• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I actually did it!  :)

I have 2 containers for zap2xml perl script:

One is simply called zap2xml and is for users who need to scrape only one zipcode on zap2it.com.

The other is called zap2xml-2lineups.  This is for users (like me) who need to scrape guide data for 2 different zipcodes to cover all of their channels.  This requires 2 unique accounts/configurations on zap2it.com.  The resulting XMLs that are generated are merged into a single one at the end (guide.xml).

Docker Reporisitory Templates:  https://github.com/johnodon/unraid-templates

I tried to put as much instruction in the template as possible.  Be warned that I have not yet added the cron job to run the scrape every 12 or 24 hours.  In the meantime, just restart the zap2xml container every so often and your guide data will be refreshed.

Major props to Chis Pollard and saarg for helping me along!  With any luck saarg will be able to incorporate this directly into his TVH container.  :)

Please feel free to provide feedback or ask questions.

John

UPDATE:  Same changes were pushed to master zap2xml and new image has been built.  Both zap2xml and zap2xml-2lineups have been fully updated and built with the changes below.

Some updates made to the zap2xml-2lineups container and unraid template:

- Added cron job (editable in /config/) to run @ 11:30 and 23:30 daily

- Miscellaneous files cleanup

- unRAID template cleanup

Working on the master zap2xml now in dev and will update later.

Be sure you also refresh your unraid docker template repositories to get the updated templates.

John

It's Friday and I'm lazy ;D So... Why do we need two different versions for more than one line up?

We don't.  One version is for single lineup and one version is for 2 lineups.  :)

We don't.  One version is for single lineup and one version is for 2 lineups.  :)

My question didn't come out the way it was ment. Why do we need two containers? Isn't it possible to only have one container and just checking if there are more than one config file and then run the correct command?

Johnodon

Just wondering why you left mythtv for TVheadend?

Info here https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=46299.0

For me the main reasons were...

1.  Chanel change speeds.

2.  Ability to limit timeshift based on time/size.

3.  Lots of current development on the TVH side.

4.  Footprint is MUCH smaller for TVH.

5.  Ability to use zap2xml for guide data (no more SD sub).

6.  Dork note:  can see signal strength with TVH addon in Kodi (I am antenna).

I'll add more as I come up with them.

John

• 2 weeks later...

I made some changes in the templates for Tvheadend. There is only two templates for each version now. One without DVB pass through and one with that will pass through all DVB adapters available.

In Oscam I added PCSCD as a service so it's possible to use a PCSC card reader. See first post for more info on how to do it (like they do on the Discovery Channel  :P Sorry, couldn't resist ;D )

I made some changes in the templates for Tvheadend. There is only two templates for each version now. One without DVB pass through and one with that will pass through all DVB adapters available.

So basically, you told us all the wrong way to do it originally?  ;D

;)

We could have just used

--device=/dev/dvb/

instead of

--device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0  
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0    
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/net0    
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/net0

;)

We could have just used

--device=/dev/dvb/

instead of

--device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0  
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0    
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/net0    
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/net0

Hey! Careful now baldy  ;D

;)

We could have just used

--device=/dev/dvb/

instead of

Hey! Careful now baldy  ;D

[me=binhex]walks by with a smug grin on his face :-) :-)[/me]

I've been popping in, pre-unRAID, on the tvheadend project for years trying to get it to work every few months or when a new release would come out.  I've FINALLY gotten some forward motion while trying the 4.1 docker .  4.0.8 did nothing like the releases before.  Any plans to release 4.2? 4.1, while finding all of my services (FINALLY! WHOOOO!), still isn't as user friendly as I'd like it to be and I'm hopeful to see if 4.2 is any better.

I've been popping in, pre-unRAID, on the tvheadend project for years trying to get it to work every few months or when a new release would come out.  I've FINALLY gotten some forward motion while trying the 4.1 docker .  4.0.8 did nothing like the releases before.  Any plans to release 4.2? 4.1, while finding all of my services (FINALLY! WHOOOO!), still isn't as user friendly as I'd like it to be and I'm hopeful to see if 4.2 is any better.

When 4.2 is released I'll release it also  :)

Hi,

I have a little problem. Somehow i cant  get my smartcard reader to work with oscam.

After i plug it into the server my system log shows me the following:

Feb 24 13:08:20 media-server kernel: usb 1-6: new full-speed USB device number 12 using xhci_hcd
Feb 24 13:08:20 media-server kernel: ftdi_sio 1-6:1.0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected
Feb 24 13:08:20 media-server kernel: usb 1-6: Detected FT232BM
Feb 24 13:08:20 media-server kernel: ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: Unable to read latency timer: -32
Feb 24 13:08:20 media-server kernel: usb 1-6: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0

I added the following --device tag in Extra parameters:

--device=/dev/ttyUSB0

But when I run this command:

docker exec -it Oscam /usr/bin/pcsc_scan

I dont get any result.

Maybe there is some sort of mistake but i dont know where?

Any help is greatly appreciated