[ARCHIVE] binhex docker repository

I am using PIA with all default settings you have in there. The thing that puzzling to me is delugevpn works while sabnzbvpn doesn't. As a simple test, if I start with a clean and no existing directory for sabnzbvpn, it complains of permissions while delugevpn just works!

I am curious why do we need the ovpn file when defining the VPN user and pass in the docker definition?

this depends on your vpn provider, if your using pia then yes its as simple as supplying username and password, if your using airvpn then you need to use the custom ovpn file that is generated for your account, and if your using custom then you need to supply ovpn file and sort out what method they are using for authentication as well, so question is what vpn provider are you using?

ok i left my sabnzbdvpn docker running overnight to make sure its can actually download and it downloaded a heap of stuff, all via the vpn tunnel, i also even saw the reconnect work for the tunnel, so thats also working well.

so i THINK i know what is going on with your setup, i just stopped the docker and blew away my existing config folder for sabnzbd, i then started the docker and bam!, it stopped straight away, unable to start, if i look in the root of my config folder on my cache drive i can see it created a folder caleld sabnzbd, but if i try to create a folder/file using a windows client then i get permissions denied, diving into ssh i can clearly see the permissions are set to user root group root, so it looks like a bug in unraid, it should be creating the folder as user nobody group users to my thinking so i will be raising this to jonp.

for now if you stop the docker, then ssh in and do the following:-

chown -R nobody:users /mnt/cache/<path to the sabnzbd folder>

chmod -R 775 /mnt/cache/<path to the sabnzbd folder>

then start sabnzbdvpn you should be good :-), the reason why you havent had this issue with delugevpn, is either cos you created the delugevpn config folder manually using a client, in which case it gets set as user nobody group users, or the bug didnt exist in previous versions of unraid and you created the docker in a previous version.

please let me know the outcome, if all goes well you should be set for the weekend, yay :-)

binhex - Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately I think there is something at play here other than the permissions. I tried changing the permissions to the root sabnzbdvpn docker location directory to nobody:users and nobody:nogroup (saw some permissions like this in the delugevpn docker). Both of them give the same error as below. Could there be any conflicts with the sabnzbd port? Please see the code below .. there is a panic:247 after which the HMAC authentication errors begin.

2015-05-15 08:51:43,593 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output:
2015-05-15 08:51:43,593::INFO::[_cplogging:55] [15/May/2015:08:51:43] ENGINE Bus STARTED

2015-05-15 08:51:43,593 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output:
2015-05-15 08:51:43,593::INFO::[panic:247] Lauching browser with https://localhost:8090/sabnzbd

2015-05-15 08:51:52,688 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Fri May 15 08:51:52 2015 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: packet HMAC authentication failed

2015-05-15 08:52:02,723 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Fri May 15 08:52:02 2015 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: packet HMAC authentication failed

2015-05-15 08:52:12,303 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Fri May 15 08:52:12 2015 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: packet HMAC authentication failed

2015-05-15 08:52:22,796 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Fri May 15 08:52:22 2015 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: packet HMAC authentication failed

I am using PIA with all default settings you have in there. The thing that puzzling to me is delugevpn works while sabnzbvpn doesn't. As a simple test, if I start with a clean and no existing directory for sabnzbvpn, it complains of permissions while delugevpn just works!

I am curious why do we need the ovpn file when defining the VPN user and pass in the docker definition?

this depends on your vpn provider, if your using pia then yes its as simple as supplying username and password, if your using airvpn then you need to use the custom ovpn file that is generated for your account, and if your using custom then you need to supply ovpn file and sort out what method they are using for authentication as well, so question is what vpn provider are you using?

ok i left my sabnzbdvpn docker running overnight to make sure its can actually download and it downloaded a heap of stuff, all via the vpn tunnel, i also even saw the reconnect work for the tunnel, so thats also working well.

so i THINK i know what is going on with your setup, i just stopped the docker and blew away my existing config folder for sabnzbd, i then started the docker and bam!, it stopped straight away, unable to start, if i look in the root of my config folder on my cache drive i can see it created a folder caleld sabnzbd, but if i try to create a folder/file using a windows client then i get permissions denied, diving into ssh i can clearly see the permissions are set to user root group root, so it looks like a bug in unraid, it should be creating the folder as user nobody group users to my thinking so i will be raising this to jonp.

