[ARCHIVE] binhex docker repository

Hey Binhex...  If you get a couple minutes, do you think you could run your containers through the Categorization App?  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40111.0

Thanks in advance,

No probs squid I will get on this tonight

squid, your too good to me, doing all the hard work :-), just spotted all the pull requests, now accepted so i should be fully compliant :-)

It was either do the pull requests or spend the morning doing yard work.  Hopefully I did them right.  Upshot was that after sitting down and doing pulls for all the remaining containers, I made the plugin to do it a tad easier (a clear containers) button) to use.

I know you have deluge VPN which works great but is it possible to make a transmission VPN version?  Since headphones can't send to deluge magnet links

Would love this too!

Question. How do you access the webgui if you have a random unknown ip?

The Lan port connects to localip: port similar to if there was a universal VPN client. The allocated ip is required for only for ip's connecting from wan.

I know you have deluge VPN which works great but is it possible to make a transmission VPN version?  Since headphones can't send to deluge magnet links

Would love this too!

Question. How do you access the webgui if you have a random unknown ip?

Hey Binhex,  I have your DelugeVPN and it works great but i can not figure out how to open the deamon port (  58846  )  so i can connect without having to use the web ui.

i have tried opening the port in the docker setup.  I have cloned your github repo and tried opening the port in the docker file  but nothing works 

Is it just not possible to do with VPN on the container?

Hey binhex,

is there a way to update sickrage from right within the app? When I check for updates and then "update now" nothing happens. Is a docker update necessary for this?

I just recently switched sabnzbd and sickrage over to docker and I am absolutely loving it. Thanks for this :)

hi mettbrot, please see the OP FAQ section, this should answer your questions, the last update to sickrage was only a day or so ago, so a quick force update should get you to the latest release

Hey thanks for the reply.

I regularly check the docker page with the update button and install them as they appear. After the latest docker update (and another one using "force update") sickrage still tells me I am on a version from Nov 2014 and 1871 commits behind.

thank you for your help.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Is there a way to see the version of sickrage currently installed right from the web interface?

Hey binhex,

is there a way to update sickrage from right within the app? When I check for updates and then "update now" nothing happens. Is a docker update necessary for this?

I just recently switched sabnzbd and sickrage over to docker and I am absolutely loving it. Thanks for this :)

hi mettbrot, please see the OP FAQ section, this should answer your questions, the last update to sickrage was only a day or so ago, so a quick force update should get you to the latest release

Hey thanks for the reply.

I regularly check the docker page with the update button and install them as they appear. After the latest docker update (and another one using "force update") sickrage still tells me I am on a version from Nov 2014 and 1871 commits behind.

thank you for your help.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Is there a way to see the version of sickrage currently installed right from the web interface?

sickrage seems to have issues tracking what version its currently running, but i can safely say if your up to date with the latest container i have pushed then you are indeed running the latest stable release (currently at 4.0.23). i think sickrage may not be keeping step with the version thats actually running, and therefore it thinks your still behind, as far as im concerned its a bug in the way sickrage tracks the version.

Hey Binhex,  I have your DelugeVPN and it works great but i can not figure out how to open the deamon port (  58846  )  so i can connect without having to use the web ui.

i have tried opening the port in the docker setup.  I have cloned your github repo and tried opening the port in the docker file  but nothing works 

this is a LONG standing issue (read pain in the ass!!) with the delugevpn container, basically its due to the way i have implemented iptables to prevent ip leakage, i THINK i may of cracked this particular issue in the last 30 mins!, currently building, so i havent confirmed 100% yet, i will post back if i have success.

this is a LONG standing issue (read pain in the ass!!) with the delugevpn container, basically its due to the way i have implemented iptables to prevent ip leakage, i THINK i may of cracked this particular issue in the last 30 mins!, currently building, so i havent confirmed 100% yet, i will post back if i have success.

That would be awesome.  not that it is not workable the way it is. I just like using the deamon

it looks good to me, i can now connect using couchpotato, which makes use of the deluge daemon, connect using username "admin" and your webui password, make sure to use your unraid host's ip address and port 58846.

sickrage seems to have issues tracking what version its currently running, but i can safely say if your up to date with the latest container i have pushed then you are indeed running the latest stable release (currently at 4.0.23). i think sickrage may not be keeping step with the version thats actually running, and therefore it thinks your still behind, as far as im concerned its a bug in the way sickrage tracks the version.

Awesome thanks!

it looks good to me, i can now connect using couchpotato, which makes use of the deluge daemon, connect using username "admin" and your webui password, make sure to use your unraid host's ip address and port 58846.

Yup,  Couchpotato connects fine now from docker,  but i still cant connect from my iMac to the unraid server docker.  I think it may have something to do with how VPN changes IP's since the subnets are different from my unraid server and imac.  they may be on the same network,  but VPN changes the subnet of the docker    Oh well :)  i can live with it

Cool, that's great news. Thanks for not giving up on this issue!

