[DOCKER CONTAINER] DUC - Disk Usage Charts (and duplicate file finding!)

started my docker 120min and referenced /mnt/user and still cannot see anything, but I have about 37tb of data, so I assume this is expected? Is there a log I can check if it's still running? AFter 6 hours it still is not displaying anything. Now it has been over 9 hrs and still nothing is displayed. So something must have gone wrong somewhere.

This is the issue I had. Restart your docker but make the data folder mapping much smaller, like just the movies/etc.

I can do that, but if I use all of /mnt/user, it never finishes. I think the issue is with my "misc" folder, which has lots of smaller files, pictures, backups of those pictures, etc. Does all my movies/tv shows (seperately) which is a lot more DATA quickly. I haven't looked any further into it, to see if there is a log or anything to tell me whats going on.

started my docker 120min and referenced /mnt/user and still cannot see anything, but I have about 37tb of data, so I assume this is expected? Is there a log I can check if it's still running? AFter 6 hours it still is not displaying anything. Now it has been over 9 hrs and still nothing is displayed. So something must have gone wrong somewhere.

I'd either index this in chunks (as was suggested by 00b5) or run duc index from within a shell (using docker exec) to see the output from the indexer tool. I'm not sure what the limits are on the DUC indexer, but I'm wondering if RAM is an issue at that size.

If you want some help running the indexer, let me know - I'd love to figure out how to make this work for such a large array.

This is the issue I had. Restart your docker but make the data folder mapping much smaller, like just the movies/etc.

I can do that, but if I use all of /mnt/user, it never finishes. I think the issue is with my "misc" folder, which has lots of smaller files, pictures, backups of those pictures, etc. Does all my movies/tv shows (seperately) which is a lot more DATA quickly. I haven't looked any further into it, to see if there is a log or anything to tell me whats going on.

Same here. It sits there with no output to the web page, there's no activity measured by htop (when it's running it uses lots of CPU).

If it can only work with small amounts of data, what's the point?  ;D I can use TreeSize if I want to just look at /mnt/user/Movies  ???:-\

A trick that I'll share in case you want to index a subdir of /mnt/user (mounted in the container as /data) from the web interface

http://[server]:2112/cgi-bin/duc.cgi?cmd=reindex&path=/data/[subdir]

So for me, if i want to index just /mnt/user/photos, I do could do

http://myservername.local:2112/cgi-bin/duc.cgi?cmd=reindex&path=/data/photos

Note: This will not work for paths that are not a subdir of /data, and I've not tested it in a case where the first index of /data isn't complete.

iancole, this is a great Docker, I love it. The only issue is that the container doesn't seem to survive a reboot....I always have to "upgrade" it. Otherwise I see these messages in my log (both servers):

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.3. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
httpd (pid 10) already running

iancole, this is a great Docker, I love it. The only issue is that the container doesn't seem to survive a reboot....I always have to "upgrade" it. Otherwise I see these messages in my log (both servers):

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.3. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

Thanks for the feedback. The apache warning is ok, as the server doesn't need a real domain name (although I suppose I could set it just to not have the warning show...) - as for the reboots, I've seen that same behavior...but haven't found the reason yet. I'll keep looking.

• 1 month later...

The way i fixed this was

docker exec -it DUC /bin/bash

scped the files from /duc to a share

shutdown the imge

edit the docker and add a rw link to  /duc  on my raid /mnt/user/appdata/duc

put the files in there

now the db is still there after a reboot of the image.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/5/2018 at 9:26 PM, Raidersan said:

I have tried to install this by adding the templates to my docker configuration but it does not work. Anybody managed to install this recently?

Hi Raidersan, I installed this tonight and it installed and ran without any issues (although I am getting some issues with large mounts as per previous posts).

I did have to use the second template URL in order to install it via template.