• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

i have set up webgrabplus, made config and data folders (docker\WebGrabPlus\data\ ; docker\WebGrabPlus\config\), repaired xml files so guide.xml points to correct directory (<filename>/mnt/disk1/unraid/docker/WebGrabPlus/data/guide.xml</filename>). Service starts, in the log there is no error. Everything seems ok, it grabs all the tv data. But the guide.xml doesn't get created in the data directory, i haven' found it anywhere. Have tried to create it manually but it stays 0kb so it doesn't get updated.

What else can i try?

Tnx

Your problem is that you did not set the correct path in the Webgrab+plus.xml. It has to be /data/guide.xml or else it will not work. This is explained in the first post  ;)

Webgrab+plus only sees the volumes you map in the template. You specified the path to the folder on unraid in the config file for webgrab+plus which webgrab+plus does not know anything about.

Oscam

If you are going to use a USB card reader in Oscam, you will have to use the same method as used for passing through DVB cards in the Tvheadend container.

So that means you have to add the --device tag in front of the repository name in the repository box in the Oscam template as this:

--device=/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyUSB0

The name of the device changes depending on the device you use.

It should look like this after editing:

--device=/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyUSB0 tobbenb/oscam

Dear saarg,

Thank you for your dockers. The oscam one is working great.

Could you please give us some examples where more than one card-reader are presented in the system.

How it should look like after editing? My devices are /dev/ttyUSB0, /dev/ttyUSB1 and /dev/ttyUSB2.

Thank you in advance.

Oscam

If you are going to use a USB card reader in Oscam, you will have to use the same method as used for passing through DVB cards in the Tvheadend container.

So that means you have to add the --device tag in front of the repository name in the repository box in the Oscam template as this:

--device=/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyUSB0

The name of the device changes depending on the device you use.

It should look like this after editing:

--device=/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyUSB0 tobbenb/oscam

Dear saarg,

Thank you for your dockers. The oscam one is working great.

Could you please give us some examples where more than one card-reader are presented in the system.

How it should look like after editing? My devices are /dev/ttyUSB0, /dev/ttyUSB1 and /dev/ttyUSB2.

Thank you in advance.

You just add the same line after or before the one you have. Just remember to use one space between them.

--device=/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyUSB0 --device=/dev/ttyUSB1:/dev/ttyUSB1 tobbenb/oscam

Dear saarg,

I have noted that the oscam docker is using a lot of RAM on my server. Even unraid is killing the process in order to survive.

Here is the part of the log file:

Mar 12 05:37:22 UNRAID kernel: Out of memory: Kill process 28982 (oscam-svn) score 601 or sacrifice child (Errors)

Mar 12 05:37:22 UNRAID kernel: Killed process 28982 (oscam-svn) total-vm:6937108kB, anon-rss:4935776kB, file-rss:0kB (Errors)

Also I can not determine which version of oscam is built into the docker image?

According to the oscam itself it is

OSCAM: 1.20-unstable_svn Build: r0 Compiler: x86_64-linux-gnu

Could you please tell is it possible somehow to include mine own compiled version of oscam or to update it with the latest build?

My hardware details are on my signature.

Thanks again.

I haven't seen any problems with high memory use when I tested the docker, but I'll check it out.

I haven't moved my oscam from my VM to docker yet as I had some problem getting a pcsc reader to work in docker. I'll see if I can get my sat dish and card up running again to stress test it here and see if I get the same problem.

I know that it doesn't show the build number, but that is a problem of the ppa of oscam. I haven't had the time to convert the container to use git yet. I have no idea when I get the time though.

If you want your own version you will have to build your own container or access the container you have and modify it. If you want to try a newer version you can do an apt update/upgrade inside the container.

So I have started playing with this. First off let me say Kudos, great work.

Some suggestions to ponder in no particular order:

The tvheadend description contains no reference to the web gui and since it runs in host mode it doesnt have the obvious port map. The container popup has the link but IMO thats a bit hidden away. Suggest its existence is just added to the description for completely new users to spot.

saarg, is there a way for you to include ffmpeg in the container? that way we can use tvheadend's pipe capabilities

This looks nice as well https://github.com/Jalle19/node-ffmpeg-mpegts-proxy

My problem with all things PVR has always been the monumental hurdle the first step is for users. OK the days are almost gone where you had to scrape to depths of the internet just to make your card work but even now its no small endeavour to get that first feed.

