[ARCHIVE] binhex docker repository

On Friday I upgraded from Unraid 5 to 6. Everything went pretty smoothly and I was happy to find the delugevpn docker. Thanks!

I've got it working with Sonarr, which is great, but is there a way to actually check what IP the VPN is actually reporting? I have the proxy going and checking that was easy and it's working fine.

I understand from other posts that Couchpotato doesn't work with delugevpn yet because of IP leaks? I can't get it to connect at all, I assume this is intentional?

Also, I haven't been able to get delugevpn to reseed anything I had seeding previously when I had unraid 5.

My movies are in a /mnt/user/Movies/MovieTitle (Year) structure. I have done a volume mapping of /films to /mnt/user/Movies/ so that I can just add the old torrents, as not downloading and paused, with a /films/MovieTitle (Year) path. Deluge turns the icon blue, says Seeding 100%, but the size doesn't report and I've had no upload activity on those re-added torrents at all. I've tried Move Storage in various ways with no success and Force Recheck doesn't seem to do anything at all. If I go to the Files tab (at the bottom) and change the priority to Normal from Do Not Download, it starts downloading, so I know delugevpn isn't seeing that the file is actually there.

The logs don't seem to show anything obvious, but I'm hardly an expert with unraid and I could be missing something. It might be a path issue as I have just been guessing how it might be. I've tried it as many ways as I could think of. Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?

Hi Sol, Binhex,

Was a solution for this, I have the same issue. On my "standard" server Deluge (No docker) and Openvpn seeds at max upload bandwith but in the docker it trickles very slowly. What could this be?

this is most probably due to incorrectly defined incoming port, keep in mind you will need to use the incoming port as defined by your VPN provider, not the port forward for your router, this maybe static or it maybe dynamic so you will need to work this out. if your using vpn provider PIA then this is automatically set for you, if your using PIA then please post your log so i can try and diagnose the issue further.

A Tiny request - could we fix the image for Sonarr pretty please :-)

No doubt I will be back shortly asking lots of other N00b questions!

im going to need a bit more info than that :-), i wasnt aware it was broken, what are you seeing that makes you think its broken, can you post your supervisord.log, please give me as much info as possible, the more info i have the more chance i have of fixing any potential issues.

ahh ok that makes more sense, so your using another user account and thus need the last octet set. ok i can put in some code that should force couchpotato to use umask 000, not sure if this is the underlying issue or not but it wont hurt, watch out for an updated image.

Thanks binhex, downloaded the update, works a treat now! Much appreciated.

I'm finally biting the bullet and will shortly be upgrading from 5.0.6 to 6.1.3. Part of the prep is ensuring I've got a planned upgrade path for everything, and Subsonic is a biggie.

I've been running Subsonic for years and have paid for a license. If I switch to Madsonic, will I lose anything that I get with the paid Subsonic server? What will I gain (other than a handy pre-built docker package)?

Hope you don't mind me asking here, but I've got one kid in the Army and another in college, but they're still relying on dear ol' dad to keep 'em entertained.

Thanks!

Oh, one other question: will the Subsonic Android apps connect to a Madsonic server, or do I have to use their app?

Is it possible to use nzbtomedia with the nzbget docker?  I couldn't see where it was installed if it is.  I thought this was now included with nzbget.

thanks

david

hi, im not sure it is included, i had a quick google search and cant find any documentation to back this up. if you want to manually install nzbtomedia then there are instructions on this here:-

https://github.com/clinton-hall/nzbToMedia/wiki/nzbget

make sure to download and unzip the scripts to "/data/scripts" host volume mapping you should then be able to see them as available in the nzbget webui, littke bit more on this:-

Option ScriptDir defines the location of extension scripts. To make a script available in NZBGet put the script into this directory. Then go to settings tab in web-interface (if you were already on settings tab switch to downloads tab and then back to settings tab to reread the list of available scripts from the disk).

Menu at the left of page should list all extension scripts found in ScriptDir. Select a script to review or change its options (if it has any).

