[ARCHIVE] binhex docker repository

Hi, I'm trying to get the DelugeVPN container working and am having trouble accessing the deluge webui from another box on my LAN.

I have a box on my LAN at 192.168.0.5 set as blue.local via Avahi. I run all my things there: sickbeard, couchpotato, sabnzbd. All as docker containers. These all work well, I can open their respective web UIs from any box on my LAN at blue.local:PORT.

I downloaded your image from https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-delugevpn/ and am running it with

docker run --rm \
  --cap-add=NET_ADMIN \
  --publish 8112:8112 \
  --publish 8118:8118 \
  --name deluge \
  --volume /mnt/media:/media \
  --volume /data/deluge:/data \
  --volume /data/deluge:/config \
  --env-file /data/deluge/environment \
  binhex/arch-delugevpn

The environment file specifies:

VPN_PROV=custom
VPN_USER=xxx
VPN_PASS=xxx
VPN_REMOTE=ch1.vpn.giganews.com
VPN_PORT=1194
VPN_ENABLED=yes
ENABLE_PRIVOXY=no
LAN_RANGE=192.168.0.0-192.168.0.200

After some permissions and configuration tweaks it's running well now, insofar as I can access it at localhost:8112.

However, I cannot access it from any box on my LAN (including itself) at blue.local:8112 or 192.168.0.5:8112. The connection times out.

I'm pretty sure it's the iptables configuration blocking the traffic, but I can't seem to open it up.

My google always lands on allow_remote and/or this LAN_RANGE settings; but I'm pretty sure that's all targeted at opening access to the daemon, not the webui.

So, how can I enable access to the webui from other boxes on my LAN?

Has anyone been able to get delugevpn to work with SlickVPN? That's the VPN provider I am using, but I'm not sure if my problem has anything to do with that.

I've attached my supervisord.log file.

Basically, the docker works fine when VPN_ENABLED=no, but when I set it to yes, nothing works. I cannot contact the Deluge daemon and webgui at all, although it seems as if they are running according to the log file. I keep getting a "write UDPv4: Operation not permitted (code=1)" error over and over.

Any help would be much appreciated!

And here is my ovpn file:

# host/port of vpn server
remote gw1.yyz1.slickvpn.com 443 udp

# file containing username and password
# ... or prompt for authentication
auth-user-pass credentials.conf

# equivalent to pull, tls-client
client

# redirect all outgoing traffic to the vpn gateway
redirect-gateway

# verify the server certificate for authenticity
remote-cert-tls server

cipher AES-256-CBC

dev tun
keepalive 10 120
nobind

persist-key
persist-tun

verb 3

# certificate revocation list for invalid server certs
crl-verify certs/crl.pem

<ca>
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
<Certificate hidden>
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
</ca>

Did you ever get a reply to this ?  I am testing with tigervpn (www.tigervpn.com) and get exactly the same issue.  the messages are continuous ; and no ability to see the gui

The opvn config works as can test using a mac openvpn client all fine. 

At a loss here

supervisor.log.txt

Hi, I'm trying to get the DelugeVPN container working and am having trouble accessing the deluge webui from another box on my LAN.

I have a box on my LAN at 192.168.0.5 set as blue.local via Avahi. I run all my things there: sickbeard, couchpotato, sabnzbd. All as docker containers. These all work well, I can open their respective web UIs from any box on my LAN at blue.local:PORT.

I downloaded your image from https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-delugevpn/ and am running it with

docker run --rm \
  --cap-add=NET_ADMIN \
  --publish 8112:8112 \
  --publish 8118:8118 \
  --name deluge \
  --volume /mnt/media:/media \
  --volume /data/deluge:/data \
  --volume /data/deluge:/config \
  --env-file /data/deluge/environment \
  binhex/arch-delugevpn

The environment file specifies:

VPN_PROV=custom
VPN_USER=xxx
VPN_PASS=xxx
VPN_REMOTE=ch1.vpn.giganews.com
VPN_PORT=1194
VPN_ENABLED=yes
ENABLE_PRIVOXY=no
LAN_RANGE=192.168.0.0-192.168.0.200

After some permissions and configuration tweaks it's running well now, insofar as I can access it at localhost:8112.

However, I cannot access it from any box on my LAN (including itself) at blue.local:8112 or 192.168.0.5:8112. The connection times out.

I'm pretty sure it's the iptables configuration blocking the traffic, but I can't seem to open it up.

My google always lands on allow_remote and/or this LAN_RANGE settings; but I'm pretty sure that's all targeted at opening access to the daemon, not the webui.

So, how can I enable access to the webui from other boxes on my LAN?

the webui should be accessible from any host on your lan, its def not related to iptables, possibly your host is blocking it perhaps, have you tried specifying another port on the host side and see if you can connect to that?.

