[ARCHIVE] binhex docker repository

It also can't create the incomplete folder under Downloads or other folders on the array.

What folder are you specifying in sab for incomplete? It should be something like /data/incomplete

I set the /data and /config like I posted here:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38055.msg387343#msg387343

That might be wrong though.

In the plugin of sabnzb I setup several categories which point to absolute paths like /mnt/user/Media/mkv

Would that work in the docker too?

I also setup my watched folder as /mnt/user/nzb. But I can't set it in docker sabnzb.

This is still not fixed. I guess I'll change docker as it's currently FITA and relying on some clowns par2 is a significant point of weakness.

I know you're frustrated, but the disrespect above is not appropriate.  We owe a LOT to the many developers out there that have lost so much 'blood, sweat and tears' and time, many many hours of it, creating the many tools we get so much benefit from.  Just as it's very frustrating to us trying to integrate so many tools and dependencies from so many developers into our system and life, so have they been very frustrated doing the same thing and trying to solve the issues by giving up so much of their time in creating or improving new and better tools, with little or no payback at all.

Sometimes we have to step back and remember both how much we benefit AND how little we pay for these benefits.

My hat's off to all of you developers, both those who create the tools and those who make them usable!

Just updated SAB via the docker and I'm getting the following error in SAB after downloading Processing was aborted (Cannot create final folder /MediaDL/Movies/filename....).

It was fine yesterday, I'm assuming this is an owners issue? Should I try resetting the owner of my SAB directory to nobody:users?

EDIT: That didn't do the trick.  Any suggestions?

2nd EDIT: I ran the 'New Permissions' script from the webgui/utility page and it fixed it. Still seems weird that this happened...hopefully this is the last of it.

crap!, think the change i did in the base to try and fix up the "nogroup" issue for user nobody is causing issues, ive reverted back, if you want to force the change then go to unraid docker ui, click on the icon and select "edit", then dont change anything but simply click on "save" button at the bottom to force the update, this should then fix the issue permanently.

my apologies guys, i did test this but looks like it slipped through.

New to unraid 6, therefore,  docker ?. It's so easy to install your containers.  Though I have question. Whole installing,  it asks for port mappings. Why does it have 2 ports by default? 8080 and 8090? Can I change ports?  E. G. Change 8080 to my usual 8081? And can I delete 8090?

@binhex

Is there a way for NZBGet to connect to VPN?

Right now, no as it would require some work to get nzbget to be correctly secured via the VPN tunnel.

Ah I see,

I think I will stick with NZBGet + VPN on a VM :)

im not saying it wont happen, just that its not "top of the pops" for me right now :-), needs a few interested parties also, trying to steer away from developing docker images for individuals, i hope you understand.

It also can't create the incomplete folder under Downloads or other folders on the array.

What folder are you specifying in sab for incomplete? It should be something like /data/incomplete

In the plugin of sabnzb I setup several categories which point to absolute paths like /mnt/user/Media/mkv

I also setup my watched folder as /mnt/user/nzb. But I can't set it in docker sabnzb.

ok so your screenshot looks fine, just make sure the cache share your using is marked as cache-only to prevent the mover moving the files/folders to the array.

ok so this is another fundamental difference between plugins and dockers, in a plugin you would configure the application to look at the array, so /mnt/user/Movies, in a dockerised application you dont, instead you use the "container volume" this is a virtual directory that sits off the root file system inside the running docker container.

for instance say you have the following defined in the settings for a docker applications:-

container volume                  host path

/movies                                /mnt/user/Movies

what this means is that in order to access your movie collection INSIDE the running container you would look at  the folder /movies and under there you would see other sub folders containing your movies, same goes for any other container volumes.

so coming back to sabnzbd, for this docker there are two volume mappings, so what you want to do is configure sabnzbd to use the /data container volumes to save downloaded data, if you dont define this then data will be saved INSIDE the container and will not be accessible. sabnzbd comes with the ability to drill down the file system so you should hopefully see what im talking about.

the structure is up to you, personally i have mine defined as follows:-

i3hzb6.png

New to unraid 6, therefore,  docker ?. It's so easy to install your containers.  Though I have question. Whole installing,  it asks for port mappings. Why does it have 2 ports by default? 8080 and 8090? Can I change ports?  E. G. Change 8080 to my usual 8081? And can I delete 8090?