for now if you stop the docker, then ssh in and do the following:-

chown -R nobody:users /mnt/cache/<path to the sabnzbd folder>

chmod -R 775 /mnt/cache/<path to the sabnzbd folder>

then start sabnzbdvpn you should be good :-), the reason why you havent had this issue with delugevpn, is either cos you created the delugevpn config folder manually using a client, in which case it gets set as user nobody group users, or the bug didnt exist in previous versions of unraid and you created the docker in a previous version.

please let me know the outcome, if all goes well you should be set for the weekend, yay :-)

Could there be any conflicts with the sabnzbd port? Please see the code below .. there is a panic:247 after which the HMAC authentication errors begin.

yes, that def could be a problem if your not specifying a unique port on the host side, i think syncthing uses port 8080, and i think maybe unmenu does, and possibly other dockers too, you need to check which apps are using what ports, i personally remap all my ports and document it so i know what each app is using and whether im port forwarding it on the router.

if its not that then im afraid im out of suggestions :-(, ive blown away my sabnzbd config and restarted it and it re-creates the config fine and the docker starts without error launching into wizard screen, so i cant make it go wrong at present, and until i can make it go wrong its a bit tricky to fix :-).

Hi, after reading above posts I was keen to give deluge-vpn a go.

Unfortunately I got this over and over in the supervisord.log file

2015-05-11 21:23:38,858 DEBG 'setport' stderr output:
/home/nobody/setport.sh: line 4: netstat: command not found

2015-05-11 21:23:38,864 DEBG 'setip' stderr output:
/home/nobody/setip.sh: line 4: netstat: command not found

2015-05-11 21:23:38,919 DEBG 'webui' stderr output:
/home/nobody/webui.sh: line 4: netstat: command not found

2015-05-11 21:23:38,961 DEBG 'setport' stderr output:

2015-05-11 21:23:38,967 DEBG 'setip' stderr output:
/home/nobody/setip.sh: line 4: netstat: command not found

2015-05-11 21:23:39,022 DEBG 'webui' stderr output:
/home/nobody/webui.sh: line 4: netstat: command not found

2015-05-11 21:23:39,064 DEBG 'setport' stderr output:

this should no longer be an issue, if your still seeing this then please delete container and image and then re-add, if your still having issues please paste the output of the supervisor log file.

Did anyone have any luck in setting umask setting for deluge?

With the current deluge settings i am able to delete mover single filed torrents, but if the torrent contains a folder structure i do not have the necessary permissions.

hi i did set the umask for supervisor, which i thought should in turn set the umask for all child processes, however this might not be the case, thus i have made a tweak to the delugevpn and deluge dockers to force a umask directly on the child process in the supervisor file, please try an update (or if dockerhub is still playing silly buggers which it currently is) then delete the container and image and then add again, please let me know the outcome, im not able to test the issue your having with permissions as it "just works" for me :-), if i remember rightly this bug only occurs for people accessing the share using a mac, im assuming this is the case for you?

I just did a re-install, but in both Windows and Mac I am still facing the same permission issue. I am only allowed to read the file unless I run the new permission script under Tools. The file is owned by user nobody. I am accessing files with my own Unraid user.

is there a way to actually check what IP the VPN is actually reporting? I have the proxy going and checking that was easy and it's working fine.

yes, go here http://torguard.net/checkmytorrentipaddress.php click on the big green button and add the torrent to deluge, then check the status tab (bottom screen) tracker status, thjis will then report the current ip.

I understand from other posts that Couchpotato doesn't work with delugevpn yet because of IP leaks? I can't get it to connect at all, I assume this is intentional?

no, this is a bug im working through, its to do with the fact im using iptables, which prevents ip leakage but is also being a little bit over zealous at the moment and also blocking the deluge daemon api, which is required for CP.

Also, I haven't been able to get delugevpn to reseed anything I had seeding previously when I had unraid 5.

this i haven't checked, but i cant see a reason why this wouldn't work, i would assume the issue your seeing is probably due to some path issue to the media, i have successfully seeded content i have downloaded, so i dont think there is any technical reason why this wouldn't work.

The file is owned by user nobody. I am accessing files with my own Unraid user.

when you say "own unraid user" you mean you've created an additional account on unraid and your using that to access unraid shares on your client pc?.

