[Deprecated] tobbenb's Docker Template Repository - WebGrab+Plus

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or maybe not as soon as I thought.......

I've reinstalled unraid on the usb drivand added the media tree for beta 15.  Then updated the plugins with saved setup info.

when i run ls -la /dev/dvb i get

cannot access /dev/dvb: No such file or directory

Apart from a completely fresh reinstall and reconfigure (reconfigure TVheadend  :'() I'm running out of ideas.

No DVB inputs detected by the way......

What's in your go file?

great minds.....

You just beat me to it.  I have discovered that the changes deleted the info from my go file.

I'm trying your RC2 build again now armed with that info :)

Although I use the docker to provide my TVHeadEnd install I use this plugin that was posted on the other thread to check for the presence of media build and drivers.

Once you install the plugin in the menu - no need to start the TVHeadEnd plugin or even install but under settings on the Unraid menu it shows whether media build and drivers are installed.  A picture is worth a thousand words.... It's useful for working out what might be wrong.

VVBToeT.jpg

That's a great tip. Cheers

What a strange few hours that GO file has caused me!  You will be pleased to know that the new build is working fine.  TV chanels switch quickly. Recorded TV FF just fine.

The other strange thing was the mindlna docker.  It just wont have two /media files under the new build. When I deleted one media source it works just fine.  Strange, but I can live with just the one for now.

Thanks for the work compiling the new build  ;)

That's a great tip. Cheers

What a strange few hours that GO file has caused me!  You will be pleased to know that the new build is working fine.  TV chanels switch quickly. Recorded TV FF just fine.

The other strange thing was the mindlna docker.  It just wont have two /media files under the new build. When I deleted one media source it works just fine.  Strange, but I can live with just the one for now.

Thanks for the work compiling the new build  ;)

I can't explain the minDLNA problem, dockers are self contained so not sure what's going on there.  I'm still trying to compile RC2 for my own use with TBS drivers so I'll take a look at menu config and see if there is any DLNA stuff which might be interfering.  Glad we got you sorted.

Good to hear you  sorted it out Monkeyair!

Nice job with the media build CHBMB  :)

I just triggered a build of a new tvheadend version. We are now at 4.1.4  :D

I also added ffmpeg binary to /usr/bin for the ones that wants to use pipe:// inside the container. Don't remember which version it is, but not the most recent as I built it around Easter I think...

I'll try to update the tvheadend version a little bit faster in the future.

I also added ffmpeg binary to /usr/bin for the ones that wants to use pipe:// inside the container. Don't remember which version it is, but not the most recent as I built it around Easter I think...

Yeah, media build is easy now, adding TBS drivers - not so, spent pretty much all day on it, without any success!  :P

Yeah, media build is easy now, adding TBS drivers - not so, spent pretty much all day on it, without any success!  :P

At least you don't sit around being bored all day ;)

Where does it stop with the TBS drivers now? Still at adding the build modules?

Does anyone have some helpful steps to get the EPG working?

I was using tv_grab_file and that was working great, can't get my head around this Web++ thing at all...

You can still use tv_grab_file with the docker if you already have an EPG file. You only have to name it guide.xml.

I was using tv_grab_file and that was working great, can't get my head around this Web++ thing at all...

You can still use tv_grab_file with the docker if you already have an EPG file. You only have to name it guide.xml.

Oh, peachy, I'll try that :)

EDIT:

Well, not so much. I used my channels.xml (from SchedulesDirect) and I copied it to where the "guide.xml" was located. I renamed it guide.xml and re-loaded the EPG Grabber and saw this:

2015-05-21 16:46:34.764 spawn: Executing "/usr/bin/tv_grab_wg"
2015-05-21 16:46:35.127 /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg: grab took 1 seconds
2015-05-21 16:46:35.293 /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg: parse took 0 seconds
2015-05-21 16:46:35.293 /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg:   channels   tot=   56 new=   56 mod=   56
2015-05-21 16:46:35.293 /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg:   brands     tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0
2015-05-21 16:46:35.293 /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg:   seasons    tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0
2015-05-21 16:46:35.293 /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg:   episodes   tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0
2015-05-21 16:46:35.293 /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg:   broadcasts tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0

So it's not looking like it worked

Oh, peachy, I'll try that :)

EDIT:

Well, not so much. I used my channels.xml (from SchedulesDirect) and I copied it to where the "guide.xml" was located. I renamed it guide.xml and re-loaded the EPG Grabber and saw this:

