[Deprecated] tobbenb's Docker Template Repository - WebGrab+Plus

Du har rett mister :) Checked the log after first run:

WebGrab+Plus/w MDB & REX Postprocess -- version V1.56.12

Takker  ;D

I did not understand the part with creating a file called 'mycron', what extenstion does the file have? And do I place it in the config folder of webgrabplus or somewhere else? 

I am testing the automatic grabbing, but it didn't fire at the specified time in the 'mycron' file ( I restarted the container after edit).

Jeg har alltid rett ;)

There is no extensions on the mycron file. You just put it in the config folder of the docker and that should be it. On the next restart of the docker it should be added. Be sure to add this line to file and adjust the time accordingly.

02 02 * * * /wg++/update.sh

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm.. that is exactly what I have done. When I restart the webgrab-docker it runs webgrab instantly and fetches the EPG, but never hits the specified time after that.

Perhaps I need to wait til the next day? Is there a way to see a list of cron jobs?

Hmm.. It did work before and I don't think I changed anything.

You could run this in command line to check if mycron was loaded:

docker exec -it WebGrabPlusPlus crontab -u nobody -l

It should show something like this:

35 21 * * * /wg++/update.sh

I used SublimeText3, could it be permissions?  I can try via Windows and use Notepad++

It might be permissions. Try changing the owner to nobody:users

chown nobody:users mycron

I just tested it here, and it adds the cron entry, but it didn't run it at the time I specified.

I think I have to have a look at it again.

Ok, changed the permissions on the file, restarted the docker, still, does not pick up settings in the mycron file. Just shows the default one...

Removed the file, created it via telnet with nobody:users, still the same. Removed the file, created it with 'Krusader' still the same...

Thanks again.

Ok, changed the permissions on the file, restarted the docker, still, does not pick up settings in the mycron file. Just shows the default one...

Removed the file, created it via telnet with nobody:users, still the same. Removed the file, created it with 'Krusader' still the same...

Thanks again.

It's working here no matter what I do to the file. Could you send me your mycron file on email and I'll see if the same thing happens here? I'll PM you the email.

Also it might be time to remove the container completely and re-install it. Might be good to use a new config folder also just for testing the mycron problem.

The docker hub failed to build the container for some reason. I started the build again, so hopefully it works this time.

Still no luck. The docker update is not reporting a new version available.

It was built one day ago, so it should work. Try deleting the container and image and see if that makes any difference.

Ok, just for future reference: we need to add a blank line in the 'mycron' file after the settings :)

The file is now picked up and the trigger hits at the specified time :)

Thanks again!

Good that it's triggered also  :)

I'll add in the first post that there need to be a blank line in the end.

The docker hub failed to build the container for some reason. I started the build again, so hopefully it works this time.

Still no luck. The docker update is not reporting a new version available.

It was built one day ago, so it should work. Try deleting the container and image and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks saarg,

I deleted the old container and installed again.

It is working now.

Thank you once again for your work.

saarg,

Thanks and excellent work on incorporating xmltv; it makes my half-baked attempt no longer necessary to complete.  ;)

One question- any idea why it calls itself twice every time?  I thought it might have something to do with the cron, so I changed it to operate once daily at 15:15:00 just to see what happened, and it still runs twice, back-to-back.  Here is a sample log output of what happens every time it runs:

Jan 11 15:15:00 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: grab /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd
Jan 11 15:15:00 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Executing "/usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd"
Jan 11 15:15:01 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: using config filename /nonexistent/.xmltv/tv_grab_na_dd.conf
Jan 11 15:15:05 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Fetching from Schedules Direct Fetched 3480 k/bytes in 3 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:05 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: loading data
Jan 11 15:15:16 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: NOTE: Your subscription will expire:
Jan 11 15:15:16 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Writing schedule
Jan 11 15:15:20 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Downloaded 3557 programs in 19 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: grab took 22 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: parse took 0 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: channels tot= 16 new= 0 mod= 0
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: brands tot= 0 new= 0 mod= 0
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: seasons tot= 2997 new= 132 mod= 132
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: episodes tot= 3083 new= 459 mod= 459
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: broadcasts tot= 3083 new= 478 mod= 479
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: grab /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Executing "/usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd"
Jan 11 15:15:22 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: using config filename /nonexistent/.xmltv/tv_grab_na_dd.conf
Jan 11 15:15:24 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Fetching from Schedules Direct Fetched 3480 k/bytes in 2 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:24 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: loading data
Jan 11 15:15:35 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: NOTE: Your subscription will expire:
Jan 11 15:15:35 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Writing schedule
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Downloaded 3557 programs in 18 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: grab took 19 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: parse took 0 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: channels tot= 16 new= 0 mod= 0
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: brands tot= 0 new= 0 mod= 0
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: seasons tot= 2997 new= 0 mod= 0
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: episodes tot= 3083 new= 0 mod= 0
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: broadcasts tot= 3083 new= 0 mod= 0

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Rob

saarg,

Thanks and excellent work on incorporating xmltv; it makes my half-baked attempt no longer necessary to complete.  ;)

One question- any idea why it calls itself twice every time?  I thought it might have something to do with the cron, so I changed it to operate once daily at 15:15:00 just to see what happened, and it still runs twice, back-to-back.  Here is a sample log output of what happens every time it runs:

