[Deprecated] tobbenb's Docker Template Repository - WebGrab+Plus

Yeah, that's the only video I've found that's remotely helpful, except that his tuners are Over The Air, and I'm pretty sure the process for channel grabbing is different for a Cablecard tuner, but I can't seem to find the correct combination of options to set it.  At the very least, I should be able to get ClearQAM channels, but I can't even figure that out. 

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, that's the only video I've found that's remotely helpful, except that his tuners are Over The Air, and I'm pretty sure the process for channel grabbing is different for a Cablecard tuner, but I can't seem to find the correct combination of options to set it.  At the very least, I should be able to get ClearQAM channels, but I can't even figure that out.

Did you choose a pre-defined mux when you created the ATSC network? I think ATSC goes for both cable and OTA.

Yes, I selected the ATSC pre-defined MUX. 

It appears to be finding some services, but no channels.

2015-08-07 13:52:47.927 subscription: 025E: "scan" subscribing to mux "69.028MHz", weight: 6, adapter: "HDHomeRun ATSC Tuner #2 (192.168.1.127)", network: "Prime", service: "Raw PID Subscription"

2015-08-07 13:53:02.000 mpegts: 69.028MHz in Prime - scan no data, failed

2015-08-07 13:53:02.000 subscription: 025E: "scan" unsubscribing

2015-08-07 13:53:02.000 mpegts: 79.028MHz in Prime - tuning on HDHomeRun ATSC Tuner #2 (192.168.1.127)

2015-08-07 13:53:02.000 tvhdhomerun: tuning to auto:79028615

2015-08-07 13:53:02.008 subscription: 0260: "scan" subscribing to mux "79.028MHz", weight: 6, adapter: "HDHomeRun ATSC Tuner #2 (192.168.1.127)", network: "Prime", service: "Raw PID Subscription"

2015-08-07 13:53:02.013 mpegts: 63.028MHz in Prime - scan no data, failed

2015-08-07 13:53:02.013 subscription: 025D: "scan" unsubscribing

2015-08-07 13:53:02.014 mpegts: 85.028MHz in Prime - tuning on HDHomeRun ATSC Tuner #1 (192.168.1.127)

2015-08-07 13:53:02.014 tvhdhomerun: tuning to auto:85028615

2015-08-07 13:53:02.023 subscription: 0262: "scan" subscribing to mux "85.028MHz", weight: 6, adapter: "HDHomeRun ATSC Tuner #1 (192.168.1.127)", network: "Prime", service: "Raw PID Subscription"

2015-08-07 13:53:02.027 mpegts: 57.028MHz in Prime - scan no data, failed

2015-08-07 13:53:02.027 subscription: 025C: "scan" unsubscribing

It doesn't seem to find any services. A service is a channel ;)

There are multiple pre-defined muxes to choose from, so which one did you try?

I think this one should have most used frequencies used: United States: us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256, but I don't really know. So try all of the ones that says cable on it.

I made a new stable container for tvheadend. It has version 4.0.5. I found out it was better to make a new instead of foring people to the version 4 branch. The old stable version will not be maintained anymore.

I also updated the unstable version to the latest build. Should be ready when the docker hub decides to start building it...

I just created a pull request for your template.  <Beta> and <Category> are duplicated within them which is playing havoc with CA.  If nothing else, you've given me a situation I need to fix.  (Once again, I didn't anticipate that xml error)

Happy to screw things up for you  ;)

I guess it's not a good thing to create templates right before bedtime  ::) Thanks for cleaning up after me again!

I had lots of trouble using the pre-defined muxes so I made my own (for Tucson, AZ) using this method https://tvheadend.org/boards/4/topics/6063?r=6380.

Did you have to create a Linux VM in order to do this, or were you able to do it by bashing into the container?  I tried bashing in but couldn't find the hdhomerun_config file.

I don't think you will find it as HDHomerun support is built into tvheadend.

If you know the frequencies for the muxes you can always add it manually into tvheadend.

Didn't any of the pre-defined muxes work for you?

Didn't any of the pre-defined muxes work for you?

Unfortunately, they did not.  I tried the ATSC and all the Cable ones.  I'm in a Chicago, IL suburb.

You can try to do this when you are in the container:

apt-get install hdhomerun-config

After that you should be able to run the hdhomerun_config to find the frequencies.

I just created a pull request for your template.  <Beta> and <Category> are duplicated within them which is playing havoc with CA.  If nothing else, you've given me a situation I need to fix.  (Once again, I didn't anticipate that xml error)

I guess it's not a good thing to create templates right before bedtime  ::) Thanks for cleaning up after me again!

The way i look at is that little mistakes like that only serve to make CA more solid.  So in that respect, I should thank you

The way i look at is that little mistakes like that only serve to make CA more solid.  So in that respect, I should thank you

Exactly what I was trying to do  ;D

You can try to do this when you are in the container:

apt-get install hdhomerun-config

After that you should be able to run the hdhomerun_config to find the frequencies.