2015-05-21 16:46:34.764 spawn: Executing "/usr/bin/tv_grab_wg"
2015-05-21 16:46:35.127 /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg: grab took 1 seconds
2015-05-21 16:46:35.293 /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg: parse took 0 seconds
2015-05-21 16:46:35.293 /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg:   channels   tot=   56 new=   56 mod=   56
2015-05-21 16:46:35.293 /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg:   brands     tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0
2015-05-21 16:46:35.293 /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg:   seasons    tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0
2015-05-21 16:46:35.293 /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg:   episodes   tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0
2015-05-21 16:46:35.293 /usr/bin/tv_grab_wg:   broadcasts tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0

So it's not looking like it worked

This is my bad... I was looking at my tvheadend VM when I checked which grabber is used. In the docker it's tv_grab_wg.

I will add the tv_grab_file to the next update of the container. Hopefully in the weekend. Could you send me the xml file so I can test that it works before releasing? I'll PM you my email address.

This is my bad... I was looking at my tvheadend VM when I checked which grabber is used. In the docker it's tv_grab_wg.

I will add the tv_grab_file to the next update of the container. Hopefully in the weekend. Could you send me the xml file so I can test that it works before releasing? I'll PM you my email address.

Sure thing! it was created via tv_grab_na_dd and xmltv.

Can anyone shed some light on a problem with recorded TV?

I have been unable to record anything to my recorded TV location.  It is set up correctly as far as I know and I have an amended GO file.  All tuners work fine through KODI, but have caused problems when trying to record programs.

I can access previously recorded media on the HDD and play it, which suggests the locations are set correctly.

Having done some problem solving, I think that its linked to the playback through TVHeadend.  When I play a channel through the GUI with the profile set to pass, it initially starts to play and then freezes.  If I hit the play button in WMP it then plays just fine.  With the profile set to HTSP, channels will not play in the GUI.  If I try to record a program through the GUI, it goes through the motions and shows recording.  However, when checking the info it tells me that its waiting for the stream.

My stream profile is set as pass by default.

My access entries are set as default to allow all access.

I have tried other TVheadend builds and found the same problem.  I am running RC3.

Any ideas? 

Can anyone shed some light on a problem with recorded TV?

I have been unable to record anything to my recorded TV location.  It is set up correctly as far as I know and I have an amended GO file.  All tuners work fine through KODI, but have caused problems when trying to record programs.

I can access previously recorded media on the HDD and play it, which suggests the locations are set correctly.

Having done some problem solving, I think that its linked to the playback through TVHeadend.  When I play a channel through the GUI with the profile set to pass, it initially starts to play and then freezes.  If I hit the play button in WMP it then plays just fine.  With the profile set to HTSP, channels will not play in the GUI.  If I try to record a program through the GUI, it goes through the motions and shows recording.  However, when checking the info it tells me that its waiting for the stream.

My stream profile is set as pass by default.

My access entries are set as default to allow all access.

I have tried other TVheadend builds and found the same problem.  I am running RC3.

Any ideas?

Is your recordings folder set to cache only?  Just wondering if the mover script is transferring stuff to the array and that's causing an issue.  Sent you a PM to explain things a bit better, I think this may be the same problem tophicles was having so I'm keen to get to the bottom although I can't reproduce it (Am still on beta 15) Do the logs shed any light?

I tried to grab the file on a test build here, but the same thing happens. It finds 56 channels but nothing else. I guess they must have changed something in tvheadend. I'll see if I can find a solution for the problem.

Edit: I tried to use my own working guide.xml from webgrab+plus and it's the same problem, so it's something with tvheadend.

I tried to grab the file on a test build here, but the same thing happens. It finds 56 channels but nothing else. I guess they must have changed something in tvheadend. I'll see if I can find a solution for the problem.

Edit: I tried to use my own working guide.xml from webgrab+plus and it's the same problem, so it's something with tvheadend.

You xml file is working fine here. I rushed a little bit when I tested it yesterday and have found what is your problem.

From your log it shows that it finds 56 channels when the xml file is imported. After that you have to go into Configuration --> Channel/EPG --> Channels and choose the EPG source for all the channels. After that it should import the epg after you disable/enable epg grabbing or restart the container.

Edit: You can use thr tv_grab_wg to import the epg.

I just noticed on both the Community Repositories plugin (and the Community Apps plg) that you've got 5 different TV Headend Unstable templates.  It would probably be a good idea to update the Description & Overview lines to let users know what the difference is, since under both those plugins you can only see which template you are loading by looking at the URL in the title bar.