed, but it works.

1. Copy the libutempter.so.0 from one of the other locations I mentioned above (run the find on your system to find it) to /usr/lib
2. In your home directory, edit your .bash_profile file and added at the bottom of it.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib

3. Save the file, logout and back in.  Your missing library file issue is solved.

Not the most elegant solution, but it works until a better fix is available.
Do you have utempter installed? You need it for screen. Also ncurses-terminfo
  • Squid unpinned this topic