8080 = http

8090 = https

you can change the "host port" NOT the "container port", so if you want to use port 8081 then set container port 8080 and host port 8081

yes you can delete one of the port mappings if you wish.

@binhex

Right now, no as it would require some work to get nzbget to be correctly secured via the VPN tunnel.

Ah I see,

im not saying it wont happen, just that its not "top of the pops" for me right now :-), needs a few interested parties also, trying to steer away from developing docker images for individuals, i hope you understand.

Bungy (jshridha) has already done a version of NZBGet with VPN functionality based on your deluge VPN. 

It works very well too.

Probably best not to duplicate effort....

@binhex

Ah I see,

Bungy (jshridha) has already done a version of NZBGet with VPN functionality based on your deluge VPN. 

It works very well too.

Probably best not to duplicate effort....

Ah yes he did!! Completely forgot about that :-)

ok so your screenshot looks fine, just make sure the cache share your using is marked as cache-only to prevent the mover moving the files/folders to the array.

ok so this is another fundamental difference between plugins and dockers, in a plugin you would configure the application to look at the array, so /mnt/user/Movies, in a dockerised application you dont, instead you use the "container volume" this is a virtual directory that sits off the root file system inside the running docker container.

for instance say you have the following defined in the settings for a docker applications:-

container volume                  host path

/movies                                /mnt/user/Movies

what this means is that in order to access your movie collection INSIDE the running container you would look at  the folder /movies and under there you would see other sub folders containing your movies, same goes for any other container volumes.

so coming back to sabnzbd, for this docker there are two volume mappings, so what you want to do is configure sabnzbd to use the /data container volumes to save downloaded data, if you dont define this then data will be saved INSIDE the container and will not be accessible. sabnzbd comes with the ability to drill down the file system so you should hopefully see what im talking about.

the structure is up to you, personally i have mine defined as follows:-

i3hzb6.png

So inside sab docker I also cant just browse to a share on the array which I use as my watched folder.  I had set up /mnt/user/nzb as watched folder for the plugin, I understand it was not the best solution, but it worked for mee.

A part of this configuration must be done in the docker gui.

I have to get used to another way of thinking. In a plugin it was more straight forward.

Let see how it goes with the Categories I have set up. Some point to relative paths others to absolute paths like /mnt/user/path. At least the plugin offered me that freedom.

Binhex, similarly,  i was able to install sickbeard successfully.  But want to change port to 8082, same procedure?

Furthermore,  why when clicking docker icon,  doesn't show me the Web gui of the app? Error.  Is it because of the change is port that I did?

Binhex,  others,  have a question regarding sickbeard docker container,  hope this is the right forum to ask.

I let sabnzbd handle post processing,  so it brings my downloads to right shares in the array.  I noticed under binhex's docker app,  it asks for sickbeard's download folder.  Why is there a need for this? Sickbeard searches for the show and passes it to SabNZBd. Therefore sabnzbd downloads. What is sickbeard's download folder for?

Binhex, similarly,  i was able to install sickbeard successfully.  But want to change port to 8082, same procedure?

yep, exactly the same procedure for ALL dockers

Furthermore,  why when clicking docker icon,  doesn't show me the Web gui of the app? Error.  Is it because of the change is port that I did?

yes this is because the webui link is set via the docker template (xml file), you can change this link however so it will work by clicking on the "advaned view" button top right and then scroll to the bottom and change the port number to match the host port your using.

Binhex,  others,  have a question regarding sickbeard docker container,  hope this is the right forum to ask.

I let sabnzbd handle post processing,  so it brings my downloads to right shares in the array.  I noticed under binhex's docker app,  it asks for sickbeard's download folder.  Why is there a need for this? Sickbeard searches for the show and passes it to SabNZBd. Therefore sabnzbd downloads. What is sickbeard's download folder for?

firstly not everybody lets sab do the post processing, most people let sickbeard handle it, and secondly some people may want to let sickbeard download the .torrent/.nzb files and drop them into the watched folder instead of having the hassle of defining the api to the downloader.

