Having a problem: Can't remove/delete a container

I somehow had a Plex container get corrupted; it failed during an update and now the whole thing is broken in ways I don't quite understand.  I'm perfectly happy nuking the whole thing and starting over with it, but I don't seem to be able to do that.  When I try to remove the container & image I get this error:

iX626XS.png?1

(Container cc19f49e45a1 is the one that I'm trying to delete, and it is stopped so I'm not sure why it is using 6b9114022a85)

And when I try to remove just the container I get this error:

pgN0oJd.png

Any advice?

Update ?

If you mean update via automated builds on docker hub, then you have exactly the same issue as.

I say this because the image not being deleted due to it being used was also happening to me.

There is something very wrong with docker hub at the moment, builds are not getting tagged as latest.

this is not just me anymore, there is an open issue on the docker github for this exact thing.

https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/10271

i posted a forum issue about it here

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37814.0

@smdion, can you test this on a build and see if it is widespread bug ?

Its possible the docker service running on your computer is still trying to run a command on those images.  Can you stop/start the docker service?

I guess I can try that.  It doesn't look like there is a way to do it from the GUI.  How would I do it from the command line?

Update ?

If you mean update via automated builds on docker hub, then you have exactly the same issue as.

Yeah, I mean I just hit the 'Update' button in the GUI and the update failed halfway through for some reason.  Now this container seems to be broken and I can't remove it.

I believe the docker rmi command will work.  It would be "docker rmi needo/plexmediaserver" as an example. This would delete all containers not including the shared contaners used by the base image.

I see you are attempting to delete by container ID. Should also work but try the above and see if it deletes for you.  If this fails you may very well have corrupted base image containers which doesn't make sense nor should it happen.

Kryspy