Unable to locate package.  :/

Tried with sudo, hdhomerun-config and hdhomerun_config

Do I need to add a repository? I can't seem to find documentation for one.

Nm... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=152630

dvbhdhomerun

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tfylliv/dvbhdhomerun

Update Sources

sudo apt-get update

I made a new stable container for tvheadend. It has version 4.0.5. I found out it was better to make a new instead of foring people to the version 4 branch. The old stable version will not be maintained anymore.

I also updated the unstable version to the latest build. Should be ready when the docker hub decides to start building it...

Nice work saarg, only little glitch is that the docker icon doesn't seem to appear anymore... and I do like my eye candy..  ;D

Nice work saarg, only little glitch is that the docker icon doesn't seem to appear anymore... and I do like my eye candy..  ;D

I saw the same here, but I had played around so much with local built version, so I thought that was the reason.

It should work as it's the same icon as the other tvheadend containers. I'll have a look at it so you get your eye candy  ::) Maybe I can use one of the new sparkly logos  ;D

I saw the same here, but I had played around so much with local built version, so I thought that was the reason.

It should work as it's the same icon as the other tvheadend containers.

I think it's because of the name, the format that is used is generally author-container-latest-icon.png and my suspicion is that the version number is what's causing the issue, but I have no proof of this, just conjecture as I saw the icon file is correct and the same as the previous version.

I'll have a look at it so you get your eye candy  ::) Maybe I can use one of the new sparkly logos  ;D

Forget the eye candy, I'd rather lose my eyes first!  ;D

EDIT: Oh, the new ones, thought you meant the old one!  ;)

It should work as it's the same icon as the other tvheadend containers.

I think it's because of the name, the format that is used is generally author-container-latest-icon.png and my suspicion is that the version number is what's causing the issue, but I have no proof of this, just conjecture as I saw the icon file is correct and the same as the previous version.

I'll have a look at it so you get your eye candy  ::) Maybe I can use one of the new sparkly logos  ;D

Forget the eye candy, I'd rather lose my eyes first!  ;D

EDIT: Oh, the new ones, thought you meant the old one!  ;)

such hate for my gif.

@CHBMB

Where are the icons stored? Forgot that I tried to be smart with the version tag.... Probably not so smart.

I could use the old one if you want  ;D

Docker icons are stored in 2 places:  /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/images and /usr/local/emhttp/state/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/images

dockerMan's code for images is probably very similar to CA if you have local server caching of images enabled.  If the file exists, it doesn't try and redownload them.

@CHBMB

Where are the icons stored? Forgot that I tried to be smart with the version tag.... Probably not so smart.

Docker icons are stored in 2 places:  /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/images and /usr/local/emhttp/state/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/images

dockerMan's code for images is probably very similar to CA if you have local server caching of images enabled.  If the file exists, it doesn't try and redownload them.

I only found the first one...

It has been awhile since I did it, but I am pretty sure I just did it on my desktop (Mac), edited the document in TextEdit (or any document editor), copied it to a mapped volume and then cp'ed it to the final directory

I had lots of trouble using the pre-defined muxes so I made my own (for Tucson, AZ) using this method https://tvheadend.org/boards/4/topics/6063?r=6380.

Did you have to create a Linux VM in order to do this, or were you able to do it by bashing into the container?  I tried bashing in but couldn't find the hdhomerun_config file.

@CHBMB

I only found the first one...

I found the problem. It seems that dockerman can't handle tags when it comes to images. I built the container with the tag 4.0.5 and added it in the repository tag in the template as

tobbenb/tvheadend:4.0.5

What seems to me to be the problem is that dockerman adds latest tag to everything and treats tvheadend:4.0.5 as the name of the repository and tries to create the image file with : and fails as it's not allowed.

I changed the tag to latest on docker hub and it should now work again for the visual guys ;)

You might have to check for updates and then remove and add the container again. Be sure to NOT use the my-tvheadend4 template.

I know I should probably move this conversation over to TVheadend forums, but you guys have already been very helpful, and I hope to get this going soon.  I was finally able to get TVheadend working a proof of concept state.  That is, after doing the manual scan, I had to manually add the frequencies to the interface, as setting up a pre-defined muxes list wasn't being recognized by the web interface.  I then was able to map some of the channels and get them to play in Kodi, but I can't get Rewind to work. I was able to get Pause to work with the Timeshifting tab configuration, but I am unable to rewind, which is important enough that if it's not possible, I'm not going to keep messing with TVH. 

So, TLDR: Is rewinding and fast forwarding (from a pause buffer) with a HDHomerun Prime tuner supported?  If yes, does it work with Kodi?

Thanks for all of your help!