I was reading on how to setup nzbtomedia and nzbget it said that they were already included.  Apparently this is not correct, but I was able to get them installed just like you said.

thanks,

david

Is it possible to use nzbtomedia with the nzbget docker?  I couldn't see where it was installed if it is.  I thought this was now included with nzbget.

thanks

david

hi, im not sure it is included, i had a quick google search and cant find any documentation to back this up. if you want to manually install nzbtomedia then there are instructions on this here:-

https://github.com/clinton-hall/nzbToMedia/wiki/nzbget

make sure to download and unzip the scripts to "/data/scripts" host volume mapping you should then be able to see them as available in the nzbget webui, littke bit more on this:-

Option ScriptDir defines the location of extension scripts. To make a script available in NZBGet put the script into this directory. Then go to settings tab in web-interface (if you were already on settings tab switch to downloads tab and then back to settings tab to reread the list of available scripts from the disk).

Menu at the left of page should list all extension scripts found in ScriptDir. Select a script to review or change its options (if it has any).

im going to need a bit more info than that :-), i wasnt aware it was broken, what are you seeing that makes you think its broken, can you post your supervisord.log, please give me as much info as possible, the more info i have the more chance i have of fixing any potential issues.

NP everything else works perfectly - Deluge VPn, SABnxb etc anyhows

1 - Screenshot

2 - Another Screenshot

3 - the log is to big to post let me go try something else...

1.jpg.c4b64f6baf24388325c7b77e288e0ad6.jpg

Can someone confirm that their delugevpn plug-ins stay enabled on docker restarts? I'm having an issue where I check and configure the extractor and label plug-in on the deluge webui preferences, and they are unchecked on restart. I'd like confirmation that it either works as designed for others and something at my end is broken, or that it doesn't work for anyone and isn't going to work for me until something is changed in the docker.

Can someone confirm that their delugevpn plug-ins stay enabled on docker restarts? I'm having an issue where I check and configure the extractor and label plug-in on the deluge webui preferences, and they are unchecked on restart. I'd like confirmation that it either works as designed for others and something at my end is broken, or that it doesn't work for anyone and isn't going to work for me until something is changed in the docker.

I do not have any problem with either the extractor or label plugins on a restart.  The only issue i will have every once in a while is the extractor plugin will loose the check-mark next to Create torrent name sub-folder but the actual plugins survive and are active on reboot

NP everything else works perfectly - Deluge VPn, SABnxb etc anyhows

1 - Screenshot

2 - Another Screenshot

3 - the log is to big to post let me go try something else...

;D ok so when you say there is a problem with the image, you mean the icon, ahh i now understand, i would try and not use the phrase image in future, as the word image is used a lot to signify the created docker application :-), thus the confusion.

ive seen a missing icon a few times and its a bug somewhere in dockerman, for some reason it doesnt always copy across the icon and thus you get the ugly broken icon symbol, i can confirm the icon does exist and is correct in the xml and does indeed show up on my system. you can try a reboot of your system, that should force it to copy the icon to the correct location.

Hey there, love your work!  Especially on the deluge-vpn integration.

I was having trouble connecting to the daemon from my PC, and noticed in the iptable script that the port for remote connection the daemon isn't opened.  The result is that when the VPN is enabled, I can't connect to the daemon from the PC (I can connect fine when the VPN is disabled -- confirming authentication, etc is setup right)

Use case:

A bunch of plugins don't have a webUI, and must be configured using the "real" client.  The general recommendation on how to accomplish this is to run deluge as a thin-client on your PC and connect to the server.  With the way it's set up, only docker-to-docker communications (??) are allowed on port 58846 when the VPN is up.

Could you add similar forwarding in the iptables script as is used for the webUI port to allow access to the daemon from other LAN devices?

E.g.:

# accept input to deluge daemon port 58846
iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 58846 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --sport 58846 -j ACCEPT

[...]

# accept output from deluge daemon port 58846  (used when tunnel down)
iptables -A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp --dport 58846 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp --sport 58846 -j ACCEPT

# accept output from deluge daemon port 58846 (used when tunnel up)
iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 58846  -j MARK --set-mark 3
iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -p tcp --sport 58846 -j MARK --set-mark 3

(not 100% sure on the 'mark 3' part)

Thanks!

I was having trouble connecting to the daemon from my PC, and noticed in the iptable script that the port for remote connection the daemon isn't opened.  The result is that when the VPN is enabled, I can't connect to the daemon from the PC (I can connect fine when the VPN is disabled -- confirming authentication, etc is setup right)

Use case:

A bunch of plugins don't have a webUI, and must be configured using the "real" client.  The general recommendation on how to accomplish this is to run deluge as a thin-client on your PC and connect to the server.  With the way it's set up, only docker-to-docker communications (??) are allowed on port 58846 when the VPN is up.

