Arch Zip Download?

Camel

Don't know if it is still out there, but lonix had a mirror that you could get to by installing buxx. Looking at the code on his github it looks like it is at

https://lonix.me/mirror/archvm/ArchVM_v5.zip

Don't expect there will be many still using this though so you may be on your own.

Why not just use the built-in KVM manager to create an Arch VM? Haven't tried it but it's probably easier than working through all the steps to get this going.

Excellent replies. Thank you so much. I am now trying to load Docker and some repos.

Thanks for letting me know about the current status of ArchVM and where to find the last known zip for ArchVM.

It is hard for me to read several threads that go into 50/60 pages then veer  off to many other useful threads. I am trying to find one or two threads that deal with an install of kodi and its plugins. Just not sure what road to take.

I have to inform myself about KVM. I have to distinguish between KVM, Docker, and Xen in order to accomplish further goals but for now I am trying to learn the best way to get a media center up and running. Then I would like to incorporate backing up my first tower to this second tower.

One step at a time...

Excellent replies. Thank you so much. I am now trying to load Docker and some repos.

Thanks for letting me know about the current status of ArchVM and where to find the last known zip for ArchVM.

It is hard for me to read several threads that go into 50/60 pages then veer  off to many other useful threads. I am trying to find one or two threads that deal with an install of kodi and its plugins. Just not sure what road to take.

I have to inform myself about KVM. I have to distinguish between KVM, Docker, and Xen in order to accomplish further goals but for now I am trying to learn the best way to get a media center up and running. Then I would like to incorporate backing up my first tower to this second tower.

One step at a time...

If you are just stepping into this I would suggest you focus on Docker for all/most your needs and then only look at KVM/XEN to cover off anything left over. Docker is the preferred solution for plugins nowadays and is what is getting the most attention. Most apps you want (such as Kodi) are in Docker already (look for a post from sparklyballs). Docker should cover just about everything you likely need.

At least this will allow you to focus on one technology and give you the best chance of success in meeting your requirements.

Ok - yes, makes sense, Docker it is.

I cannot get Docker going. I found some posts on how to enable it and it's settings. Some are old though showing earlier betas.

I cannot start my Docker nor make changes in the path for the image. It is set to disk1 and I want the img to reside on my cache drive. It is greyed out. Cache drive is btrfs with one share on it as disk1 has one share. I also cannot save any repos.

Where should I be looking?

Thanks,

Camel

I cannot start my Docker nor make changes in the path for the image. It is set to disk1 and I want the img to reside on my cache drive. It is greyed out. Cache drive is btrfs with one share on it as disk1 has one share. I also cannot save any repos.

Once you click into the field for the path, you will see a flashing cursor.  Just start typing a new path

Well that was embarrassing!

Thank you for that. All is running now. Now I have to find how to integrate the installed xbmc and other related plugins. Along with the front end box by the tv. I am getting there !

Thanks,

Camel

If you add the two following Template repositories on the Docker tab:

https://github.com/gfjardim/docker-containers/tree/templates

https://github.com/sparklyballs/docker-repo/tree/templates/

This should give you access to existing Dockers for most of your needs. Each Docker should also give you an idea of the config options you need to worry about. If you have questions, just ask and someone can likely help you.

Archived