Yes, created an additional account on unraid, and accessing my shares via this user name on my PC. The user has read and write permission.

ahh that would explain the issue then, as deluge is running as user nobody, which just works if you set your shares as public on unraid and dont use a named account. hmm i will have to have a think about this, as it would mean allowing you to change the account that deluge is running as, as well as maybe some jiggery pokery for the user id's to line up.

is there a way to actually check what IP the VPN is actually reporting? I have the proxy going and checking that was easy and it's working fine.

yes, go here http://torguard.net/checkmytorrentipaddress.php click on the big green button and add the torrent to deluge, then check the status tab (bottom screen) tracker status, thjis will then report the current ip.

I understand from other posts that Couchpotato doesn't work with delugevpn yet because of IP leaks? I can't get it to connect at all, I assume this is intentional?

no, this is a bug im working through, its to do with the fact im using iptables, which prevents ip leakage but is also being a little bit over zealous at the moment and also blocking the deluge daemon api, which is required for CP.

Also, I haven't been able to get delugevpn to reseed anything I had seeding previously when I had unraid 5.

this i haven't checked, but i cant see a reason why this wouldn't work, i would assume the issue your seeing is probably due to some path issue to the media, i have successfully seeded content i have downloaded, so i dont think there is any technical reason why this wouldn't work.

Checkmytorrentip is brilliant. Thanks for that. As expected everything is working as intended.

That's for the update on Couchpotato.

I solved issue three. Couchpotato is overzealous on renaming things when it finds them. Renamed files didn't match the torrent names and therefore no reseeding. Changing the names back fixed checking and moving and seeding.

Hi binhex, thank you so much for building these dockers and maintaining them for us.

I con't get my openvpn in the delugevpn docker to work.

Here the final lines from the log:

2015-05-16 14:48:53,889 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
--------------------
[info] Starting OpenVPN...

2015-05-16 14:48:53,901 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sat May 16 14:48:53 2015 OpenVPN 2.3.6 x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [iPv6] built on Dec  2 2014
Sat May 16 14:48:53 2015 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2a 19 Mar 2015, LZO 2.09
Sat May 16 14:48:53 2015 WARNING: file 'userpwd' is group or others accessible

2015-05-16 14:48:54,320 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sat May 16 14:48:54 2015 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF_INET]80.254.79.115:443 [nonblock]

2015-05-16 14:48:55,321 INFO success: deluge entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2015-05-16 14:48:55,321 INFO success: webui entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2015-05-16 14:49:04,321 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sat May 16 14:49:04 2015 TCP: connect to [AF_INET]80.254.79.115:443 failed, will try again in 5 seconds: Connection timed out

2015-05-16 14:49:19,478 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sat May 16 14:49:19 2015 TCP: connect to [AF_INET]80.254.79.115:443 failed, will try again in 5 seconds: Connection timed out

2015-05-16 14:49:34,911 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sat May 16 14:49:34 2015 TCP: connect to [AF_INET]80.254.79.87:443 failed, will try again in 5 seconds: Connection timed out

I got thru the cert and username steps, but am a bit puzzled as where to go next? It keeps trying and trying ....

Running the openvpn client on my laptop worked, so I assume my network/router/ISP is "capable" of connecting to the VPN.

Any hints on what next?

Thanks

EDIT: the problem was actually a few lines further up. The protocol in the config file was set to tcp-client, once I changed it to tcp it is all working now.

Thanks for all this great dockers!

I am running into this problem as well. For security, I have the shares being accessed through a local username and password. Althought the nobody:users is readable, ym htpc cannot make changes to these shares. For now, I run a permissions script to change nobody to localuser. I am considering creating a nobody user and adding it to my win 8.1 credential manager.

Yes, created an additional account on unraid, and accessing my shares via this user name on my PC. The user has read and write permission.

ahh that would explain the issue then, as deluge is running as user nobody, which just works if you set your shares as public on unraid and dont use a named account. hmm i will have to have a think about this, as it would mean allowing you to change the account that deluge is running as, as well as maybe some jiggery pokery for the user id's to line up.

binhex - I deleted the entire sabnzbdvpn config folder and started from scratch (since it was working for you when you tested). Surprisingly it is working now!!! I do not know why but the issue just went away. I also changed the permissions to 777 and it didn't help either. Anyways, thank you for testing at your end and that's what prompted me to try again on a clean slate.

