[DOCKER] Koma - kodi headless and mariadb combined

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also found the log from Koma. Same issue and also not working:

16:28:56 T:47872218344448  ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic52 [1045](Access denied for user 'kodi'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

16:28:56 T:47872218344448  ERROR: Unable to create new database

16:28:56 T:47872218344448  ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos93 [1045](Access denied for user 'kodi'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

No idea what I have done differently, but I deleted the docker and re-installed everything. Now it is working and Koma is up and running.

Unfortunately, the UPNP server is still not running or cannot be identified by clients. The Kodi-log shows that it has started. Any idea what could prevent it to be identified by clients? Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm trying to create my user in Kodi using docker exec Koma-Isengard createuser kodi kodi and I keep getting the error respone from kaemon: no shuch id: koma-isengard.  I have also tried just Koma for the id and get the same message.  What am I doing wrong?  It seems to be running correctly because when i go to use the WebUI it asks for a username and password which I haven't created yet so I can't get in.

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i hope you can help me. whenever couchpotato or sickbeard sends an "update library" signal to my koma installation the playback of the video i am currently watching on my main kodi machine starts to stutter and often freezes completely for a minute or so.

is there some kind of solution for this or is it just a thing i have to deal with.

I thought this wouldn't be an issue since they are separate computers.

thanks very much for your help

• 1 month later...

my system is down right now so I can't test to see exactly the syntax for this but I remember seeing a "docker" command from the command prompt with a parameter to list the docker image names.  I think my image is not "Koma" exactly but "something hyphen koma".

EDIT: System is back up now, the command is "docker images" or "docker ps"  This list the dockers installed, including the names. Mine is "sparklyballs/koma-isengard"

docker exec Koma-Isengard createuser kodi kodi

Looks like I posted the same thing on the previous page of this thread...

When you update the clients version of Kodi does it matter if you are running an older version of this docker?

AFAIK the version of KODI-Headless needs to MATCH the version of the KODI Client. There are KODI database changes with each version.

This KODI database contains all information concerning TV shows, movies, and music videos. For instance I think the current version is 75?

Anyway, for instance the video database is stored in userdata/Database/MyVideosXX.db, where XX is the version number. If you're running Client version 75 and your Headless version is 70, it won't work.

Okay so if I understand this all Kodi clients using the DB libary should/have to be the same version due to differences on how they interact with DB.

Once database is setup if Kodi clients are upgraded from say 15 to 16 as long as all clients are at the same version is it just a matter of rescanning one kodi client libary like at installation of db and off you go?

Regarding the headless server part is it a fair to say that any Kodi client upgrade is dependend if there is an updated Kodi Headless Server docker of plugin for the newest Kodi version?

Does this docker support Kodi 16 Jarvis?  I am currently running 15

Okay so if I understand this all Kodi clients using the DB libary should/have to be the same version due to differences on how they interact with DB.

Once database is setup if Kodi clients are upgraded from say 15 to 16 as long as all clients are at the same version is it just a matter of rescanning one kodi client libary like at installation of db and off you go?

Regarding the headless server part is it a fair to say that any Kodi client upgrade is dependend if there is an updated Kodi Headless Server docker of plugin for the newest Kodi version?

Does this docker support Kodi 16 Jarvis?  I am currently running 15

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. The version of KODI-Headless needs to MATCH the version of the KODI Client.

On the first post of the thread the author states:

I've combined the mariadb container and my kodi helix headless container into one and called it Koma.

So to answer your answer directly "Does this docker support Kodi 16 Jarvis?  I am currently running 15?" No.

I think with Sparklyballs joining the linuxserver.io group allot of his containers have been "migrated" to releases by that group. I don't know if he is maintaining some of this "combined" versions too. I would say though that it is probably best to install the following rather than reply on this combined docker. Much cleaner anyway:

KODI Headless: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42439

MariaDB: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42422

In addition, if you aren't using it already, the following Plugin will help you quickly and easily install these Apps and other Plugins:

Community Applications: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40262.0

Hope that helps you. Post back if you need any more help.