Squid

All unRAID Application Template Repositories / Support Threads

142 posts in this topic Last Reply

NOTHING TO SEE HERE... TESTING OUT A NEW UPDATE SCRIPT BEFORE I TOAST THE OP

HERE BE DRAGONS

So as to not single out Sparklyballs, I've now modified the output from the Community Repositories plugin, and am now posting it directly into this thread.  Because not all templates are currently using the new <Overview> section in the schema, it not quite as concise as it was before, but my maintenance time has now dropped considerably.

Since it now takes me a grand total of 2 minutes to completely update this thread, I guess that there is no reason for me not to keep it 100% up to date as I see changes in the forums, or once per week just in case I miss something.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE... TESTING OUT A NEW UPDATE SCRIPT BEFORE I TOAST THE OP

HERE BE DRAGONS

So as to not single out Sparklyballs, I've now modified the output from the Community Repositories plugin, and am now posting it directly into this thread.  Because not all templates are currently using the new <Overview> section in the schema, it not quite as concise as it was before, but my maintenance time has now dropped considerably.

that fella sounds like a trouble maker to me.....

Long story short, you create the template in the Docker GUI manager, and then get it off the flash drive and put it on your github repository for others to use.

Had misread this part in your inital post. Got it now.

Thanks trurl !!

Ideally, you should also manually add to the XML template the <Overview> and <Support> tags.  dockerMan currently does not support them (hopefully will in the future), so it doesn't create those, but those 2 tags helps with the displaying of the information in this thread, and also in the Community Repositories Plugin

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39106.msg365627#msg365627

you do realise you've created a monster putting that gif in the pull request ?

Had to show the capabilities.  Plus I had a feeling you might like it.

Would it be possible to get CUPS and Google Cloud Print/Airprint working?

The one currently available does not work and I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with it.

Would it be possible to get CUPS and Google Cloud Print/Airprint working?

The one currently available does not work and I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with it.

Maybe you should try on the thread for the application. This thread is not it.

Hi All,

I'm just setting up my first container in Docker using the guides here.

Can I please ask if there are reasons to choose one repo over another for a specific application. Eg Plex Media Server? Why would I install PMS from Limetech repo vs another? Do some offer different possibilities in terms of updating the application or other feature differences?

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm just setting up my first container in Docker using the guides here.

Can I please ask if there are reasons to choose one repo over another for a specific application. Eg Plex Media Server? Why would I install PMS from Limetech repo vs another? Do some offer different possibilities in terms of updating the application or other feature differences?

Thanks

For the most part, Plex from the various authors is identical.  They are all just different "philosophies" on the installation.  You might want to look at this thread: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=41562.0

What is the difference between the dockers created by binhex and needo?  Don't they do the same thing?

Ultimately, they do the same thing.  They are just difference "philosophies" on how to build a docker container.  (Same goes with linuxserver.io)

What is the difference between the dockers created by binhex and needo?  Don't they do the same thing?

Ultimately, they do the same thing.  They are just difference "philosophies" on how to build a docker container.  (Same goes with linuxserver.io)

"They are just difference "philosophies" on how to build a docker container."

Can you please explain in a bit more detail please?

Different authors may base their containers on different Linux base images (e.g. Arch vs. Ubuntu vs. something else).  They also may choose to layer in additional packages or preconfigure the application to use different default settings.

Different authors may base their containers on different Linux base images (e.g. Arch vs. Ubuntu vs. something else).  They also may choose to layer in additional packages or preconfigure the application to use different default settings.

Ok.  Is their a preference? E.g. is Arch Linux better smaller/faster etc or?

Ok.  Is their a preference? E.g. is Arch Linux better smaller/faster etc or?

Yes, the author of the container chose what they thought would work best. You would need to contact the author of the container you are interested in to learn why they picked what they did.