unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

Looking to make use of a python based application that interacts with Home Assistant and Elgato Stream Deck (runs on the unraid host, not Docker) which requires this library: https://github.com/libusb/hidapi

Slackware builds is making use of https://github.com/signal11/hidapi which is no longer supported/outdated.

On Debian these would be the packages I would be seeing to install:

libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libhidapi-libusb0

Since Fix Common Problems now warns about packages being installed via the extras (and because this would be a great utility to have in NerdPack) I'd like to make the request to have hidapi included.

On 1/27/2020 at 7:12 PM, dmacias said:
On 12/9/2019 at 3:24 PM, niXta- said:
rar2fs has been updated to v1.28.0.
Would be nice to get it in Nerd Tools since it has a big list of fixes, thanks!
https://github.com/hasse69/rar2fs/blob/master/ChangeLog

Finally got around to this. Had to redo the slackbuild since they changed the source. Updated rar2fs to 1.28.0 and unrar also to 5.8.5

Thanks again, the new releases of rar2fs fixes many bugs and memory leaks. Can we get an update (1.29.4), pretty please?

On 3/15/2021 at 3:55 AM, ZeroInputCtrl said:

I know Iperf3 is included in the pack but would it be possible to get Iperf2 added as well? The server I'm running single core performance isn't fast enough to test server to server over my 10g network. Iperf3 is single threaded vs iperf2 which has multi-threaded testing and would be useful.

You can run the iperf3 server as normal, and on the client run something like this:

iperf -P 8 -c ip.address.of.server

That launches 8 parallel streams, and seems to run multithreaded.

Does borgbackup need updating?  I'm getting this on 6.9.0 and 6.9.1:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/borg", line 33, in <module>
    sys.exit(load_entry_point('borgbackup==1.1.15', 'console_scripts', 'borg')())
  File "/usr/bin/borg", line 22, in importlib_load_entry_point
    for entry_point in distribution(dist_name).entry_points
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/importlib/metadata.py", line 524, in distribution
    return Distribution.from_name(distribution_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/importlib/metadata.py", line 187, in from_name
    raise PackageNotFoundError(name)
importlib.metadata.PackageNotFoundError: borgbackup

edit: It seems I can just run the binary borg-linux64 from here.  Anyone know if I'm likely to run in to issues using this?

Edited by ConnectivIT
On 11/4/2020 at 3:24 AM, Stupifier said:

Is anyone able to install `rdiff-backup` lately.......?
I've been using it just fine for months now......and all the sudden it fails to install!

pip3 install rdiff-backup

Wonder what the problem is....

Don't know, if your question has been answered, so https://rdiff-backup.net/ states:

..."In August 2019 Eric Lavarde with the support of Otto Kekäläinen from Seravo and Patrik Dufresne from Minarca took over, completed the Python 3 rewrite and finally released rdiff-backup 2.0 in March 2020."

On 3/28/2021 at 6:02 AM, RinxKninks said:

Don't know, if your question has been answered, so https://rdiff-backup.net/ states:

..."In August 2019 Eric Lavarde with the support of Otto Kekäläinen from Seravo and Patrik Dufresne from Minarca took over, completed the Python 3 rewrite and finally released rdiff-backup 2.0 in March 2020."

Ok.....not sure how that helps me install rdiff-backup on unraid though???? Are you suggesting a different command?

Hi,

I recently installed Nerd Pack primarily for p7zip. I wanted to use p7zip from my webserver so I can zip something from a php script. (The php-zip function is not enough) But I do not have a good idea how to make p7zip accessible from a webserver-docker (swag in my case).

I asked for help on their thread but nobody could help so far (

Thanks guys!

4 hours ago, ThereIsNo said:

Hi,

I recently installed Nerd Pack primarily for p7zip. I wanted to use p7zip from my webserver so I can zip something from a php script. (The php-zip function is not enough) But I do not have a good idea how to make p7zip accessible from a webserver-docker (swag in my case).

I asked for help on their thread but nobody could help so far (

Thanks guys!

If I read you right you want to use p7zip inside a container?    If so it needs to be installed inside the container, not at the unRaid (host) level.   The whole idea of containers is that they are isolated from the host software environment and handle their own software dependencies.

I have to admit I don't understand NerdPacks GUI. It is telling me I have 3 packages with "update ready" but I cannot find out how to either update them or delete them (since I don't actually need them). I find the status "downladed" vs "installed" quite confusing. Can anybody help? I just want to get rid of those 3 packages with "update ready".

315724344_Screenshot2021-04-10at15_53_09.thumb.png.71152262d2d84e36e20a51b76c9aeba5.png

13 minutes ago, pervel said:

I have to admit I don't understand NerdPacks GUI. It is telling me I have 3 packages with "update ready" but I cannot find out how to either update them or delete them (since I don't actually need them). I find the status "downladed" vs "installed" quite confusing. Can anybody help? I just want to get rid of those 3 packages with "update ready".

315724344_Screenshot2021-04-10at15_53_09.thumb.png.71152262d2d84e36e20a51b76c9aeba5.png

Same thing for me.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have a problem with tinc, first I had this error:

tincd: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So I linked the library with

cd /usr/lib64
ln -s libcrypto.so.1.1 libcrypto.so.1

And then I got this

root@Tower:/usr/lib64# tincd
tincd: symbol lookup error: tincd: undefined symbol: ENGINE_cleanup

How can I solve this error? 

I'd like to request the addition of the pixz compression tool.  

It's a wonderful extension to the standard xz (LZMA) compression tool that allows random access to files in the archive.  For large tarballs, the ability to extract any arbitrary file, and show the archive index, without reading the rest of the files in the archive (more or less constant time).  

I deal with 2-3 GB archives in my day to day work and I am guessing that I'll be dealing with a lot more as I get into UNRAID and it would be really nice to have random access to my compressed/archived files.

On 4/10/2021 at 4:56 PM, pervel said:

On 4/10/2021 at 5:10 PM, Jobine said:

Same thing for me.

Same thing for me also

On 4/20/2021 at 8:24 AM, Vr2Io said:

After system/disk change then plugin "checksum-tool" out of order due to missing "inotify" install. But check Nerdpack no inotify anymore.

@dmacias @Squid @jonp pls help, thanks.

image.png.800feaf51d79bfc9e3588af385189df2.png

Checksum Suite plugin?  As of 2018/12/31 no further development was going to be done on it.  Long ago deprecated....

• Squid unpinned this topic