unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

35 minutes ago, dmacias said:

Just run this from the command line. I'll add it to the unrar package later

ln -s /usr/lib64/libunrar.so /usr/lib64/libunrar.so.5.6.1

I tried it, and it first seemed to work. but after trying to access any file it wouldn't work. instead showing the following when printing ls -la:

ls -la
/bin/ls: cannot access 'rar2fs': Transport endpoint is not connected

d?????????  ? ?      ?        ?            ? rar2fs/

I tried it, and it first seemed to work. but after trying to access any file it wouldn't work. instead showing the following when printing ls -la:
ls -la

I'll just roll back unrar to 5.6.1
2 minutes ago, dmacias said:
23 minutes ago, Nischi said:
ls -la

I'll just roll back unrar to 5.6.1

Thank you, started to work again immediately!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, publicENEMY said:

Spawning a docker just to host rclone is a bit much.

The thing to keep in mind though is that in unRAID docker is the preferred way of installing applications. Everything from a full plex installation down to a single python script should be run in docker unless for some reason it cant. While containers use slightly more resources than a bare application, they provide varying levels of isolation to help keep applications from destabilizing the core unraid OS. Additionally they allow applications and their dependencies to be decoupled from whatever particular version of Slackware that unRAID is currently using. The key take away is that ideally plugins and additional packages should be reserved for extensions to the unRAID os and those occasional applications that require very low level system access and cannot run under docker.

I'm wondering if it's possible to get the latest version of Borg backup in Nerd Tools? I'm seeing borgbackup-1.1.4-x86_64-2.txz.
Earlier in this thread it says Borg was updated to version 1.1.10 but I'm still seeing 1.1.4.
Thanks!
I assume then you're on an older version of unraid. I usually only update the latest stable and the beta. So only 6.7 and 6.8 have that version. You could try and install this and see if it works then I'll update it. Just use upgradepkg borgbackup-1.1.10-x86_64-1.txz from the command line. https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-NerdPack/raw/master/packages/6.7/borgbackup-1.1.10-x86_64-1.txz

12 minutes ago, dmacias said:

Just test out that package under 6.6.7 and let me know if it works. Then I'll add it to the repo for 6.7 if it does.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/borg", line 6, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3017, in <module>
    @_call_aside
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3003, in _call_aside
    f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3030, in _initialize_master_working_set
    working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 659, in _build_master
    ws.require(__requires__)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 967, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 853, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'borgbackup==1.1.10' distribution was not found and is required by the application

It didn't work so I reverted back to 1.1.4. Error message above.

If anyone has the following error using tmux, here's the workaround. Not sure when this was introduced, I'm presently running 6.8.0-rc3

Error message

tmux: error while loading shared libraries: libevent-2.1.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Run this command as a workaround

ln -s /usr/lib64/libevent-2.1.so.7 /usr/lib64/libevent-2.1.so.6

Hey again

I ran into another issue with borg today. The borg mount command requires the library llfuse, I tried installing it from nerdpack, but it seems like it won't find it.

I get the following error:

borg mount /backups/critical_files .
borg mount not available: loading FUSE support failed [ImportError: No module named 'llfuse']
Theres a github thread about this at https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/issues/1726 which seems resolved as soon as llfuse was added.

Edit. Also found this comment "Install Python FUSE library Be sure to install it into the same Python environment as Borg itself."

from https://docs.borgbase.com/restore/

Edit again. Seems llfuse is depricated and pyfuse3 is recommended if possible. https://pypi.org/project/llfuse/

Edit agan again.... :)

llfuse from nerdpack is version 1.1. Just found this in /usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/borgbackup-1.1.10-py3.7.egg-info/requires.txt "[fuse]
llfuse<2.0,>=1.3.4"

So maybe just upgrading llfuse in nerdpack will fix this?

Edited by Nischi
Hey again

I ran into another issue with borg today. The borg mount command requires the library llfuse, I tried installing it from nerdpack, but it seems like it won't find it.
borg mount not available: loading FUSE support failed [importError: No module named 'llfuse']
Theres a github thread about this at https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/issues/1726 which seems resolved as soon as llfuse was added.

Edit. Also found this comment "Install Python FUSE library Be sure to install it into the same Python environment as Borg itself."

Edit again. Seems llfuse is depricated and pyfuse3 is recommended if possible. https://pypi.org/project/llfuse/

Edit agan again....
llfuse from nerdpack is version 1.1. Just found this in /usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/borgbackup-1.1.10-py3.7.egg-info/requires.txt "[fuse]
llfuse=1.3.4"
What version of Unraid are you on? You could try installing setuptools and pip and then pip install pyfuse3. Let me know if that works. No since in messing with llfuse if it's deprecated.
6 minutes ago, dmacias said:
On 10/27/2019 at 4:53 PM, Nischi said:
Hey again

borg mount not available: loading FUSE support failed [importError: No module named 'llfuse']

Edit agan again.... emoji4.png
llfuse=1.3.4"

What version of Unraid are you on? You could try installing setuptools and pip and then pip install pyfuse3. Let me know if that works. No since in messing with llfuse if it's deprecated.

