Newly added drive only shows half capacity

Blofeld

Hi forum,

I've added drive number 9, a WD 3TB to my array, which recently got upgraded to 6b12.

It got formatted in XFS, and strangely only shows up as a 1.5TB drive. It is attached to the Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 8-port controller, might that have something to do with it?

Parity is another 3TB drive, which runs fine.

Any leads..?

Is this a new drive?    If you had upgraded an older 1.5TB drive there were a couple Betas shortly after XFS was introduced where the file system was NOT automatically expanded to the size of the new drive.    If, however, you added this as a new drive and were already on b12, then that's not the issue.    Post a screenshot of the Web GUI.

it's a drive I had working inside a Synology before, but it never saw the inside of my Unraid machine before 6b12. Here's a screenshot, disk in question is disk 8 (now I'm not so sure it actually is a WD, but I kinda doubt it's the brand of the drive that's causing the issue here. might have to pull it out to be sure though).

Screenshot_2015-01-30_10_41_39.jpg.de48cb0cb8b571c1fdd796afd760e9a9.jpg

oh dear...

maybe I should take even a passing glimpse of what I throw into that box.

The drive in question was neither a WD, nor 3TB - it's a Seagate 1.5TB.

My bad, and sorry for taking up some time and space for my sheer stupiditity  :-X

Next question is whether to convert some of the other drives to XFS, or not...but i'll read up on that now. Have not been very active in the forum, since everything just works, so I need to catch up on some readin'