First of all, binhex your Docker builds are amazing and I am learning a lot about Docker because of your projects. Thank you so much!

I have two super-nooby issues with DelugeVPN:

1. I cannot get Couchpotato and Deluge to speak to each other. Are the IPTables set up as such to not allow access to the Deluge daemon port even if it is explicitly exposed to the host machine? I've added a line to the Deluge auth file with a username / password (and appropriate permission), I've allowed remote connections and I've mapped the daemon port to the host but CouchPotato still can't speak to Deluge. Black-holing seems to have weird issues for me, and I'd like to take advantage of CouchPotato's ability to hard-link and keep seeding.

2. This is the easy one: If I enable Privoxy, do I need to explicitly point Deluge to the proxy or does it 'just work'? If so, which protocol does it use? I'm able to point the browser of the machine I am typing this post on to my Privoxy server and it works like a charm, but I want to make sure I have it set up right with Deluge. I'm assuming it's just a no-auth HTTP proxy in this configuration?

EDIT: I've realized that I may just be mistaken here as to the usefulness of Privoxy in my specific setup. I am routing all my traffic through a VPN provider (VikingVPN, who I cannot recommend highly enough for their service and customer support). Since they do no shaping of the traffic, are the advantages of Privoxy moot as my ISP will not be able to ascertain the type of traffic that Deluge is throwing out there?

Is Privoxy just there to provide a way of sending traffic from other applications on my network through my VPN tunnell?

Thank you so much!! My eventual plan is to write up some newbie-centric documentation for getting this all working.

First of all, binhex your Docker builds are amazing and I am learning a lot about Docker because of your projects. Thank you so much!

I have two super-nooby issues with DelugeVPN:

1. I cannot get Couchpotato and Deluge to speak to each other. Are the IPTables set up as such to not allow access to the Deluge daemon port even if it is explicitly exposed to the host machine? I've added a line to the Deluge auth file with a username / password (and appropriate permission), I've allowed remote connections and I've mapped the daemon port to the host but CouchPotato still can't speak to Deluge. Black-holing seems to have weird issues for me, and I'd like to take advantage of CouchPotato's ability to hard-link and keep seeding.

2. This is the easy one: If I enable Privoxy, do I need to explicitly point Deluge to the proxy or does it 'just work'? If so, which protocol does it use? I'm able to point the browser of the machine I am typing this post on to my Privoxy server and it works like a charm, but I want to make sure I have it set up right with Deluge. I'm assuming it's just a no-auth HTTP proxy in this configuration?

EDIT: I've realized that I may just be mistaken here as to the usefulness of Privoxy in my specific setup. I am routing all my traffic through a VPN provider (VikingVPN, who I cannot recommend highly enough for their service and customer support). Since they do no shaping of the traffic, are the advantages of Privoxy moot as my ISP will not be able to ascertain the type of traffic that Deluge is throwing out there?

Is Privoxy just there to provide a way of sending traffic from other applications on my network through my VPN tunnell?

Thank you so much!! My eventual plan is to write up some newbie-centric documentation for getting this all working.

ok so replies as follows:-

1.  I cannot get Couchpotato and Deluge to speak to each other.  - this particular issue was resolved in the last 24 hours, please can you update the docker container and re-test, very brief instructions for getting cp to talk to deluge daemon are open cp and go to downloaders, tick deluge and then use connect using username "admin" and your webui password (details are in the deluge "auth" file in your config folder), make sure to use your unraid host's ip address and port 58846, also ensure deluge is set to allow remote connections, then hit the test button to make sure it can talk.

2.  If I enable Privoxy, do I need to explicitly point Deluge to the proxy or does it 'just work'? - in short, yes you do need to explicitly set this to work, this is basically an optional applications you can use on your internal lan if your isp is actively blocking index websites (i.e. as they do in the uk), it circumvents this restriction by send your requests down the vpn tunnel and not over your internet connection. You can point your web browser at privoxy and any application that supports web proxies will then use it, such as cp, sb etc, you would NOT configure deluge to use the proxy as this is already connected to the vpn tunnel, make sense?.

binhex.

Hey, open question regarding sonarr/deluge configuration, if anyone can help me.  I created a test library with a few episodes and sonarr found the files and added them, so it's seeing the path to my media.  Was able to get sonarr to search for another episode and successfully pass it deluge.  The file downloaded, and was moved to my complete folder, but sonarr won't import them for some reason. 

Do I need to point sonarr at the completed download folder somehow?  I don't see an obvious way to do this.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

Thanks!

As a side note, the deluge-vpn container is excellent!  Quite happy, thanks binhex!

