new to docker, can't find my media files in plex

ok so I am new to docker and I got a plex container installed and when I try to point plex to where my media files are but I can't get past /mnt/

so in comparison, I have the plex server plugin installed and it works fine, I point it to /mnt/user/Media/TV but in the plex server installed through docker it shows nothing in /mnt/

hope this makes sense.

You want to set up your container something like this:

Untitled_zpsc7269cfe.png

The Container volumes are the paths which you are going to set Plex to scan for your media.  The associated Host path is the path on your server to the media.  IE:  With my setup, for plex to scan /mnt/user/Movies, I tell it to look for media /Server_A_Movies

Your template isn't including any paths for the media

You want to set up your container something like this:

Untitled_zpsc7269cfe.png

The Container volumes are the paths which you are going to set Plex to scan for your media.  The associated Host path is the path on your server to the media.  IE:  With my setup, for plex to scan /mnt/user/Movies, I tell it to look for media /Server_A_Movies

Your template isn't including any paths for the media

ahhhhhh I understand now, thank you very much. Im going to add those and test it, I will report back if it works.

• 4 years later...

Hi Everyone,

So, I am trying to setup Plex on my new Unraid server and for some reason I cant get plex to see my /mnt/user/Media/ folder so that I can upload to it. I am really really really new to Unraid and have been trying to figure this out, so that I wouldn't waste anyone's time. But Plex will not see the folder when I try to add it. It is just blank.

I am using limetech/plex which has the newest version and have it loaded in the docker. Host Path 1: /mnt/user/Media/ , Host Path 2: /mnt/user/Media/Moives/ , Host Path 3: /mnt/user/Media/TV Shows/

Share: /mnt/user/Media with subfolders being the above. But for some reason Plex cannot see them.

Version: 6.7.0-rc6 

Thank you in advance.

30 minutes ago, acozad1 said:

I am using limetech/plex which has the newest version and have it loaded in the docker. Host Path 1: /mnt/user/Media/ , Host Path 2: /mnt/user/Media/Moives/ , Host Path 3: /mnt/user/Media/TV Shows/

You find you media in whatever the container path is you mapped the above to.  IE: If you mapped /mnt/user/Media/Movies to /movies, you look in /movies on plex

Thank you so much for your help.

Share: /mnt/user/Media with subfolders being the above. But for some reason Plex cannot see them.

40 minutes ago, acozad1 said:

Host Path 1: /mnt/user/Media/ , Host Path 2: /mnt/user/Media/Moives/ , Host Path 3: /mnt/user/Media/TV Shows/ 

Ok.  You haven't defined a container path for any of those.

Edit those mappings and make say the first one to be /Media (you don't really need the other 2 as they're sub folders from the first)

Then in Plex when you add create a library, navigate to /Media/Movies for movies and /Media/Tv Shows for TV

No  You just changed the Host path with was correctly pointed to the Media share (/mnt/user/Media).  Hit the EDIT button and add in a container path.

You should probably watch this video https://forums.unraid.net/topic/54834-video-guideall-about-docker-in-unraid-docker-principles-and-setup/  And look in the docker FAQ about path mappings https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/?tab=comments#comment-564306 (although the screenshots are out of date)