[ARCHIVE] binhex docker repository

binhex - Great compilation of dockers, thank you for your hard work. I remember starting with the madsonic :)

The following discussion is regarding having a docker for sabnzbdVPN similar to delugevpn.

I am converting my transmission, sickbeard and sabnzbd plugins to dockers. Having a VPN built in for deluge sounds like a neat idea and I am eager to try it out. Is there a similar option of having VPN with SABnzbd? If there is a way you could do that, it would be awesome. I currently use openvpn client plugin and it routes all the traffic in the server through the vpn. If we have specific applications that could route through vpn, it would be perfect. I know of many users who have pinged on that forum to see how to bypass the over arching vpn for all applications in the server, specifically for accessing Plex and Madsonic through WAN.

All the Docker images contained within this repository are Arch Linux based, the reason i choose Arch is as follows:-

If we have specific applications that could route through vpn, it would be perfect. I know of many users who have pinged on that forum to see how to bypass the over arching vpn for all applications in the server, specifically for accessing Plex and Madsonic through WAN.

got bored at lunchtime, so created sabnzbdvpn for you, its completely untested at this point, but i think it should work as expected, please let me know how you get on with it, you should be able to see it as an available docker image now in my docker repo.

Binhex, that's awesome. I will check later today when I get home. Thank you,

If we have specific applications that could route through vpn, it would be perfect. I know of many users who have pinged on that forum to see how to bypass the over arching vpn for all applications in the server, specifically for accessing Plex and Madsonic through WAN.

got bored at lunchtime, so created sabnzbdvpn for you, its completely untested at this point, but i think it should work as expected, please let me know how you get on with it, you should be able to see it as an available docker image now in my docker repo.

i'm going to ask a really silly question, i'm intrigued by the sabnzdvpn image, but do i need a vpn account somewhere ?

i'm going to ask a really silly question, i'm intrigued by the sabnzdvpn image, but do i need a vpn account somewhere ?

in a word, yes :-) airvpn or pia are my recommendations, but it should work with any vpn provider that supplies ovpn configuration files.

Yes,  you will need a VPN account (I have a PIA account) to route the traffic of this container.

Binhex, I so not see the sabnzbvpn option in the container template. Do I need to refresh the docker template? If yes, how do I do it?

Binhex, I so not see the sabnzbvpn option in the container template. Do I need to refresh the docker template? If yes, how do I do it?

i dont have remote access to my unraid box right now, but i think there is a refresh or update button somewhere on the docker page in the unraid webui, it used to be called "reload info" in b12 cant quite remember what its called in b15, hit the button and you should then see it appear in the list

I had to do a check for updates and I can see the container sabnzbvpn now. Couple of questions:

1. where do I input VPN_USER and VPN_PASS details?

2. Is there a killswitch which will not route traffic if the VPN is disconnected?

i dont have remote access to my unraid box right now, but i think there is a refresh or update button somewhere on the docker page in the unraid webui, it used to be called "reload info" in b12 cant quite remember what its called in b15, hit the button and you should then see it appear in the list

I had to do a check for updates and I can see the container sabnzbvpn now. Couple of questions:

2. Is there a killswitch which will not route traffic if the VPN is disconnected?

1. Click the "Advanced View" toggle on the top right and fill in required fields e.g. volume data, environment variables etc

2. im using very tight iptables rules to prevent any ip leakage, if you wish to test this then follow this post:-

add a nzb to sabnzbd, then:-

# enter running container

docker exec -it binhex-sabnzbdvpn /bin/bash

# run top and kill openvpn process via PID

kill <pid number of process openvpn>

You should see all traffic slows and then stops in the sabnzbd webui, there should be NO outbound traffic, if there is then please let me know, this is the same methodology as im using for the delugevpn with great results.

Sounds perfect, thanks again! If this works, I owe you a beer. I will try when I get access to my Workstation. Setting this up through my phone is a pain.