Has anyone been able to get delugevpn to work with SlickVPN? That's the VPN provider I am using, but I'm not sure if my problem has anything to do with that.

Basically, the docker works fine when VPN_ENABLED=no, but when I set it to yes, nothing works. I cannot contact the Deluge daemon and webgui at all, although it seems as if they are running according to the log file. I keep getting a "write UDPv4: Operation not permitted (code=1)" error over and over.

client

redirect-gateway

remote-cert-tls server

cipher AES-256-CBC

dev tun
keepalive 10 120
nobind

persist-key
persist-tun

verb 3

crl-verify certs/crl.pem

<ca>
<Certificate hidden>
</ca>

Did you ever get a reply to this ?  I am testing with tigervpn (www.tigervpn.com) and get exactly the same issue.  the messages are continuous ; and no ability to see the gui

At a loss here

think ive spotted whats going on, differences in how the protocol is defined in the ovpn file between providers, please can you pull down the latest image and give it a whirl

hi there,

got a very curious and interesting syslog error today in unraid, and it's from me running a convert & sync to mobile from plex.

I had never done this before, but was on the go this morning to work an wanted to take the episode with me since I take the subway commuting and thus have no consistent service.

So the original file is 1.7GB, converted down to 720p 2Mb/sec... and got it down to 400ish megs, and while doing so, unraid through this up on syslog:

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU0: Core temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 1)

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU3: Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 1)

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU1: Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 1)

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU2: Core temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 1)

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU2: Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 1)

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU0: Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 1)

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU0: Core temperature/speed normal

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU2: Core temperature/speed normal

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU1: Package temperature/speed normal

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU3: Package temperature/speed normal

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU2: Package temperature/speed normal

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU0: Package temperature/speed normal

Dec 8 08:02:12 MediaNAS kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged

Now, I don't have any core temp plugins or temperature plugins running, so the only temps that I know about and ever see are disk, so this is completely new to me, but if I don't have any cpu temp checking plugins, how does unraid even know what setting I would have, or what setting is considered too high?

Should this even be happening at all? I mean with plex running, I rarely see any cpu usage spikes or anything like that normally running a single stream, so what would've made this send this to syslog?  Converting the file took all of 3minutes.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm not even sure if this should be in this thread, but since it's plex related, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this (no such cpu settings within plex so I'm not really sure what could even be done.)

As for the NAS specs, they're far from entering the danger zone of getting an error like this:

GIGABYTE GA-H97N-WIFI LGA 1150 Intel H97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i3-4130 Haswell Dual-Core 3.4 GHz

Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600

got a very curious and interesting syslog error today in unraid, and it's from me running a convert & sync to mobile from plex.

I had never done this before, but was on the go this morning to work an wanted to take the episode with me since I take the subway commuting and thus have no consistent service.

So the original file is 1.7GB, converted down to 720p 2Mb/sec... and got it down to 400ish megs, and while doing so, unraid through this up on syslog:

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU0: Core temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 1)

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU3: Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 1)

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU1: Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 1)

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU2: Core temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 1)

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU2: Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 1)

Dec 8 07:58:19 MediaNAS kernel: CPU0: Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 1)

Dec 8 08:02:12 MediaNAS kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged

Now, I don't have any core temp plugins or temperature plugins running, so the only temps that I know about and ever see are disk, so this is completely new to me, but if I don't have any cpu temp checking plugins, how does unraid even know what setting I would have, or what setting is considered too high?

Should this even be happening at all? I mean with plex running, I rarely see any cpu usage spikes or anything like that normally running a single stream, so what would've made this send this to syslog?  Converting the file took all of 3minutes.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm not even sure if this should be in this thread, but since it's plex related, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this (no such cpu settings within plex so I'm not really sure what could even be done.)

As you can see from your syslog excerpt, the messages are coming directly from the kernel, the Linux kernel itself, not from any plugin, and not from the unRAID modules.  And you can see you have a quad core CPU chip, with 4 CPU cores, and each has a core temperature sensor and a package sensor.  6 of them went off, indicating temps too hot.  Since these sensors are on the chip itself, you can't change their settings, they're set by Intel.  The MCE is almost certainly related to the temp event, unless you are regularly getting them.

This could happen to any CPU under load, if the CPU fan breaks/quits, or the thermal paste/pad was not correctly applied, or is no longer working correctly (rough handling of the CPU cooler?).

As you can see from your syslog excerpt, the messages are coming directly from the kernel, the Linux kernel itself, not from any plugin, and not from the unRAID modules.  And you can see you have a quad core CPU chip, with 4 CPU cores, and each has a core temperature sensor and a package sensor.  6 of them went off, indicating temps too hot.  Since these sensors are on the chip itself, you can't change their settings, they're set by Intel.  The MCE is almost certainly related to the temp event, unless you are regularly getting them.

