[Deprecated] tobbenb's Docker Template Repository - WebGrab+Plus

I just noticed on both the Community Repositories plugin (and the Community Apps plg) that you've got 5 different TV Headend Unstable templates.  It would probably be a good idea to update the Description & Overview lines to let users know what the difference is, since under both those plugins you can only see which template you are loading by looking at the URL in the title bar.

There is actually a difference, each has a slightly different environment variable to passthrough either 0,1,2,3 or 4 DVB tuner cards

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just noticed on both the Community Repositories plugin (and the Community Apps plg) that you've got 5 different TV Headend Unstable templates.  It would probably be a good idea to update the Description & Overview lines to let users know what the difference is, since under both those plugins you can only see which template you are loading by looking at the URL in the title bar.

There is actually a difference, each has a slightly different environment variable to passthrough either 0,1,2,3 or 4 DVB tuner cards

I figured there was a difference.  But you can't tell using those plugins (since the name of the XML file is hidden from the user)  You can only easily see the difference by using the repositories tab and the add container button.  Hence why it should be in the description / overview

I figured there was a difference.  But you can't tell using those plugins (since the name of the XML file is hidden from the user)  You can only easily see the difference by using the repositories tab and the add container button.  Hence why it should be in the description / overview

I do not have the plugin installed, so didn't know it's not using the xml name as in the dockerman.

Fixed it now.

I do not have the plugin installed, so didn't know it's not using the xml name as in the dockerman.

Fixed it now.

saarg, i think it's the overview that shows in the plugin not the description.

Fixed it now.

saarg, i think it's the overview that shows in the plugin not the description.

Yes if the <Overview> tag is present, the plgs show it and not the description.  But with him changing the name of the plugin it also suffices for me.  I was more worried about the confusion that would result.  Here's the original output from the repositories thread:

tobbenb's Repository https://github.com/tobbenb/docker-containers/tree/templates
width=30http://i.imgur.com/zrCJxzX.png[/img] WebGrabPlusPlus WebGrab+Plus is a multi-site incremental xmltv epg grabber. It collects tv-program guide data from selected tvguide sites for your favourite channels.<br>

Optional postprocessors to add IMDb data or to customize your xmltv listing.<br>

http://www.webgrabplus.com/<br>

Support
width=30http://i.imgur.com/BOM9PHj.png[/img] Tvheadend-Unstable This is the unstable branch of Tvheadend and is now at version 3.9.2345~gf5c8e4c.<br>

Tvheadend is a TV streaming server for Linux supporting DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T, ATSC, IPTV, SAT>IP and HDHomeRun as input sources.<br>

The Analog video (V4L) is supported directly up to version 3.4.<br>

In recent version, the pipe:// source (in IPTV network) might be used to obtain the MPEG-TS stream generated by ffmpeg/libav from a V4L device.

Support
width=30http://i.imgur.com/BOM9PHj.png[/img] Tvheadend-Unstable This is the unstable branch of Tvheadend and is now at version 3.9.2345~gf5c8e4c.<br>

Tvheadend is a TV streaming server for Linux supporting DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T, ATSC, IPTV, SAT>IP and HDHomeRun as input sources.<br>

In recent version, the pipe:// source (in IPTV network) might be used to obtain the MPEG-TS stream generated by ffmpeg/libav from a V4L device.

Support

Support

Support

Support
width=30http://i.imgur.com/BOM9PHj.png[/img] Tvheadend-Stable This is the stable branch of Tvheadend installed from the Tvheadend apt-repository. Version: 3.4.28~geb79aee

Tvheadend is a TV streaming server for Linux supporting DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T, ATSC, IPTV, SAT>IP and HDHomeRun as input sources.

The Analog video (V4L) is supported directly up to version 3.4.

Support
width=30 8LadrLg.png?1 [/img] Oscam Oscam is a card server and client for decoding DVB streams over DVB-S, DVB-C, DVB-T or IPTV using a subscription card. Support
width=30 8LadrLg.png?1 [/img] Oscam-test This is a test build with my own compiled oscam binary with support for libusb and pcsc<br>

Oscam is a card server and client for decoding DVB streams over DVB-S, DVB-C, DVB-T or IPTV using a subscription card.