1. Click the "Advanced View" toggle on the top right and fill in required fields e.g. volume data, environment variables etc

2. im using very tight iptables rules to prevent any ip leakage, if you wish to test this then follow this post:-

You should see all traffic slows and then stops in the sabnzbd webui, there should be NO outbound traffic, if there is then please let me know, this is the same methodology as im using for the delugevpn with great results.

binhex, having trouble with the sabnzbdvpn docker. Looks like the sed, grep and egrep packages are unavailable. I have copied the first few lines of supervisord.log where the error starts ... I have sabnzbd docker installed and that works well.

2015-05-05 20:12:25,943 CRIT Set uid to user 0
2015-05-05 20:12:25,943 WARN Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/sabnzbdvpn.conf" during parsing
2015-05-05 20:12:25,945 INFO supervisord started with pid 1
2015-05-05 20:12:26,947 INFO spawned: 'start' with pid 7
2015-05-05 20:12:26,947 INFO spawned: 'sabnzbd' with pid 8
2015-05-05 20:12:26,952 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output:
/home/nobody/checkip.sh: line 9: egrep: command not found

2015-05-05 20:12:26,952 INFO success: start entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2015-05-05 20:12:26,954 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
[info] VPN provider defined as pia

2015-05-05 20:12:26,956 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
[info] VPN provider remote and port defined as nl.privateinternetaccess.com 1195

2015-05-05 20:12:26,956 DEBG 'start' stderr output:
/root/start.sh: line 44: sed: command not found

/root/start.sh: line 48: grep: command not found

/root/start.sh: line 49: sed: command not found

2015-05-05 20:12:26,957 DEBG 'start' stderr output:
/root/start.sh: line 72: grep: command not found

2015-05-05 20:12:26,957 DEBG 'start' stderr output:
/root/start.sh: line 73: sed: command not found

Hey binhex,

is there a way to update sickrage from right within the app? When I check for updates and then "update now" nothing happens. Is a docker update necessary for this?

I just recently switched sabnzbd and sickrage over to docker and I am absolutely loving it. Thanks for this :)

binhex:

Looks like similar problem exists with delugevpn...

2015-05-06 06:04:34,620 DEBG 'setip' stderr output:
/home/nobody/setip.sh: line 4: netstat: command not found

and

2015-05-06 06:04:34,730 DEBG 'setip' stderr output:

2015-05-06 06:04:34,733 DEBG 'webui' stderr output:
/home/nobody/webui.sh: line 4: netstat: command not found

2015-05-06 06:04:34,734 DEBG 'setport' stderr output:
/home/nobody/setport.sh: line 4: netstat: command not found

Are we doing something wrong? or did they change the upstream OS distro on you perhaps?

I connected to the container while running and couldn't find a netstat command anywhere...

Thanks!

David

ahh ive figured out what the hell is going on!, basically the arch linux mirror im using to pull down additional libraries looks to be having issues, sample from the build log:-

downloading geoip-1.6.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
[91merror: failed retrieving file 'geoip-1.6.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.bytemark.co.uk : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
[0m
[91mwarning: failed to retrieve some files
[0m
downloading libtorrent-rasterbar-1:0.16.17-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
[91merror: failed retrieving file 'libtorrent-rasterbar-1:0.16.17-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.bytemark.co.uk : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
[0m
[0m
downloading python2-crypto-2.6.1-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
[91merror: failed retrieving file 'python2-crypto-2.6.1-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.bytemark.co.uk : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
[0m
[0m
downloading python2-zope-interface-4.1.2-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
[91merror: failed retrieving file 'python2-zope-interface-4.1.2-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.bytemark.co.uk : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
[0m
[0m
downloading python2-twisted-15.1.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
[91merror: failed retrieving file 'python2-twisted-15.1.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.bytemark.co.uk : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
[0m

thing is the docker build process doesnt show this as a failure so i was happily thinking it built when in fact it was having issues, grrr. The other fun thing is github is having issues as well!, so i cant even push a change to it right now, i know they had DDoS issues about 4 weeks ago, looks like their troubles might be back, for now guys hang tight, im on this.