This could happen to any CPU under load, if the CPU fan breaks/quits, or the thermal paste/pad was not correctly applied, or is no longer working correctly (rough handling of the CPU cooler?).

Never come across it before, and never seen the ever in the months I've been using unraid.  I'll definitely take a look inside and see if there are any issues with the fan/cooling, but I haven't moved the case in weeks.  This is also the first time I've ever done this sync/convert to mobile thru plex before, so I have no idea whether this was a fluke or not, but hoping someone else has come across this under the similar circumstances.

I'm having trouble connecting by sabnzbdvpn to my nzbd megasearch.  both running in docker containers.

I need to get from my sabnzbd container to my nzbd megaserach container on port 5000, it seems to go via the vpn tunnel and i want it to just go locally. 

Does anyone know how to set that up?

here's the iptables output and routing table.

[root@e81621945f93 /]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
target     prot opt source               destination
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp spt:openvpn
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:http-alt
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp spt:http-alt
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:8090
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp spt:8090
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp spt:domain
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere             icmp echo-reply

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy DROP)
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:openvpn
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:http-alt
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp spt:http-alt
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:8090
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp spt:8090
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere             icmp echo-request

[root@e81621945f93 /]# route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
default         10.107.1.5      128.0.0.0       UG    0      0        0 tun0
default         172.17.42.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0
10.107.1.1      10.107.1.5      255.255.255.255 UGH   0      0        0 tun0
10.107.1.5      *               255.255.255.255 UH    0      0        0 tun0
104.238.169.92  172.17.42.1     255.255.255.255 UGH   0      0        0 eth0
128.0.0.0       10.107.1.5      128.0.0.0       UG    0      0        0 tun0
172.17.0.0      *               255.255.0.0     U     0      0        0 eth0

[root@e81621945f93 /]# telnet 192.168.0.253 5000
Trying 192.168.0.253...
<hangs>

[root@e81621945f93 /]# tracepath 192.168.0.253
1?: [LOCALHOST]                                         pmtu 1500
1:  10.107.1.1                                           47.654ms
1:  10.107.1.1                                           47.968ms
2:  no reply

megasearch works fine from my browser which is on the same subnet.

Hi guys - I have an issue with minidlna - essentially that when you add a multi artist album - it shows the album multiple times for each artists.

This seems to have been recognized and fixed as bug - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=734383

I just wondered if the current version had the big fix in?

Thanks

Stuart

hi, sorry for the delay in responding, real life has been keeping me busy as of late!. ok so we are running the latest stable version of minidlna, which as of now is 1.1.5, looking at the bug report you linked to this looks like they patched this in a early version of 1.1.4, so i would be fairly confident this bug has been fixed, or at least the patch was included in 1.1.5. If you still seeing the issue then i would encourage you to add some comments to the bug report detailing what version of minidlna your running and give them as much detail as possible and see what they say.

I'm having trouble connecting by sabnzbdvpn to my nzbd megasearch.  both running in docker containers.

first question, are both of these containers running on the same host?, and is the host running unraid (just double checking here). If both containers ARE running on the same host then they should be able to communicate, as i have put in an iptables entry to allow docker to docker communication. If they are running on different hosts then you will need to define the new LAN_RANGE environment variable i recently fixed up to allow communication across your LAN.

]In delugevpn, today i was trying to selectively choose what i wanted to d/load in a torrent file but was unable to.

I would highlight the torrent, then navigate to the files tab, then right click on the file i did not want and choose "dont downlaod".  Although nothing would happen, two either priority settings do not work either.

Running lastest as of today.

edit

some errors I noticed in the docker logs

2015-12-21 10:33:44,636 DEBG 'webui' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 10:33:44 client:391 RPCError Message Received!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RPCRequest: label.set_torrent(None, tv)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 299, in dispatch
ret = self.factory.methods[method](*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Label-0.2-py2.7.egg/label/core.py", line 317, in set_torrent
CheckInput(torrent_id in self.torrents , _("Unknown Torrent"))
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Label-0.2-py2.7.egg/label/core.py", line 88, in CheckInput
raise Exception(message)

Exception: Unknown Torrent

2015-12-21 10:33:48,643 DEBG 'webui' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 10:33:48 client:391 RPCError Message Received!
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 299, in dispatch
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Label-0.2-py2.7.egg/label/core.py", line 317, in set_torrent
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Label-0.2-py2.7.egg/label/core.py", line 88, in CheckInput
raise Exception(message)