I'm on 6.8.0 rc4. I tried pip install pyfuse3, but I got an error.

pip install pyfuse3
DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7.
Collecting pyfuse3
  Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/0e/f6/fd90c178fd2e3a7db9744769c70ee8c88ce83140580508bcc964f1614b7f/pyfuse3-2.0.0.tar.gz (546kB)
     |████████████████████████████████| 552kB 1.8MB/s 
    ERROR: Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
    ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "/tmp/pip-install-7emqXn/pyfuse3/setup.py", line 224
        raise SystemExit('Cython needs to be installed for this command') from None
                                                                             ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
    ----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-7emqXn/pyfuse3/

After that I tried pip install cython, which successully installs it says, but the same error persists when trying pyfuse3 again.

I'm on 6.8.0 rc4. I tried pip install pyfuse3, but I got an error.

pip install pyfuse3DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7.Collecting pyfuse3 Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/0e/f6/fd90c178fd2e3a7db9744769c70ee8c88ce83140580508bcc964f1614b7f/pyfuse3-2.0.0.tar.gz (546kB)    |████████████████████████████████| 552kB 1.8MB/s    ERROR: Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):     File "", line 1, in      File "/tmp/pip-install-7emqXn/pyfuse3/setup.py", line 224       raise SystemExit('Cython needs to be installed for this command') from None                                                                            ^   SyntaxError: invalid syntax   ----------------------------------------ERROR: Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-7emqXn/pyfuse3/

After that I tried pip install cython, which successully installs it says, but the same error persists when trying pyfuse3 again.

Try pip3

Edit:

I got it to install on my dev vm. I had to install the slackware fuse3 and then pip3 install pyfuse3. Not sure what installing fuse3 on top of fuse2 will do though

11 hours ago, dmacias said:

Try pip3

Edit:

I got it to install on my dev vm. I had to install the slackware fuse3 and then pip3 install pyfuse3. Not sure what installing fuse3 on top of fuse2 will do though

upgradepkg --install-new fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1.txz 

+==============================================================================
| Upgrading fuse3-3.6.2-x86_64-1_SBo package using ./fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1.txz
Pre-installing package fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1...
Removing package: fuse3-3.6.2-x86_64-1_SBo-upgraded-2019-10-29,17:32:30
Verifying package fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1.txz.
Installing package fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
# fuse3 (Filesystem in Userspace v3)
#
# FUSE is a simple interface for userspace programs to export a virtual
# filesystem to the Linux kernel. FUSE also aims to provide a secure
# method for non privileged users to create and mount their own
# filesystem implementations.
#
# Homepage: https://github.com/libfuse/libfuse
#
Executing install script for fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1.txz.
Package fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1.txz installed.
Package fuse3-3.6.2-x86_64-1_SBo upgraded with new package ./fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1.txz.
root@unraid:/mnt/user/non-share.files# pip3 install pyfuse3
Collecting pyfuse3
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/0e/f6/fd90c178fd2e3a7db9744769c70ee8c88ce83140580508bcc964f1614b7f/pyfuse3-2.0.0.tar.gz
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "/tmp/pip-install-i438an_4/pyfuse3/setup.py", line 275, in <module>
        main()
      File "/tmp/pip-install-i438an_4/pyfuse3/setup.py", line 74, in main
        compile_args = pkg_config('fuse3', cflags=True, ldflags=False, min_ver='3.2.0')
      File "/tmp/pip-install-i438an_4/pyfuse3/setup.py", line 163, in pkg_config
        if subprocess.call(cmd) != 0:
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 323, in call
        with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 775, in __init__
        restore_signals, start_new_session)
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 1522, in _execute_child
        raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
    FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'pkg-config': 'pkg-config'
ERROR: Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-i438an_4/pyfuse3/

:( seems like it's stil not working. Am I using the wrong fuse-file?

upgradepkg --install-new fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1.txz 
| Upgrading fuse3-3.6.2-x86_64-1_SBo package using ./fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1.txz
Pre-installing package fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1...
Removing package: fuse3-3.6.2-x86_64-1_SBo-upgraded-2019-10-29,17:32:30
Verifying package fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1.txz.
Installing package fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
# fuse3 (Filesystem in Userspace v3)
#
# FUSE is a simple interface for userspace programs to export a virtual
# filesystem to the Linux kernel. FUSE also aims to provide a secure
# method for non privileged users to create and mount their own
# filesystem implementations.
#
# Homepage: https://github.com/libfuse/libfuse
#
Executing install script for fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1.txz.
Package fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1.txz installed.
Package fuse3-3.6.2-x86_64-1_SBo upgraded with new package ./fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1.txz.
root@unraid:/mnt/user/non-share.files# pip3 install pyfuse3
Collecting pyfuse3
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/0e/f6/fd90c178fd2e3a7db9744769c70ee8c88ce83140580508bcc964f1614b7f/pyfuse3-2.0.0.tar.gz
      File "", line 1, in
      File "/tmp/pip-install-i438an_4/pyfuse3/setup.py", line 275, in
        main()
      File "/tmp/pip-install-i438an_4/pyfuse3/setup.py", line 74, in main
        compile_args = pkg_config('fuse3', cflags=True, ldflags=False, min_ver='3.2.0')
      File "/tmp/pip-install-i438an_4/pyfuse3/setup.py", line 163, in pkg_config
        if subprocess.call(cmd) != 0:
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 323, in call
        with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 775, in __init__
        restore_signals, start_new_session)
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 1522, in _execute_child
        raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
    FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'pkg-config': 'pkg-config'
ERROR: Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-i438an_4/pyfuse3/

seems like it's stil not working. Am I using the wrong fuse-file?

That was the right one but i just installpkg'd it. Also you need setuptools
  • Squid unpinned this topic