I pulled in deluguvpn around the same time as sabnzbvpn. The deluge docker seems to be working well while the sab isn't. Looks like it is an intermittent problem based on when you last compiled the individual dockers. Can you update when you are able to compile a clean version of sab? Thanks!

ahh ive figured out what the hell is going on!, basically the arch linux mirror im using to pull down additional libraries looks to be having issues, sample from the build log:-

downloading geoip-1.6.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
[91merror: failed retrieving file 'geoip-1.6.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.bytemark.co.uk : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
[0m
[0m
downloading libtorrent-rasterbar-1:0.16.17-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
[91merror: failed retrieving file 'libtorrent-rasterbar-1:0.16.17-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.bytemark.co.uk : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
[0m
[0m
downloading python2-crypto-2.6.1-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
[91merror: failed retrieving file 'python2-crypto-2.6.1-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.bytemark.co.uk : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
[0m
[0m
downloading python2-zope-interface-4.1.2-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
[91merror: failed retrieving file 'python2-zope-interface-4.1.2-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.bytemark.co.uk : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
[0m
[0m
downloading python2-twisted-15.1.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
[91merror: failed retrieving file 'python2-twisted-15.1.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.bytemark.co.uk : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
[0m

thing is the docker build process doesnt show this as a failure so i was happily thinking it built when in fact it was having issues, grrr. The other fun thing is github is having issues as well!, so i cant even push a change to it right now, i know they had DDoS issues about 4 weeks ago, looks like their troubles might be back, for now guys hang tight, im on this.

Hey binhex,

is there a way to update sickrage from right within the app? When I check for updates and then "update now" nothing happens. Is a docker update necessary for this?

I just recently switched sabnzbd and sickrage over to docker and I am absolutely loving it. Thanks for this :)

hi mettbrot, please see the OP FAQ section, this should answer your questions, the last update to sickrage was only a day or so ago, so a quick force update should get you to the latest release

DelugeVPN broken: I guess I'm having the same issues as mentioned above. I was wondering if there is a way to regress to the previous working build?

Hey BinHex, I'm not sure that I've ever said thank you for your wonderful dockers - thank you!

I'm like that ex-girlfriend that only turns up when she's having issues :-)

For an update for delugevpn this morning and was greedy to update. Now the delugevpn which was working yesterday is also broken :(

Would be nice to go back to a previous working build for delugevpn and sabnzbvpn if possible.

DelugeVPN broken: I guess I'm having the same issues as mentioned above. I was wondering if there is a way to regress to the previous working build?

Hey BinHex, I'm not sure that I've ever said thank you for your wonderful dockers - thank you!

I'm like that ex-girlfriend that only turns up when she's having issues :-)

do an update working now with new update delugeVPN

thanks for that, i noticed the latest build i triggered looks to be ok now for delugevpn, so please go ahead and update, im still taking a look at sabnzbdvpn so hold off on that one for now

Thank you for these amazing dockers! Using Plex and DelugeVNP on the latest 6.0 B15 (updated both dockers this morning without any issue!).

I have been struggling with getting a FileBot script to to run using the native DelugeVPN execute plugin. I can run the FB script manually OK, but the execute plugin does not seem to fire after the download is complete. I have triple checked my paths and permissions.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

BR

Thank you binhex. All of us here know that this work is completely voluntary. Thank you for spending time and helping this community immensely. If you have not already please consider opening a PayPal donation account. I and expect many others here would be happy to pay for a coffee or a beer to appreciate your time and effort.

do an update working now with new update delugeVPN

thanks for that, i noticed the latest build i triggered looks to be ok now for delugevpn, so please go ahead and update, im still taking a look at sabnzbdvpn so hold off on that one for now