Binhex - the issue of no data communication still exists for sabnzbvpn. Did you get a chance to look at it? My previous post had detailed logs on it and I have copied below a snippet when I tried again this morning...

From log:

2015-05-14 10:19:20,280 DEBG 'start' stdout output:

Thu May 14 10:19:20 2015 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: packet HMAC authentication failed

With the current deluge settings i am able to delete mover single filed torrents, but if the torrent contains a folder structure i do not have the necessary permissions.

hi i did set the umask for supervisor, which i thought should in turn set the umask for all child processes, however this might not be the case, thus i have made a tweak to the delugevpn and deluge dockers to force a umask directly on the child process in the supervisor file, please try an update (or if dockerhub is still playing silly buggers which it currently is) then delete the container and image and then add again, please let me know the outcome, im not able to test the issue your having with permissions as it "just works" for me :-), if i remember rightly this bug only occurs for people accessing the share using a mac, im assuming this is the case for you?

yes i did take a look actually, in the last hour i thought i would take the plunge and signup with a usenet provider and test it out, and it works yay, so i can successfully download via sabnzbd using a vpn tunnel, i made sure this was the case by exec-ing into the running docker and killing the openvpn process, which caused the traffic to drop to 0, so its def using the tunnel and looks like no ip leakage, so im happy its working as expected.

so back to your issue, i think its got to be a misconfiguration of either openvpn and/or sabnazbd that is causing that "HMAC authentication failed" message, my money is on vpn provider, can you pm me your ovpn file minus your login and password and i will take a look.

I have a strange issue and help fixing this. I changed the delugevpn connection mode from bridge to host and my entire emhttp is down. I am unable to find a way to change this auto-start docker setting to bridge mode again.

Is there a config file for the docker configuration I can change while booting into safe mode which will enable me to change this particular auto-start docker config from 'host' to 'bridge'?

P.S. Posting this in general help hoping someone can get back quickly on this.

2015-05-16 14:48:53,889 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
--------------------
[info] Starting OpenVPN...

2015-05-16 14:48:53,901 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sat May 16 14:48:53 2015 OpenVPN 2.3.6 x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [iPv6] built on Dec  2 2014
Sat May 16 14:48:53 2015 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2a 19 Mar 2015, LZO 2.09
Sat May 16 14:48:53 2015 WARNING: file 'userpwd' is group or others accessible

2015-05-16 14:48:54,320 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sat May 16 14:48:54 2015 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF_INET]80.254.79.115:443 [nonblock]

2015-05-16 14:48:55,321 INFO success: deluge entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2015-05-16 14:48:55,321 INFO success: webui entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2015-05-16 14:49:04,321 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sat May 16 14:49:04 2015 TCP: connect to [AF_INET]80.254.79.115:443 failed, will try again in 5 seconds: Connection timed out

2015-05-16 14:49:19,478 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sat May 16 14:49:19 2015 TCP: connect to [AF_INET]80.254.79.115:443 failed, will try again in 5 seconds: Connection timed out

2015-05-16 14:49:34,911 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sat May 16 14:49:34 2015 TCP: connect to [AF_INET]80.254.79.87:443 failed, will try again in 5 seconds: Connection timed out

I guess you guys are all playing wit the shiny new rc1 (rc2)...

I got a little bit further trying to securely run my deluge.

In the docker I added VPN_ENABLED = no

then went into the container and run the openvpn command manually and the connection established.

So I guess some of the important stuff you do before you get to actually start openvpn is my problem.

/usr/bin/openvpn --cd /config/openvpn --config swissvpn.ovpn
Sun May 17 14:49:39 2015 OpenVPN 2.3.6 x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [iPv6] built on Dec  2 2014
Sun May 17 14:49:39 2015 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2a 19 Mar 2015, LZO 2.09
Sun May 17 14:49:39 2015 WARNING: file 'userpwd' is group or others accessible
Sun May 17 14:49:40 2015 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF_INET]80.254.79.101:443 [nonblock]
Sun May 17 14:49:41 2015 TCP connection established with [AF_INET]80.254.79.101:443
Sun May 17 14:49:41 2015 TCPv4_CLIENT link local: [undef]
Sun May 17 14:49:41 2015 TCPv4_CLIENT link remote: [AF_INET]80.254.79.101:443
Sun May 17 14:49:41 2015 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this
Sun May 17 14:49:47 2015 [server] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]80.254.79.101:443
Sun May 17 14:49:49 2015 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened
Sun May 17 14:49:49 2015 do_ifconfig, tt->ipv6=0, tt->did_ifconfig_ipv6_setup=0
Sun May 17 14:49:49 2015 /usr/bin/ip link set dev tun0 up mtu 1500
Sun May 17 14:49:49 2015 /usr/bin/ip addr add dev tun0 93.94.245.30/25 broadcast 93.94.245.127
Sun May 17 14:49:50 2015 Initialization Sequence Completed