Could you add similar forwarding in the iptables script as is used for the webUI port to allow access to the daemon from other LAN devices?

E.g.:

[...]

Thanks!

yeah ive had a few stabs at trying to get this to work in he past but been frustrated with iptables blocking. you have spurred me on to take another swing at this and i eventually stumbled across the right entries to allow this to work. i have gone with a stricter approach than the above, simply because i want to limit the ability for the deluge daemon to talk to anything outside of your own lan, and thus reduce the chance of ip leakage of your isp ip.

so firstly pull down the new image then if you define the "LAN_RANGE" env variable e.g.:-

192.168.1.1-192.168.1.100

then you should be able to talk to the deluge daemon from any ip in that range, give it a try and let me know how you get on

Use case:

E.g.:

[...]

Thanks!

yeah ive had a few stabs at trying to get this to work in he past but been frustrated with iptables blocking. you have spurred me on to take another swing at this and i eventually stumbled across the right entries to allow this to work. i have gone with a stricter approach than the above, simply because i want to limit the ability for the deluge daemon to talk to anything outside of your own lan, and thus reduce the chance of ip leakage of your isp ip.

so firstly pull down the new image then if you define the "LAN_RANGE" env variable e.g.:-

192.168.1.1-192.168.1.100

then you should be able to talk to the deluge daemon from any ip in that range, give it a try and let me know how you get on

Just tried this out, and it's working! I've been following this thread hoping this would eventually work. Thanks so much binhex.

Hi! I'm having some issues with DelugeVPN. I have it setup so when a torrent finishes downloading it is move to a "Completed" folder. My problem is that when a torrent finishes, it will cause all of the other torrents to stop downloading for a little while(About a minute maybe). Do you think this is possibly a problem with me not having a cache drive? Is there any log I can look at to see what's happening exactly? The log you can pull up from the unRaid webUI when clicking on the docker does not show anything when the torrents all pause. Any ideas on how to fix this would be great! Thanks!

I'm having a problem with btguard.  I tried to search but I'm not finding the right info.

I am using deluge and I had btguard working and then I removed the container to change things up as I was learning my way around shares etc.  now my btguard test torrent says my ip is not being protected.  I tried removing all files from app data and reinstalling every different docker image of deluge to no avail.  Is there maybe something that is getting left over somewhere besides the appdata folder?

any thought?

asrock extreme 11ac

i7 4770

wd green 4tb x 3

crucial 500gb sad cache x 2

corsair voyager 16gb flash

dockers - plexpass + deluge

Hi! I'm having some issues with DelugeVPN. I have it setup so when a torrent finishes downloading it is move to a "Completed" folder. My problem is that when a torrent finishes, it will cause all of the other torrents to stop downloading for a little while(About a minute maybe). Do you think this is possibly a problem with me not having a cache drive? Is there any log I can look at to see what's happening exactly? The log you can pull up from the unRaid webUI when clicking on the docker does not show anything when the torrents all pause. Any ideas on how to fix this would be great! Thanks!

I believe that this is how Deluge works and hasn’t anything to do with cache drive or not. Have you seen it behave differently on any other platform like Windows for example?

Hi Sol, Binhex,

Was a solution for this, I have the same issue. On my "standard" server Deluge (No docker) and Openvpn seeds at max upload bandwith but in the docker it trickles very slowly. What could this be?

this is most probably due to incorrectly defined incoming port, keep in mind you will need to use the incoming port as defined by your VPN provider, not the port forward for your router, this maybe static or it maybe dynamic so you will need to work this out. if your using vpn provider PIA then this is automatically set for you, if your using PIA then please post your log so i can try and diagnose the issue further.

Binhex, I have tried the settings from my VPN provider but it didn't make any difference. It is quite peculiar, the speed is great while I am downloading, I am maxing my download and sometimes upload speed, but as soon as I am finished and I get to seeding only, then everything stops. Very very weird

OK, updated to Plexpass and it says I need to update to 0.9.12.18 manually, i'm currently running 0.9.12.17.  Any idea??  Is that just because you didn't update the docker yet?

Restart the Plex Docker container and check if it updates. If not, you need to wait for the maintainer of the container to update to the latest version. See FAQ in first post.