[Deprecated] tobbenb's Docker Template Repository - WebGrab+Plus

I knew you'd make it work CHBMB :D I guess someone is going to the shrine and sing your praise tonight :D

Makes up for all that slander earlier ;)

Saarg, Sparklyballs has sent me a message he's had an interesting problem where as soon as he starts the docker container his whole system locks up! 

He's got appropriate permissions in his go file and as well he's using your DVB plugin.  Not sure whether he's using your stable or unstable branch or what tuner card/USB he's using.

Would you mind having a think about it and seeing if you can think of anything as I haven't seen this before...

Sparklyballs is certainly more advanced a user than I am, so that helps rule out silly mistakes I think.

The only thing left I could suggest was to try Mettbrot's plugin, but his problem has got me intrigued.

As regards the digital devices DVB-T issue, I'll post the build up in my thread if there is anyone else as awkward as Monkeyair to have the same cards and from this point on it will be known as the Monkeyair-MediaBuild in his honour :)

He probably have too many containers running  ;D

I don't see why the server would lock up, but it's possible it might be a bug in the driver. Might try to pass through the card to a VM to see if the same happens.

That's a nice name for the media build  ;D

it's on another server to my main one and is the only docker on it so far.

one question though, does the architechture need to support "passthrough" for dockers the same as real passthrough does for a VM ?

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I knew you'd make it work CHBMB :D I guess someone is going to the shrine and sing your praise tonight :D

Saarg, Sparklyballs has sent me a message he's had an interesting problem where as soon as he starts the docker container his whole system locks up! 

He's got appropriate permissions in his go file and as well he's using your DVB plugin.  Not sure whether he's using your stable or unstable branch or what tuner card/USB he's using.

Would you mind having a think about it and seeing if you can think of anything as I haven't seen this before...

Sparklyballs is certainly more advanced a user than I am, so that helps rule out silly mistakes I think.

The only thing left I could suggest was to try Mettbrot's plugin, but his problem has got me intrigued.

As regards the digital devices DVB-T issue, I'll post the build up in my thread if there is anyone else as awkward as Monkeyair to have the same cards and from this point on it will be known as the Monkeyair-MediaBuild in his honour :)

I don't see why the server would lock up, but it's possible it might be a bug in the driver. Might try to pass through the card to a VM to see if the same happens.

one question though, does the architechture need to support "passthrough" for dockers the same as real passthrough does for a VM ?

Passing through devices for containers doesn't need any virtualization support in you hardware. It only needs the drivers installed in the host system.

Which version are you running? Stable or unstable?

Have you tried to run the container as privileged?

Passing through devices for containers doesn't need any virtualization support in you hardware. It only needs the drivers installed in the host system.

i've tried both versions, haven't tried privilege yet.

will do later, i'm on a roll with mythtv docker and i don't want to lose the mojo.

will do later, i'm on a roll with mythtv docker and i don't want to lose the mojo.

Good luck with that thing!

i've got the main config screen up, finally...

Yeah I saw that in the mythtv thread. Good job. Do you base it on a container with gui or you have a trick up your sleeve?

Yeah I saw that in the mythtv thread. Good job. Do you base it on a container with gui or you have a trick up your sleeve?

presently running in a desktop in a docker style rdp, but that's not neccesarily how it will end up, just easier to test things that way. but it will some form of rdp based container because the setup is gui only for the main part, you can ssh in but i'm not sure you want to do that with a docker and whether it still needs x server in the container. if it does, might as well just go for the rdp style anyways as the overhead isn't much different.

presently running in a desktop in a docker style rdp, but that's not neccesarily how it will end up, just easier to test things that way. but it will some form of rdp based container because the setup is gui only for the main part, you can ssh in but i'm not sure you want to do that with a docker and whether it still needs x server in the container. if it does, might as well just go for the rdp style anyways as the overhead isn't much different.

That looks like a good idea. Too bad they didn't make it easier to configure, but then you wouldn't have that challenge

The new "Monkeyair" build is up and running, but I'm curious about a couple of teething problems.

Some DVB-S channels are now taking about 15 seconds to switch.  Also when I select "Start to record" from kodi during an active channel I am told that the recording has started, followed by recording deleted.  I am able to record unactive channels through Kodi. I think that I have experienced these problem with previous builds, but can't think of a common solution.

Any ideas or is this due to the dreaded Digital Devices Linux drivers?

The new "Monkeyair" build is up and running, but I'm curious about a couple of teething problems.

Some DVB-S channels are now taking about 15 seconds to switch.  Also when I select "Start to record" from kodi during an active channel I am told that the recording has started, followed by recording deleted.  I am able to record unactive channels through Kodi. I think that I have experienced these problem with previous builds, but can't think of a common solution.

Hmmm, get me a list of which drivers and firmware you are using with your current cards and I'll try and take a look

Hmmm, get me a list of which drivers and firmware you are using with your current cards and I'll try and take a look

You're meant to be away on a break!  Step away from the Media Builds  ;D

The tuning problem might be a problem with the drivers, but to check it can you test to use the Watch TV button in the webgui and see if the same thing happens there?

It might be you are using a combination of tvheadend and kodi that do not like each other. It also might be a bug in tvheadend. You can check on www.tvheadend.org if someone else have the same problem. I think I have seen a similar problem getting reported on the tvheadend site.

Edit:

Have you created a username/password in tvheadend that you are using in kodi or you just put in the IP of the tvheadend server?

If you haven't ceated a user/password, please do so and try again to start a recording.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but this seems like the best place to post this question:

I'm sure I'm missing something basic, but how do you access the tvheadend webui? I've read through the first post a few times. I have /config, /data, and /recordings folders mapped.