Support

and this is how it now look's with Saarg's modifications.  Ideally the overview should be updated, but I can live with it just the name changes.

tobbenb's Repository https://github.com/tobbenb/docker-containers/tree/templates

width=30http://i.imgur.com/zrCJxzX.png[/img] WebGrabPlusPlus WebGrab+Plus is a multi-site incremental xmltv epg grabber. It collects tv-program guide data from selected tvguide sites for your favourite channels.<br>

Optional postprocessors to add IMDb data or to customize your xmltv listing.<br>

http://www.webgrabplus.com/<br>

Support

Support
width=30http://i.imgur.com/BOM9PHj.png[/img] Tvheadend-Unstable-4-DVB-Tuner This is the unstable branch of Tvheadend and is now at version 3.9.2345~gf5c8e4c.<br>

Support
width=30http://i.imgur.com/BOM9PHj.png[/img] Tvheadend-Unstable-3-DVB-Tuner This is the unstable branch of Tvheadend and is now at version 3.9.2345~gf5c8e4c.<br>

Support
width=30http://i.imgur.com/BOM9PHj.png[/img] Tvheadend-Unstable-2-DVB-Tuner This is the unstable branch of Tvheadend and is now at version 3.9.2345~gf5c8e4c.<br>

Support
width=30http://i.imgur.com/BOM9PHj.png[/img] Tvheadend-Unstable-1-DVB-Tuner This is the unstable branch of Tvheadend and is now at version 3.9.2345~gf5c8e4c.<br>

Support
width=30http://i.imgur.com/BOM9PHj.png[/img] Tvheadend-Stable This is the stable branch of Tvheadend installed from the Tvheadend apt-repository. Version: 3.4.28~geb79aee

Tvheadend is a TV streaming server for Linux supporting DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T, ATSC, IPTV, SAT>IP and HDHomeRun as input sources.

The Analog video (V4L) is supported directly up to version 3.4.

Support
width=30 8LadrLg.png?1 [/img] Oscam Oscam is a card server and client for decoding DVB streams over DVB-S, DVB-C, DVB-T or IPTV using a subscription card. Support
width=30 8LadrLg.png?1 [/img] Oscam-test This is a test build with my own compiled oscam binary with support for libusb and pcsc<br>

Oscam is a card server and client for decoding DVB streams over DVB-S, DVB-C, DVB-T or IPTV using a subscription card.

Support

Perfect.  Thanks.

Well.. I didn't add the name to the description/overview. Just modified the name tag.

Edit: And saw now that it was enough  :)

I'll change the overview also, as I only added the description in the description tag  ;)

Perfect.  Thanks.

Well.. I didn't add the name to the description/overview. Just modified the name tag.

Edit: And saw now that it was enough  :)

I'll change the overview also, as I only added the description in the description tag  ;)

Overviews are basically the same as the description, but usually with no actual instructions.  But its not a really big deal.  It just makes for a nicer display.

Though I've previously configured tvheadend with success in Ubuntu, I'm having trouble configuring this unraid/docker/tvheadend version. Specifically, I can't get recordings from Kodi to work. Recordings from tvh's GUI work as does timeshift. And everything else works (wg++ integration, viewing of Live TV, watching programs recorded from the GUI, etc.)

When I try to record in Kodi, I see several toasts fly by ... "recording scheduled", "recording started", "recording deleted". But no recording actually happens.  The system log in tvheadend says:

2015-05-24 22:08:37.853 dvr: entry c67a6bb48f7053ed65e7d37c8bfcc7c2 "The National *" on "CBC" starting at 2015-05-24 21:59:30, scheduled for recording by ""
2015-05-24 22:08:37.855 dvr: "The National *" on "CBC" recorder starting
2015-05-24 22:08:37.855 dvr: unable to find access (owner '(null)', creator '(null)')

Here's my default recording profile:

