[Deprecated] tobbenb's Docker Template Repository - WebGrab+Plus

Did you already have stable installed?  Every time we've run across this issue, a reimage has always fixed it (and was a one time thing only), but to my knowledge all of the images we've had to delete were always from before some changes took place at dockerHub.  I also don't believe that I've seen this on anything other than 6.1

Well my recollection will not be the best since I was dealing with the various issues related to "my server clearly hates me in XXX ways" (you joined one of those threads, it was clearly a great time!)  :-X .

That issue is now fixed, and I'm in good shape (memory, also don't believe Memtest exclusively, 6 successful passes and I still had my issue).

In testing I rolled back to 6.1.9, which in turn lead to not having any Docker containers listed, or (I believe) the Docker.img usable.

So delete image, create new, all is well.

My issue that I was testing for (not related to this; was memory related) persisted, so I went back to 6.2RC3, updated my containers (since this is needed), and here I am.

So the current Docker.img was created in 6.1.9, so if that is the likely culprit, my hands are red.  ;D

Will only take ~5 minutes to start new, but the other 1/2 is watching Tv (through this very Docker), so it'll have to wait.

Thanks for the help!

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the current Docker.img was created in 6.1.9, so if that is the likely culprit, my hands are red.  ;D

Probably what it was.  Like I stated in that FAQ entry, I had a theory as to what's happening, but since I can't replicate it, its only a theory.  And even then the solution remains the same.  Nuke it.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just installed the tvheadend unstable DVB-Tuners version  , but the Cas tab is missing so I cannot connect to oscam

In the stable version is the tab  available

You have to enable minimum advanced view in the general tab for it to show.

The tvheadend container here is deprecated as of now. You can instead use the linuxserver.io tvheadend container and just point it to your appdata folder.

You might have to redo your xmltv config in both tvheadend and xmltv config file.

Go here for info about the new version.

If you wonder why I'm not going to update my tvheadend container anymore, the reason is that the guys at Linuxserver.io kidnapped me and forced me into joining them....  ;D

If you wonder why I'm not going to update my tvheadend container anymore, the reason is that the guys at Linuxserver.io kidnapped me and forced me into joining them....  ;D

sounds not too bad  ;)

well, well, then there's maybe a new chance of having a combined TVHeadend + OScam container  8)

and for all who ask: less hassle setting up 2 containers, easy config of both, use of DVBapi on same docker = lot less network packets traveling from container to container and wasting cpu cycles/network stack/memory.

sounds not too bad  ;)

well, well, then there's maybe a new chance of having a combined TVHeadend + OScam container  8)

and for all who ask: less hassle setting up 2 containers, easy config of both, use of DVBapi on same docker = lot less network packets traveling from container to container and wasting cpu cycles/network stack/memory.

I know nothing about Oscam, but I can say that we've spoken about "combined" containers a fair bit and we're not fans, it's twice as much stuff to go wrong, more difficult to maintain and doesn't fit with the do one thing, do it well philosophy, that's our general view, saarg will know more than me about what exactly is the state of oscam but thought I'd mention our general stance.

sounds not too bad  ;)

I know nothing about Oscam, but I can say that we've spoken about "combined" containers a fair bit and we're not fans, it's twice as much stuff to go wrong, more difficult to maintain and doesn't fit with the do one thing, do it well philosophy, that's our general view, saarg will know more than me about what exactly is the state of oscam but thought I'd mention our general stance.

I couldn't have said it better.

There will not be a combined container for tvheadend and oscam. The containers are so small now that there isn't any space to save by doing it in one. Another reason is that the traffic is so little between the containers that you will not notice any difference. Third, why should other users suffer from running oscam if they don't need it.

If you want it in one, you could learn how to make containers and build one yourself  :)

hihi – funny, i knew what you guys would say about it.  ;D

ah well, OScam is just a few hundert KB "big". last time i installed it as docker (thx. saarg) it pulled several hundert MB, which still takes a bit.

but hey, i see your point as well. go your way of doing things, but sometimes it's also not wrong to listen (a bit) to the user base.

(a raw guess) 8 or 9 out of 10 probably need OScam anyway (and i read quite a few posts about people having difficulties getting it running in combination with TVH docker; myself included and i knew OScam well from other platforms). it's this pretty tiny binary which get's started, reads it's config and runs (normally) – now we need a relatively big docker for it. but, i don't complain, i'm just giving some thoughts about this special edge case, where it would make big sense. and… because of ~500 kB (i think) nobody would complain getting it bundled together. maybe a simple extra parameter with a de-active clause would solve the situation for people who don't need it.

my personal experience (just 1,5 weeks ago) was, that something went wrong over night with the OScam docker, and TVH couldn't record a bunch of episodes. my guess is, that the networking between TVH/OScam docker went south. can't use the newcamd protocol, because my card doesn't receive updates – and i tried a hell lot of stuff/settings. so it would be a natural fit here and that's the reason i'm so advocate about it.

and the, i still value your work here and i'm happy to see such good guys working on such nice stuff (we users) can use – thx. for that, it's really appreciated.

(and on macs i could be of a much better helping hand than on linux)

hihi – funny, i knew what you guys would say about it.  ;D

ah well, OScam is just a few hundert KB "big". last time i installed it as docker (thx. saarg) it pulled several hundert MB, which still takes a bit.

but hey, i see your point as well. go your way of doing things, but sometimes it's also not wrong to listen (a bit) to the user base.