Jan 11 15:15:00 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: grab /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd
Jan 11 15:15:00 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Executing "/usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd"
Jan 11 15:15:01 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: using config filename /nonexistent/.xmltv/tv_grab_na_dd.conf
Jan 11 15:15:05 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Fetching from Schedules Direct Fetched 3480 k/bytes in 3 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:05 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: loading data
Jan 11 15:15:16 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: NOTE: Your subscription will expire:
Jan 11 15:15:16 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Writing schedule
Jan 11 15:15:20 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Downloaded 3557 programs in 19 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: grab took 22 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: parse took 0 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: channels tot= 16 new= 0 mod= 0
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: brands tot= 0 new= 0 mod= 0
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: seasons tot= 2997 new= 132 mod= 132
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: episodes tot= 3083 new= 459 mod= 459
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: broadcasts tot= 3083 new= 478 mod= 479
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: grab /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd
Jan 11 15:15:21 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Executing "/usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd"
Jan 11 15:15:22 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: using config filename /nonexistent/.xmltv/tv_grab_na_dd.conf
Jan 11 15:15:24 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Fetching from Schedules Direct Fetched 3480 k/bytes in 2 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:24 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: loading data
Jan 11 15:15:35 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: NOTE: Your subscription will expire:
Jan 11 15:15:35 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Writing schedule
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: spawn: Downloaded 3557 programs in 18 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: grab took 19 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: parse took 0 seconds
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: channels tot= 16 new= 0 mod= 0
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: brands tot= 0 new= 0 mod= 0
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: seasons tot= 2997 new= 0 mod= 0
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: episodes tot= 3083 new= 0 mod= 0
Jan 11 15:15:40 Tower tvheadend[18]: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: broadcasts tot= 3083 new= 0 mod= 0

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Rob

I just checked here and it doesn't run twice.

You have updated to the latest version?

I've had good results using the GT720 with the Openelec VM, except the dreaded audio and occasional video drop out..... 

The drop outs only seem to happen when streaming live or recorded TV from my TBS tuners (MPEG-2 format).  No dropouts when playing the shares from my server.

I have the addition of the "sound.conf" file and have tried all variations of options in the Kodi menu for refresh rates.

Having researched this, it seems common when trying to passthrough these file types to an AVR.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Any solution that I may be missing?

The dropouts from live or recorded TV is more likely the decoder not being able to handle small errors in the DVB stream. I don't think it's the GPU's fault.

This is a screenshot from the status page:

2z8aw78.png

Signal strength shows 100%, but the errors and overview change all of the time.  Sometimes all showing a signal strength, other times 'Unknown' for all.

Does this look normal Saarg?

It looks like there is a problem with your signal. You're not supposed to have that much errors. I would check all cables and connectors. Cheap twist on connectors and poor quality cables can do this.

It could also be a problem with the drivers. TBS cards have had a problem with continuity errors combined with tvheadend. I don't know how to fix that.

By unchecking the 'idle scan' and doing a re-install and setup of TVHeadend, I have managed to reduce the continuity errors significantly.  Some channels are fine with no drop outs and small continuity errors, others are still very hit and miss.

I have ordered new quality coax cables to rule out interference.  I'll change PCi-e slots and see if it makes any difference.

By unchecking the 'idle scan' and doing a re-install and setup of TVHeadend, I have managed to reduce the continuity errors significantly.  Some channels are fine with no drop outs and small continuity errors, others are still very hit and miss.

I have ordered new quality coax cables to rule out interference.  I'll change PCi-e slots and see if it makes any difference.

The idle scan is a good thing to disable on TBS cards and not really needed.

I'm not sure if you have any options when it comes to drivers? It's only the TBS media build that works or did the media build wizard make one of the open source driver also?

I'm not sure if you have any options when it comes to drivers? It's only the TBS media build that works or did the media build wizard make one of the open source driver also?

I didn't make a version for the opensource drivers as last time I tested them they did not work for my card the 6205....

But Monkeyair is a good mate, so I'll check the opensource versions and if they support the card now (Monkeyair has the same card as me) I'll more than happily knock a build out...

The TBS drivers were updated recently, so you could test 6.1.7 and 6.1.6 to see if there is a difference..

EDIT: Just checked there isn't support for our card and it looks like dev has stopped... no commits for quite a while.

I didn't make a version for the opensource drivers as last time I tested them they did not work for my card the 6205....

But Monkeyair is a good mate, so I'll check the opensource versions and if they support the card now (Monkeyair has the same card as me) I'll more than happily knock a build out...

The TBS drivers were updated recently, so you could test 6.1.7 and 6.1.6 to see if there is a difference..

EDIT: Just checked there isn't support for our card and it looks like dev has stopped... no commits for quite a while.

How is your card running? No continuity errors?

How is your card running? No continuity errors?

I get 2 when I first start a channel after that none...  No noticeable problems at all.  Only thing I've noticed is that despite all my attempts at trying to stop it via configuration it seems to incessantly find more and more services which appear to just be duplicates of existing channels.

Thanks for looking into it.  I think that I'll get the new cables installed and maybe get somebody out to fine tune the DVB antenna.

The shrine is still alive you know!  ;)