UPS: EATON 3S 550. Does it works with unRAID 6 beta 12?

almarma

Hi everybody!

I have two UPS at home: A APC which I'm using now with my unRAID server, and a EATON UPS which I'm using to protect a projector and the modem and router at home. While the APC is working faultless, the EATON seems to be not enough for the 3 devices at the same time. I think the APC could keep those 3 up, and the EATON would be enough to just one computer (the unRAID server). But as moving the UPSs involves changing a lot of cables and it's not that easy, I was wondering if anybody else can confirm if EATON UPSs are supported somehow with any plugin so the server can monitor the UPS and auto-shutdown itself if need, as it's doing now with the APC one. I've checked the forum but could find any previous answer :(

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! Sorry, I get no notifications about new post in my email inbox so I forget to check the other threads I started :).

Well, I have to say that my Eaton UPS died two or three months ago, so I replaced it with a second APC UPS. The reason? Better compatibility, and reliability in my experience:

- APC 550 ES: 8 years plugged and working like the first day, and with a healthy battery.

- Eaton (I don't remember the model): 3 years and dead.

Both used quite often during the hard winters in the North of Norway (many power outages here, and things that I never saw before, like "half voltage issue", which instead of getting 220V at home, we were getting 110V, and all the lights were like dimmed down).

So in my experience, I will never again buy an Eaton UPS