(a raw guess) 8 or 9 out of 10 probably need OScam anyway (and i read quite a few posts about people having difficulties getting it running in combination with TVH docker; myself included and i knew OScam well from other platforms). it's this pretty tiny binary which get's started, reads it's config and runs (normally) – now we need a relatively big docker for it. but, i don't complain, i'm just giving some thoughts about this special edge case, where it would make big sense. and… because of ~500 kB (i think) nobody would complain getting it bundled together. maybe a simple extra parameter with a de-active clause would solve the situation for people who don't need it.

my personal experience (just 1,5 weeks ago) was, that something went wrong over night with the OScam docker, and TVH couldn't record a bunch of episodes. my guess is, that the networking between TVH/OScam docker went south. can't use the newcamd protocol, because my card doesn't receive updates – and i tried a hell lot of stuff/settings. so it would be a natural fit here and that's the reason i'm so advocate about it.

and the, i still value your work here and i'm happy to see such good guys working on such nice stuff (we users) can use – thx. for that, it's really appreciated.

(and on macs i could be of a much better helping hand than on linux)

"(a raw guess) 8 or 9 out of 10"

^^ aka doesn't know but throws out a big number to "reinforce" your case...

linuxserver/oscam  latest              22cf967df0c8        3 seconds ago      23.98 MB

linuxserver/oscam  latest              22cf967df0c8        3 seconds ago      23.98 MB

from the oscam trunk download page it lists v11273 as 567,03 kB as compressed tar and 601 kB as decompressed/compiled binary (admitted this can/will change for different platforms and/or compiling options – it was only meant as reference value).

then on the other hand, all people i know, need to use it – that makes my personal counting at least to stand correct.

anyway, i hope i did not step on anybody's feet – wasn't meant like that (english is not my mother language). and i would be sorry, if i did.

from the oscam trunk download page it lists v11273 as 567,03 kB as compressed tar and 601 kB as decompressed/compiled binary (admitted this can/will change for different platforms and/or compiling options – it was only meant as reference value).

then on the other hand, all people i know, need to use it – that makes my personal counting at least to stand correct.

anyway, i hope i did not step on anybody's feet – wasn't meant like that (english is not my mother language). and i would be sorry, if i did.

Don't worry, nobody's feet have been stepped on.  Like I've said we've done a fair few containers before that are combined and for a number of reasons we've decided against continuing with that philosophy.  So if we do an oscam container then it will be separate, the download size clearly isn't an issue, and 23MB may equate to an even smaller space on your docker.img as layers may be shared with other containers.  If in the future it became obvious that a combined approach was the way forward then we can always reconsider.

Perspective skews numbers, I am pretty involved with DVB stuff on Unraid and I have no idea what oscam is or does, and know nobody who uses it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

Is it posible to upgrade WebGreb+PLUs , i'am getting the following error

Job started at 21/09/2016 09:46:47
Incompatible version of /config/rtl.nl.ini

SW V1.56.12 should be >= SiteIni V1.56.25:
Upgrade your WebGrab+Plus version to V1.56.25 or higher!! @http://www.webgrabplus.com/download

I'll see if I manage to update it in the near future.

thank you!! mayby you can heb me with te following error :

2016-09-21 10:07:02.000 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg: grab /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg
2016-09-21 10:07:02.001 spawn: Executing "/usr/bin/tv_grab_wg"
2016-09-21 10:07:02.016 spawn: cat: can't open '/config/data/*.xml': No such file or directory

The guide.xml is in the following directory :

/mnt/cache/appdata/tvheadend/config/data/guide.xml

I'll see if I manage to update it in the near future.

thank you!! mayby you can heb me with te following error :

2016-09-21 10:07:02.000 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg: grab /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg
2016-09-21 10:07:02.001 spawn: Executing "/usr/bin/tv_grab_wg"
2016-09-21 10:07:02.016 spawn: cat: can't open '/config/data/*.xml': No such file or directory

The guide.xml is in the following directory :

/mnt/cache/appdata/tvheadend/config/data/guide.xml

I see that you have modified the location of the xml. That is not how I set it up.

You have modified the tv_grab_wg file and it looks like the path is correct. But you have used the * or it says guide.xml in the file? If it says *, exchange it to guide.xml and try again.

HI ,

I did not change the location in  the WebGrabPlusPlus++.config.xml

<settings>
  <!-- filename      
The path (required) + filename where the epgguide xml file is /will be located. It must include drive and folder. Like C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\guide.xml
If the file already exist (from last run or from another xmltv source) it will read it and use what fits the requested output. In that case the file will be updated. If no such file exist it will be created.
Change the following to your own needs  :
-->
<filename>/data/guide.xml</filename>

I can’t find out what I am doing wrong :-[

You are not using "my" version of tvheadend, but  linuxserver's version, so it's now a little bit clearer.

Change the data mapping of webgrab++ to the same as the tvheadend config but add data at the end. For you it will be like this:

/mnt/cache/appdata/tvheadend/data

output is  :

drwxrwxrwx  2 nobody users     23 Sep 22 13:04 ./
drwxrwxrwx 13 nobody users    194 Sep 22 09:40 ../
-rw-r--r--  1 nobody users 166632 Sep 22 13:04 guide.xml

I found the problem. It's the * in tv_grab_wg in the xml file path. It works when doing cat as a standalone command, but fails in the script. I'll push an update soon to fix it in the tvheadend version (Linuxserver).

output is  :

I found the problem. It's the * in tv_grab_wg in the xml file path. It works when doing cat as a standalone command, but fails in the script. I'll push an update soon to fix it in the tvheadend version (Linuxserver)

Thanks!!

output is  :

I found the problem. It's the * in tv_grab_wg in the xml file path. It works when doing cat as a standalone command, but fails in the script. I'll push an update soon to fix it in the tvheadend version (Linuxserver)

Thanks!!

Hi Saarg, the update is working thank you for the support!!