since I have all the details in the ovpn file, co I need the environment variables in the docker template? (I don't have them currently...)

I have a strange issue and help fixing this. I changed the delugevpn connection mode from bridge to host and my entire emhttp is down. I am unable to find a way to change this auto-start docker setting to bridge mode again.

Is there a config file for the docker configuration I can change while booting into safe mode which will enable me to change this particular auto-start docker config from 'host' to 'bridge'?

There will be a file on your flash drive, have a look in the flash share on your unraid system there should be a config folder and then a subdir called dockerman and I think from memory your configured templates are stored in there somewhere, then open the offending file with notepad++ and change it back to bridge then save and reboot

First of all, thanks binhex these are some awesome dockers. Took me about an hour to configure 4 of them and they run swell.

The only issue I have is that nzbget is writing downloaded files out as nobody:nogroup. Ideally I would prefer daniel:users as thats what the rest of the files are. Is there a way to achieve this?

Hey binhex,

is there a way to update sickrage from right within the app? When I check for updates and then "update now" nothing happens. Is a docker update necessary for this?

I just recently switched sabnzbd and sickrage over to docker and I am absolutely loving it. Thanks for this :)

hi mettbrot, please see the OP FAQ section, this should answer your questions, the last update to sickrage was only a day or so ago, so a quick force update should get you to the latest release

Hey thanks for the reply.

I regularly check the docker page with the update button and install them as they appear. After the latest docker update (and another one using "force update") sickrage still tells me I am on a version from Nov 2014 and 1871 commits behind.

thank you for your help.

binhex - I couldn't find the config file which lists the auto-start docker config and has the corresponding templates in them. Copied below is the folder structure I found. For now, I am on rc2 and have created all the dockers from scratch using the templates. Wasn't hard at all except that it took time to wait and create each docker manually.

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan# ls -lrt
total 624
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root 563570 Sep 30  2014 dockerMan-2014.09.29.tar.gz*
drwxrwxrwx 12 root root  16384 Apr 21 22:15 templates/
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root    459 May 11 10:50 template-repos*
drwxrwxrwx  2 root root  16384 May 16 15:54 templates-user/
drwxrwxrwx  2 root root  16384 May 16 15:56 images/

There will be a file on your flash drive, have a look in the flash share on your unraid system there should be a config folder and then a subdir called dockerman and I think from memory your configured templates are stored in there somewhere, then open the offending file with notepad++ and change it back to bridge then save and reboot

Just installed the plex docker yesterday. Seamless installation, everything works. Thanks!

... but I seem to have screwed something up. I did some fiddling, Plex stopped working. No problem, I decided to just delete and reinstall it... the result, though, is Plex but not Plex Server. It just has client settings, no server settings, no option to add a local library or anything.

Any suggestions on what error I have made? It is probably something dumb on my part.

Edit: I think my error was to use "bridge" rather than "host" mode. Woops.

Looking for suggestions -- binhex Sonaar works fine however if I restart Sonaar from within the docker its-self (using the web interface) Sonnar restarts and does not load the config (starts up as if it was a fresh install). If I stop and start it using the docker web console it loads the config fine?

Any ideas are highly appreciated -- thanks!

I just did a re-install, but in both Windows and Mac I am still facing the same permission issue. I am only allowed to read the file unless I run the new permission script under Tools. The file is owned by user nobody. I am accessing files with my own Unraid user.

Fianlly got the following script working in Deluge as proposed by Sparklyballs (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39762.msg372160#msg372160) , so I am out of the woods:

#!/bin/bash

torrentid="$1"

torrentname="$2"

torrentpath="$3"

chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X "$torrentpath/$torrentname"

in the deluge interface...

select preferences , execute , add an event and select torrent complete and browse for the script and apply.