Docker , asterisk and freepbx

This one is not my docker, still not had time to do much with my docker file, only just finished moving the 14 storage drives form ntfs.

But this is a starting point planning on forking this docker then put it on the latest phusion base, just wanted some phones up and running over Christmas. Any feedback is welcome as we can look to fix / improve if needed.

I think also long term it may be better to set up the docker network to allow freepbx to have its own ip as described here that will also allow for vlans if your switch/router supports it

Maybe i could create two xml's one for "local host IP" one for "homenet":

The docker  installed OK for me the first time and was able to login.

**edit Freepbx 14 docker image takes a while to run first time round ... start it and leave it.

From the docker author Dave Conroy:

I'm a couple revisions away from being fully comfortable with this (I haven't yet moved it in a production mode yet myself) due to my modifications to let it run on a single database as I've noticed not all of the UCP modules fully work yet but I am definitely getting there. Enjoy! 

More info on this docker can be found here:

https://github.com/tiredofit/docker-freepbx

Edited by brownster
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello H20_King89 apologies not replying earlier.

I have not been using freepbx for a while but noticed yesterday Dave Conroy (tiredofit) is still working on this docker  which prompted me to see if the template was still applicable. Just compared the docker template at https://github.com/Brownster/docker-templates/blob/master/brownster/FreePBX-16v1.xml to make sure it was still correct. - looks OK

Will give it a whirl tonight

Others are using his docker, so you should have no issues getting it running, there are some known issues:

(FROM TIREDOFIT GIT HUB PAGE)

When installing Parking Lot or Feature Codes you sometimes get SQLSTATE[22001]: String data, right truncated: 1406 Data too long for column 'helptext' at row 1. To resolve login to your SQL server and issue this statement: alter table featurecodes modify column helptext varchar(500);

If you find yourself needing to update the framework or core modules and experience issues, enter the container and run upgrade-core which will truncate the column and auto upgrade the core and framework modules.