OK, newbie here I installed delugevpn docker and everything is good except I can't delete any of my downloads off the cache drive.

\mnt\cache\appdata\delugevpn\downloads\complete 

I need to be able to delete them because I don't want my cache drive filling up.

Any idea what I should do to fix this?

Thanks!

When I look at it more the docker offers the same flexibility as the plugin, just a little different. You have to keep in mind where you folders go/are and put more thought in it.

Binhex job well done, thanks for it. First, second and third steps on the path of dockers. I will get where I want eventually.

BTW, was there a reason to enable https per command-line parameter?

{bump}

Hello again all.  Hope this is not too much question for a day.  I just installed sabnzbd and sickbeard.  Under data folder, I have /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/.  Upon configuration of Sabnzbd, it shows Default Base Folder: /config, and temporary download folder as 'Downloads/incomplete', 'Downloads/complete'.  My question is, where does the downloads go?  Is it inside the sabnzbd inside the docker.img?  All I can see right now in my cache drive is docker.img.  Still sort of confused.  Would like to clarify some more details.  So sabnzbd is residing inside Docker?  So the folders mentioned above, such as Downloads/incomplete, Downloads/complete, will it also be inside docker.img?  Will this be moved by the mover script when downloads are kept inside the docker.img's sabnzbd folder?  While in the folders page of sabnzbd, how do you point it onto the cache drive itself? 

Sickbeard question:

I pointed my sickbeard's /media container volume to /mnt/user/Media/TV.  Will Media/TV folder be available inside sickbeard to be pointed to?  For manual post processing.  Will it be able to see my existing shows already? 

After making the change, it restarted, showing the following, but after which, I can no longer access sickbeard.  How to get this fixed?

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="binhex-sickbeard" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Asia/Singapore" -p 8082:8081/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/.sickbeard/":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/cache/.sickbeard/downloads/":"/data":rw -v "/mnt/user/Media/TV/":"/media":rw binhex/arch-sickbeard

4729cd10c9152521d964801175c8d77993631982a4df9be44e4f0fc53c3aa0ac

The command finished successfully!

I use container port 8081, and 8082 for host port.

First time setting up a Docker.  When using your Plex Media Server template, it lists a Container volume of /media by default that I can not delete.  What should I be using this for?  I don't have a Media share.  I have the following user share structure:

Videos

-Movies

-TV

-Stand-up Comedy

Music

So as you can see all my media is not lumped in under a single share.

First time setting up a Docker.  When using your Plex Media Server template, it lists a Container volume of /media by default that I can not delete.  What should I be using this for?  I don't have a Media share.  I have the following user share structure:

Videos

-Movies

-TV

-Stand-up Comedy

Music

/media is just a sample really. You can name new ones.

Add the following:

/tv                    /mnt/user/Videos/TV/

/movies            /mnt/user/Videos/Movies/

/standup          /mnt/user/Videos/Stand-up Comedy/

/music              /mnt/user/Music/

Then within Plex you can point it to /tv  /movies  /standup  /music  to find your media.

Videos

-Movies

-TV

-Stand-up Comedy

Music

/media is just a sample really. You can name new ones.

Add the following:

/tv                    /mnt/user/Videos/TV/

/movies            /mnt/user/Videos/Movies/

/standup          /mnt/user/Videos/Stand-up Comedy/

/music              /mnt/user/Music/

Then within Plex you can point it to /tv  /movies  /standup  /music  to find your media.

Thanks.  I figured it was a sample but it doesn't let me remove it so it's fine to just leave it there?

Videos

-Movies

-TV

-Stand-up Comedy

Music

if you have your music/videos/movies/tv spread into separate shares, as in fact i do also, then simply set the host path to "/mnt/user" for container volume /media then when configuring plex drill down the /media container volume to the media type you want to add, e.g. for movies section in plex add "/media/Videos/Movies"