[Deprecated] tobbenb's Docker Template Repository - WebGrab+Plus

I can't wait to give this a shot with my HDHomerun Prime. I've been using a separate box for mythtv forever now. Thanks very much for this  :)  I have a question though. Is it possible to use a dedicated "out of the array" disk to pass for this container to store recordings? I would think storing to the array would be painfully slow.

I think you can achieve this using the snap plugin made by dlandon available here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31594.0

I do not use a parity drive so I record to the array.

May I ask why you don't use parity? That seems very scary to me. :)

[/matter

I do not have any important data on my array, it is mostly movies, music and recordings. Movies I can just rip again, music I have backed up and recordings doesn't matter :)

I'll probably install a parity drive some time in the future if I find a good offer on a 6TB drive though. I also have to sort out some issue I have with my sas2lp-mv8.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't seen any problems with high memory use when I tested the docker, but I'll check it out.

I haven't moved my oscam from my VM to docker yet as I had some problem getting a pcsc reader to work in docker. I'll see if I can get my sat dish and card up running again to stress test it here and see if I get the same problem.

I know that it doesn't show the build number, but that is a problem of the ppa of oscam. I haven't had the time to convert the container to use git yet. I have no idea when I get the time though.

If you want your own version you will have to build your own container or access the container you have and modify it. If you want to try a newer version you can do an apt update/upgrade inside the container.

Hi saarg,

Just to report:

OScam version inside the container was suffering severe memory leakage. In 12 hours it was using all of the memory of the server with just 6 peers in cache-exchange, 4 local cards and 20 cccam exchange.

I followed your advice and updated oscam inside the container to the latest version r10647 (as of today).

No more memory leakage and the oscam is performing as it should.

Additionally now oscam is reporting it's version in the web interface unlike the initial svn version from the container.

Best regards.

Alexandro

I haven't seen any problems with high memory use when I tested the docker, but I'll check it out.

I haven't moved my oscam from my VM to docker yet as I had some problem getting a pcsc reader to work in docker. I'll see if I can get my sat dish and card up running again to stress test it here and see if I get the same problem.

I know that it doesn't show the build number, but that is a problem of the ppa of oscam. I haven't had the time to convert the container to use git yet. I have no idea when I get the time though.

If you want your own version you will have to build your own container or access the container you have and modify it. If you want to try a newer version you can do an apt update/upgrade inside the container.

Hi saarg,

Just to report:

OScam version inside the container was suffering severe memory leakage. In 12 hours it was using all of the memory of the server with just 6 peers in cache-exchange, 4 local cards and 20 cccam exchange.

I followed your advice and updated oscam inside the container to the latest version r10647 (as of today).

No more memory leakage and the oscam is performing as it should.

Additionally now oscam is reporting it's version in the web interface unlike the initial svn version from the container.

Best regards.

Alexandro

I'm working on a new oscam container that will have a compiled version instead of from a ppa. Hopefully some time next week it will be available.

Great news.

Thank you in advance.

I created an Oscam-test container if you want to try it :)

Go to the docker page and push the "check for update" button. After that you should have a tobbenb-beta section in the templates. I think it is version 10644 of oscam.

Looking at the approved app list tvheadend is listed, so it should work. I have no idea how though.

Do you get a XML file from them or do you have to grab it yourself?

Webgrab+plus was also listed so I guess you can use that to grab the data if you're not able to download a file.

Looking at the approved app list tvheadend is listed, so it should work. I have no idea how though.

Webgrab+plus was also listed so I guess you can use that to grab the data if you're not able to download a file.

I have never used Tvheadend before.  I am using mythtv now and it has it builtin to grab the tv guide by entering my Schedules Direct user name and password and time when to grab. Was wanting to test TVheadend and that Webgrab+plus looks like a pain to get setup.

Thanks

Looking at TVheadend internal grabbers and it only shows one for WebGrab+Plus. I am guessing something is missing as it should have one for Schedules Direct?

Looking at TVheadend internal grabbers and it only shows one for WebGrab+Plus. I am guessing something is missing as it should have one for Schedules Direct?

I have to add the xmltv package before it shows in tvheadend. The problem is that it has to be in a specific folder for tvheadend to see it. I have to see if its doable somehow. You also have to get into the docker to configure the xmltv script. It will get lost every time the container is updated.

I have to add the xmltv package before it shows in tvheadend. The problem is that it has to be in a specific folder for tvheadend to see it. I have to see if its doable somehow. You also have to get into the docker to configure the xmltv script. It will get lost every time the container is updated.

Yeah I was doing some reading and I see that as well. If I can help test let me know. Thanks again.

JM

Hi

Im trying to get this stable release working with my Digital Devices DVB-S and a DVBSky T9580.  I have installed Unraid 6 14b with the generic media tree.

When I run TVHeadend I see no devices.  Can somebody help me to get this working please?

Cheers

You have to change to advanced view after you choose to edit the tvheadend container. Then you have to fill in the -- device= tag as explained in the first post. Remember that you do NOT add it before the repository, but in the extra parameters field. I haven't had time to update the first post.

I'll add it when I have some time in the weekend  :)

Can you fork mine and fix those too?  ;)

can someone write overviews for mine ?

i've done the support tags, lol.

Sorry, my schedule is full. Just promised to do pinions next year  ;D I might have an opening around Christmas 2017, though  :P

Ok, Im making progress!

I have managed to get TVHeadend to pick up 1 of my 4 Digital Devices tuners with the following in the extra parameters box:

--device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0

--device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0

adapter 0 -3 are the Digital Devices tuners.

I have tried different configurations to add the other 3 in the parameters box, but no joy so far.

When i use cmd ls -la /dev/dvb/ The DVBSky T9580 shows "-" and "--" next to the adapters.  Does this mean that I'm missing the drivers?

Any further help would be great.

Thanks again