{
"enabled": true,
"name": "",
"profile": "406ff88c8b2fac02963d79dba01a6486",
"cache": 2,
"retention-days": 31,
"pre-extra-time": 0,
"post-extra-time": 0,
"epg-update-window": 86400,
"storage": "/recordings",
"file-permissions": "0664",
"charset": "ASCII",
"tag-files": true,
"skip-commercials": true,
"pathname": "$t$n.$x",
"directory-permissions": "0775",
"day-dir": false,
"channel-dir": false,
"title-dir": false,
"channel-in-title": false,
"date-in-title": false,
"time-in-title": false,
"episode-in-title": false,
"subtitle-in-title": false,
"omit-title": false,
"clean-title": false,
"whitespace-in-title": false,
"windows-compatible-filenames": false
}

Here's my Access Entries:

{
"index": 1,
"enabled": true,
"username": "*",
"password2": "VFZIZWFkZW5kLUhpZGUtKg==",
"prefix": "0.0.0.0/0,::/0",
"streaming": true,
"adv_streaming": true,
"htsp_streaming": true,
"profile": "",
"dvr": true,
"htsp_dvr": true,
"all_dvr": true,
"all_rw_dvr": true,
"failed_dvr": true,
"dvr_config": "",
"webui": true,
"admin": true,
"conn_limit": 0,
"channel_min": 0,
"channel_max": 0,
"channel_tag": "",
"comment": "Default access entry"
}

And lastly, I've attached an image of the docker configuration.

I'm thinking it's a permission issue, but can't figure out which change would resolve it. Any help would be appreciated.

tvh_docker_config.jpg.b04fa6036b92c949ba9d9123b620c671.jpg

I see that you have not configured a user yet, as you are using the default. You should make one admin account and then create a user for kodi.

After you create the users, you should delete the * user. But make sure you have access with the created users first  :)

I see that you have not configured a user yet, as you are using the default. You should make one admin account and then create a user for kodi.

After you create the users, you should delete the * user. But make sure you have access with the created users first  :)

I'll have to do that as well then.  Just left everything blank and can stream fine but haven't tried to playback any recordings yet.

Hello folks.

I've just started testing v6rc3.

I'm interested in tvheaden, etc. , as I have two hdhomerun devices on my LAN for ota reception. 

I will/need to read your instructions carefully - but just to be clear from the start, is this requiring the change of unraid core system (bzroot etc.)?

I really prefer to load this in a vm, and not mess up with Unraid main source.

Thank you.

hg

Hello folks.

I've just started testing v6rc3.

I'm interested in tvheaden, etc. , as I have two hdhomerun devices on my LAN for ota reception. 

I will/need to read your instructions carefully - but just to be clear from the start, is this requiring the change of unraid core system (bzroot etc.)?

I really prefer to load this in a vm, and not mess up with Unraid main source.

Thank you.

hg

For the hdhomerun you do not have to touch unraid. Tvheadend now have built in support.

The only thing you have to do is to run the container in host network mode, or else you have to know which ports the hdhomerun use and map those to the container.

That fixed it up. Much appreciated!

One oddity I see is the first letter of the recorded program filename is being truncated. Easily fixed by adding a space to the pathname format, but thought I would mention it.

That fixed it up. Much appreciated!

One oddity I see is the first letter of the recorded program filename is being truncated. Easily fixed by adding a space to the pathname format, but thought I would mention it.

Have you tried changing the "Filename Charset" in the recording settings to UTF-8?

That's odd, mine works without the need to mess around with a user account.

That is weird... Might have to do with the kodi version maybe.

Just tested it, working fine, using TVHeadEnd-Unstable (Although seems pretty stable to me!  ;D ) and Kodi Isengard Beta 1 on a variety of platforms, one of which is the corresponding Openelec install.

I'm using your last (May 23?) unstable tvheadend version and Kodi Isengard Beta 1 on Windows and RPi2.

I am also a SchedulesDirect subscriber.  I don't think support for this has been implemented in the container yet, correct?  Just wanted to ask before I start messing with WG+ again.  I have done it a few time already in the past and know the pain.  :)

John

I am also a SchedulesDirect subscriber.  I don't think support for this has been implemented in the container yet, correct?  Just wanted to ask before I start messing with WG+ again.  I have done it a few time already in the past and know the pain.  :)

John

If you use webgrab+plus it doesn't matter if tvheadend supports schedules direct or not as webgrab+plus does all the grabbing and tvheadend imports the guide.xml that webgrab+plus creates.