So I was thinking that we could look to ship this with one sample iptv feed working perhaps using the project(s) above. This way new users could quickly spool it up, play with Kodi etc and get a taste for more.

On a similar note    WebGrab+Plus is a complete bugger to setup. Could we perhaps ship it in a working state for one feed. CRON @reboot is pretty lame but in theory combined with shipping a working example on start you would have some XML (again reducing the first step hurdle).

Lastly most of the WebGrab+Plus files are owned by root making them uneditbale etc via samba

-rw-r--r--  1 root  root  22K Mar 18 17:27 WebGrab++.config.xml

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  root    25 Mar 18 17:22 ini/

drwxr-xr-x  2 root  root    98 Mar 18 17:22 mdb/

drwxr-xr-x  2 root  root    27 Mar 18 17:22 rex/

Again nice work

I didn't even think about the webGui when I wrote the description. I'll add it as soon as I have some time.

Web streams are normally localised, so unless there is any streams open to the whole world I don't see a reason to include one. Do you have any?

Personally I'm not a fan of preconfigured settings that I have to remove, but I see the point fro new users.

Webgrab is a big PITA no matter how. I was thinking to make it run on startup of the docker as it is very easy to trigger a grab in case its needed. I don't remember how its set up now with users, but I thought I use nobody. I'll check it later.

Question:

I notice you install all the dependency's and then clone and compile from git. Is this force of habit or is there a reason to do this over the official apt repository Ubuntu "https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/wiki/AptRepository"?

The apt packages doesn't have libav/libffmpeg_static compiled, so transcoding will not work. So I compile it from source to enable libffmpeg_static and also HDHomerun.

I had a look at my Webgrab+Plus and it's run as root, so no wonder the config files belongs to root. I'll try to get it to run as nobody when I have the time :) It will be soon, limetech time ;)

haha oK that makes sense.

Another one sorry:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root  root    14 Mar 23 16:40 wget.bat -> /wg++/wget.bat

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root  root    14 Mar 23 16:40 wget.exe -> /wg++/wget.exe

since the symlink is within the container this screws with rsync backing up appdata outside the container.

haha oK that makes sense.

Another one sorry:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root  root    14 Mar 23 16:40 wget.bat -> /wg++/wget.bat

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root  root    14 Mar 23 16:40 wget.exe -> /wg++/wget.exe

since the symlink is within the container this screws with rsync backing up appdata outside the container.

I had no idea they would screw up backing up with rsync. I'll copy the files on first startup instead. It should be updated in 30 minutes or so.

I have updated the WebGrab+Plus container with following changes:

- Changed user to nobody. Existing files and folders will automatically get the right permissions after the update.

- Added config file and also a working example so a grab starts at first container start.

- Changed so grabbing starts when the container starts so it's easier to trigger a grab.

- Removed symlinks to wget.bat and wget.exe in the config folder. Files are now copied on first start.

You can update now, but then you will not get the last mentioned fix as that on is still building on docker hub. Should be finished in about 30 minutes time.

I might add the possibility to not start a grab when the container starts at a later time.

I can't wait to give this a shot with my HDHomerun Prime. I've been using a separate box for mythtv forever now. Thanks very much for this  :)  I have a question though. Is it possible to use a dedicated "out of the array" disk to pass for this container to store recordings? I would think storing to the array would be painfully slow.

I can't wait to give this a shot with my HDHomerun Prime. I've been using a separate box for mythtv forever now. Thanks very much for this  :)  I have a question though. Is it possible to use a dedicated "out of the array" disk to pass for this container to store recordings? I would think storing to the array would be painfully slow.

I think you can achieve this using the snap plugin made by dlandon available here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31594.0

I do not use a parity drive so I record to the array.

I think you can achieve this using the snap plugin made by dlandon available here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31594.0

I do not use a parity drive so I record to the array.

May I ask why you don't use parity? That seems very scary to me. :)