Preclear on top of preclear?

Hi All,

I've just set up a new server from scratch and I'm currently running a 3 pass preclear on 3 new drives through screen.

I started running preclear on the first drive and then couldn't reconnect to the screen session and couldn't find any evidence it was running so I started again. I then did this once more until I could freely access the screen window. I then started the preclear on the other two drives.

I assumed that on the first disc that even if preclear was already running, if I started it again it would cancel the last instance.

Now that they have been running for about 12 hours, I have noticed in unmenu that the drive which I stared preclear 3 times on is running less than half as fast as the other two, and has completed half as much of the process. Additionally, it has read significantly more data than the other two.

I'm concerned that all 3 preclears are running on the first drive at the same time. Is this possible? Is there anything I can do to stop it?

Many thanks in advance for any advice. 

As far as I know there is nothing in the pre_clear script that would stop you running multiple instances against the same drive (although I could be wrong on that).

You could get a list of running processes (via the 'ps' command) and see how many instances are running.  You could then potentially kill any unwanted ones (possibly telling by their age which ones to kill).  Obviously rebooting the server will also abort any running pre_clears.