Schedules direct is not available in tvheadend as the grabber has to be configured.

John

If you use webgrab+plus it doesn't matter if tvheadend supports schedules direct or not as webgrab+plus does all the grabbing and tvheadend imports the guide.xml that webgrab+plus creates.

Schedules direct is not available in tvheadend as the grabber has to be configured.

Thanks saarg.

I'll move forward with config'ing WG+.  I paid for SD for a year so was just trying to get my $$$ out of it.  :)

John

OK...didn't make it very far.  I DL'd the latest site ini pack and followed the instructions in the info.txt file for the scheduledirect.org.ini.  I am not able to generate my channel list.  This is what I am seeing in my WebGrab++.log.txt:

[  Debug ] WebGrab+Plus/w MDB & REX Postprocess -- version 1.1.1/55.23 -- Jan van Straaten
[  Debug ] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[  Debug ] job started at 5/26/2015 12:00:43 PM
[  Debug ] 
[  Debug ] reading config file: C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\WebGrab++.config.xml
[  Debug ] loading timezone data
[  Debug ] embedded timezones source: WebGrab_Plus.TimezonesData.txt
[  Debug ] found: C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\schedulesdirect.org.ini -- Revision 1
[  Debug ] 
[  Debug ] running  on: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
[  Debug ] environment: 4.0.30319.34209
[  Debug ] xmltv input file - C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\guide.xml - found
[  Debug ] 0 superfluous shows removed
[  Info  ] 
[  Info  ] update requested for - 1 - out of - 1 - channels for 1 day(s)
[  Info  ] update mode - set per individual channel
[  Info  ] 
[  Info  ] 
[  Info  ]       i=index  .=same  c=change  g=gab  r=replace  n=new
[  Info  ] 
[  Debug ] 
[  Info  ] channel (xmltv_id=dummy) site -- SCHEDULESDIRECT.ORG -- mode full
[  Error ] error downloading page: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. (5sec)
[  Error ] retry 1 of 4 times
[  Error ] error downloading page: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. (10sec)
[  Error ] retry 2 of 4 times
[  Error ] error downloading page: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. (15sec)
[  Error ] retry 3 of 4 times
[  Error ] error downloading page: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. (20sec)
[  Error ] retry 4 of 4 times
[  Error ] no index page data received from dummy
[  Error ] unable to update channel, try again later
[  Info  ] existing guide data restored!
[  Debug ] 
[  Debug ] 0 shows in 1 channels
[  Debug ] 0 updated shows
[  Debug ] 0 new shows added
[  Info  ] 
[  Info  ] 
[  Info  ] job finished at 5/26/2015 12:00:44 PM done in 0 seconds
[  Info  ] 
[  Info  ] Starting MDB Postprocess .. Version: 1.8
[  Info  ] LocalMDB file C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\mdb\mdb.xml not found   ... created a new one ... 
[  Info  ] Selecting serie and movie candidates:
[  Info  ]       s=serie-candiadate  m=movie-candidate  b=both
[  Info  ] Found 0 movie - and 0 serie candidates.
[  Info  ]       0 shows are selected as both
[  Debug ] 

MDB Postprocessor result :

[  Debug ] Mdb data found for 0 out of 0 Movies-candidates
[  Debug ] Mdb data found for 0 out of 0 Series-candidates
[  Debug ] In 00:00:00.0468788 seconds
[  Info  ] 
[  Info  ] 
[  Info  ] Finished Postprocess MDB
[  Debug ] statistics upload error: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

I know that this is not an unraid/container issue but is anyone currently using SD with WGP+ and able to pull their channels?  I have also posted on the WGP+ forum.

EDIT:  In the meantime, I have moved to using the tvguide.com ini.  Only issue is that tvguide is missing a few key channels for me.  I e-mailed them to see if they can be added.  Waiting for a response...

John