Hi all, I seem to have a problem with permissions. Everything that the sabnzbd docker downloads gives me "access denied" errors for any action (on my windows machine) other than reading. Of course on my windows machine I am connecting as a user who has access to the "Apps" share on the cache drive that houses all my docker stuff including the sab downloads.

If I ssh in as root and use midnight commander, I can move the files around but they are still 'access denied' even when I put them in a different location. I ran the new permissions tool which fixed the problem for existing files, but new downloads overnight came in with the same problem.

I have tried to search on this one but I am either not understanding the results or my problem is not the same. I suppose I can run "new permissions" on the cache drive regularly but I am hoping there's a better fix.

edit: I ran chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X *.* and chown -R nobody:users *.* in the folder I moved the sab downloads too, and now I can use the files as normal from windows. Some items were owned by nobody:nogroup, some permissions were also wrong I think.

UPDATE: Nevermind! It started working with localhost:58846 and my explicit user account. Still curious what the line I'm missing from my auth file is!

Hmm, I'm still having issues getting CouchPotato and DelugeVPN talking:

- Updated DelugeVPN (and CouchPotato as well, for good measure, although no update was available) by doing a "Force Update".

- Explicitly mapped port 58846

SENECAUpdate_Container_2015_06_02_21_13_24.png

-Set up CouchPotato explicitly setting my unRAID server's IP (tried localhost as well) and the correct port and tried admin/webui password

Couch_Potato_2015_06_02_21_23_26.png

Still getting a connection failed.

Also tried the explicit user account I created in the auth file previously. Same result (see screenshot).

Here's the dump of my auth file

cat /mnt/user/appdata/DelugeVPN/config/auth 
localclient:7c57a288aee488c3fae64b48221d44f600283481:10
kingmetal:[password]:10

Looks unchanged from before the update. Did my changing the file screw things up? What's the missing line?

I also noticed that the daemon port was not added to the DelugeVPN host file (https://github.com/binhex/docker-templates/blob/master/binhex/delugevpn.xml). Does it not need to be explicitly enabled? I would think it would have to be.

hi kingmetal, hmm strange its not working for you, i cant so far replicate your issue. ok i suspect its something to do with the auth file that you edited, can you confirm the end of line format is set to unix and NOT windows?, this could def screw up deluge when it attempts to read the file, also im not sure if you can simply change the username in the auth file from "admin", which i think is the default account to username "kingmetal" without re configuring deluge daemon, this is something ive not played, i just used the credentials in there (changed password via webui) so i dont know if this is the case or not but worth looking into.

and yes good spot on the xml, i have forgotten to update this to reflect the fact that the daemon is now accessible from the LAN, i shall update this now.

hi kingmetal, hmm strange its not working for you, i cant so far replicate your issue. ok i suspect its something to do with the auth file that you edited, can you confirm the end of line format is set to unix and NOT windows?, this could def screw up deluge when it attempts to read the file, also im not sure if you can simply change the username in the auth file from "admin", which i think is the default account to username "kingmetal" without re configuring deluge daemon, this is something ive not played, i just used the credentials in there (changed password via webui) so i dont know if this is the case or not but worth looking into.

and yes good spot on the xml, i have forgotten to update this to reflect the fact that the daemon is now accessible from the LAN, i shall update this now.

Thanks binhex! I should have been more clear in my edit above: I actually got it to work - not sure what my original issue was, but using the account I explicitly added (kingmetal) and localhost:58846 I'm not connected to Deluge and CouchPotato is able to pause torrents when they are finished downloading and attempt to hard link / reseed. I say attempt because I am STILL getting file-not-found errors from Deluge after the torrents are moved and hard linked. I am still playing with the setup. I suspect that using the array as a download target might be part of the problem, but it also could be that CP has had it's config played with a bunch of times.

Either way, I doubt any of this has to do with your Dockers as much as my specific config! Thank you so much for your incredible support.

Plex used to be very stable for me, since the last couple of updates, if has been very unstable.  I even tried a fresh Docker install and essentially started over, and it's still seems strange.  My Plex server seems to disappear from time to time, and magically reappears.  Seems to freeze up also.

Has anyone else noticed anything odd in the last couple dockers updates ?

Plex used to be very stable for me, since the last couple of updates, if has been very unstable.  I even tried a fresh Docker install and essentially started over, and it's still seems strange.  My Plex server seems to disappear from time to time, and magically reappears.  Seems to freeze up also.

Has anyone else noticed anything odd in the last couple dockers updates ?

I had some of these symptoms until I told Plex to use a static port. I think be default it uses a random port number and attempts to use UPnP to get out to the Internet and talk to MyPlex, and the UI is confusing because the port is specified but a checkbox needs to be cleared to turn the port randomization off. This would only explain unavailability outside of your LAN, but just my 2 cents.