With either the oscam or oscam-test dockers, the docker is running, and I can access the oscam webui on /tower:8888. I'm expecting to see tvheadend on /tower:9981, but get nothing.

What am I doing wrong? Where is tvheadend?

Thanks for the help

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but this seems like the best place to post this question:

I'm sure I'm missing something basic, but how do you access the tvheadend webui? I've read through the first post a few times. I have /config, /data, and /recordings folders mapped.

With either the oscam or oscam-test dockers, the docker is running, and I can access the oscam webui on /tower:8888. I'm expecting to see tvheadend on /tower:9981, but get nothing.

Thanks for the help

You should be able to use tower:9981, it's working here.

What happens if you click the tvheadend icon on the docker man and choose WebUi?

Is the container running?

What is in the log of the container?

Thanks for the help

You should be able to use tower:9981, it's working here.

What happens if you click the tvheadend icon on the docker man and choose WebUi?

Is the container running?

What is in the log of the container?

I do not see a tvheadend icon on the docker or dashboard pages at all, so if I'm supposed to, then no it's not running!  :o  When I installed oscam or oscam-test dockers, neither time did a tvheadend icon appear.

fgY6uHv.jpg

Here is the oscam log:

*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 7
10:13:14 0 s >> OSCam << cardserver started, version 1.20-unstable_svn, build r0 (x86_64-linux-gnu)
10:13:14 0 s System name = Linux
10:13:14 0 s Host name = unraid
10:13:14 0 s Release = 4.0.4-unRAID
10:13:14 0 s Version = #4 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jun 6 01:34:49 PDT 2015
10:13:14 0 s Machine = x86_64
10:13:14 0 s creating pidfile /tmp/.oscam/oscam.pid with pid 17
10:13:14 0 s signal handling initialized
10:13:14 0 s loadbalancer: can't read from file /tmp/.oscam/stat
10:13:14 0 s waiting for local card init
10:13:14 8C0 h webif: decompressed 157960 bytes back into 374384 bytes
10:13:14 8C0 h HTTP Server running. ip=0.0.0.0 port=8888
10:13:15 0 s init for all local cards done
10:13:15 0 s anti cascading disabled
10:13:15 790F20 c plain dvbapi-client granted (anonymous, au=off)
10:13:15 790F20 c ERROR: Could not detect DVBAPI version.

Doh!

iWKad22l.jpg

Somehow when I read the description of oscam, I thought it had all of oscam, tvheadend, and webgrab all in one. I think it's because the forum link lists all 3...

Tvheadend-unstable up and running now.  :-\

Sorry to waste your time!

Thanks

III_D

Hi Saarg,

I just installed the tvheadend-unstable docker.

I can access the web interface, so everything are ok till here.

In order to access my sat>ip box(octopus net) I used to add TVH_ARGS="--satip_xml http://satip.lan:8080/desc.xml" in /etc/default/tvheadend.

how to start the docker with that satip argument?

thanks in advance

Tvheadend is not started by the normal startup script like in debian/ubuntu in the docker, so you can not do the same as you did before.

Have you tried the autodiscover sat>ip servers on Configuration --> general? I guess you have checked if the sat>ip tuners shows up in DVB inputs?

There is also some parameters in the sat>ip box under general.

Thanks for the reply,

my sat>ip box is on another subnet, therefore autodiscovery cannot work.

I have to specify the ip address of the sat>ip box at the startup.

In the web interface I don't see any option to specify the ip address of the sat>ip box.

thanks again.

Thanks for the reply,

my sat>ip box is on another subnet, therefore autodiscovery cannot work.

I have to specify the ip address of the sat>ip box at the startup.

In the web interface I don't see any option to specify the ip address of the sat>ip box.

thanks again.

Then you have to change the subnet or access the docker and set the satip_XML in /etc/service/tvheadend/run file. This will be deleted every time you update the container.

What is the reason you don't have them on the same subnet?

• 1 month later...

Would anyone here be able to help me out setting up TVheadend?  I've basically installed the docker, and it sees my tuners.  I've created a Network (both ATSC and DVB-C), and added the individual tuners to that network, but I can't get the MUXing to work, and I'm not sure if I'm selecting the correct options.

I have an HDHomerun Prime with a cablecard.  My channels are copy-freely.  I can't get the Muxing scans to find anything. I'm not even sure I'm using the verbiage correctly.  I'm used to WMC/ServerWMC.

I do get some Idle/OK in the Muxes tab, but when I go to play, the video never loads.

How do I get my channels added?  I've looked online, but only found information for DVB-*, and ATSC (OTA).  I found a manual way to do it with hdhomerun_config, but when I bash into the docker cli, I can't find hdhomerun_config anywhere.  I would much appreciate some hand holding in getting this setup.

Thanks in advance.

ETA:  I live near Chicago, IL.

Would anyone here be able to help me out setting up TVheadend?  I've basically installed the docker, and it sees my tuners.  I've created a Network (both ATSC and DVB-C), and added the individual tuners to that network, but I can't get the MUXing to work, and I'm not sure if I'm selecting the correct options.

I have an HDHomerun Prime with a cablecard.  My channels are copy-freely.  I can't get the Muxing scans to find anything. I'm not even sure I'm using the verbiage correctly.  I'm used to WMC/ServerWMC.

I do get some Idle/OK in the Muxes tab, but when I go to play, the video never loads.

How do I get my channels added?  I've looked online, but only found information for DVB-*, and ATSC (OTA).  I found a manual way to do it with hdhomerun_config, but when I bash into the docker cli, I can't find hdhomerun_config anywhere.  I would much appreciate some hand holding in getting this setup.

Thanks in advance.

ETA:  I live near Chicago, IL.

There are some people here that use the HDHomerun, so hopefully they can chime in.

Have you checked this video?