2015-12-21 10:49:19,547 DEBG 'webui' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 10:49:19 client:391 RPCError Message Received!
raise Exception(message)

2015-12-21 10:49:23,571 DEBG 'webui' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 10:49:23 client:391 RPCError Message Received!
raise Exception(message)

2015-12-21 11:05:24,896 DEBG 'webui' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 11:05:24 client:391 RPCError Message Received!
raise Exception(message)

2015-12-21 11:05:28,914 DEBG 'webui' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 11:05:28 client:391 RPCError Message Received!
raise Exception(message)

2015-12-21 11:21:23,280 DEBG 'webui' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 11:21:23 client:391 RPCError Message Received!
raise Exception(message)

2015-12-21 11:21:27,299 DEBG 'webui' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 11:21:27 client:391 RPCError Message Received!
raise Exception(message)

2015-12-21 11:22:24,017 DEBG 'deluge' stdout output:
[info] Deluge incoming port 20332

2015-12-21 11:22:24,465 DEBG 'deluge' stdout output:
[info] PIA incoming port 20332

2015-12-21 11:37:19,468 DEBG 'webui' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 11:37:19 client:391 RPCError Message Received!
raise Exception(message)

2015-12-21 11:37:23,493 DEBG 'webui' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 11:37:23 client:391 RPCError Message Received!
raise Exception(message)

2015-12-21 11:53:18,803 DEBG 'webui' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 11:53:18 client:391 RPCError Message Received!
raise Exception(message)

2015-12-21 11:53:22,819 DEBG 'webui' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 11:53:22 client:391 RPCError Message Received!
raise Exception(message)

]In delugevpn, today i was trying to selectively choose what i wanted to d/load in a torrent file but was unable to.

I would highlight the torrent, then navigate to the files tab, then right click on the file i did not want and choose "dont downlaod".  Although nothing would happen, two either priority settings do not work either.

This has worked fine for me for a long time.  I just checked again, and it's still working for me.  It must be something on your system, FWIW.

first question, are both of these containers running on the same host?, and is the host running unraid (just double checking here). If both containers ARE running on the same host then they should be able to communicate, as i have put in an iptables entry to allow docker to docker communication. If they are running on different hosts then you will need to define the new LAN_RANGE environment variable i recently fixed up to allow communication across your LAN.

yes, both on same host.  I've also put 192.168.0.1-192.168.0.255 as the LAN_RANGE variable but it doesn't appear in the routing table.  Other containers can contact sabnzbdvpn on its public host port, it's just that sabnzbd cannot connect outbound to a host port (to connect to nzbmegasearch).  does LAN_RANGE work in sab, i thought it was just deluge per the notes?

This has worked fine for me for a long time.  I just checked again, and it's still working for me.  It must be something on your system, FWIW.

The thing though, being as dockers are all the same, how could it be something on my end?  The program runs, been running for the past couple of months, I'm just connecting to the program from the webui.  I seems to me that the webui and the program aren't talking to eachother properly.

Just checked and all torrents cannot be modified.

I'm not sure, I kind of look at it the other way; all dockers are the same, so if it's working on my system, it works, so it must be something on your end which isn't working.  With that said, I'm not sure what that might be, but I'd look at any ad blockers, ghostery, etc.  I suspect it's something to do with your browser not letting you change/adjust the settings on the GUI.

I use Firefox

Maybe hold shift then click refresh and see if clearing the browser helps.

client

redirect-gateway

remote-cert-tls server

cipher AES-256-CBC

dev tun
keepalive 10 120
nobind

persist-key
persist-tun

verb 3

crl-verify certs/crl.pem

<ca>
<Certificate hidden>
</ca>

At a loss here

think ive spotted whats going on, differences in how the protocol is defined in the ovpn file between providers, please can you pull down the latest image and give it a whirl

I've got the exact same problem with frost vpn. no access to web gui with vpn enabled.

Any ideas?

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote ams2-nl.frostvpn.com 8080 # - FrostVPN Server and OpenVPN Port
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
tun-mtu 1500
tun-mtu-extra 32
mssfix 1450
persist-key
persist-tun
auth-user-pass
comp-lzo
reneg-sec 0
verb 3
remote-cert-tls server
cipher BF-CBC
<ca>
cert removed
</ca>

Hi binhex, massive thanks for all your work on these great containers.

If you have a little spare time, would it be possible to have a look into creating a container for Jackett: https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett ?

Sdesbure, http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=41543.0  created one a while back but hasnt been updated in nearly 2 month.

If not, thanks anyway for all your hard work.

I just tried to make some changes to my SickRage installation, and discovered I couldn't actually connect to the docker.  I tried restarting the docker, changing the port number, and a few other things, but I still get connection failed.

I've since removed the docker container and image, and am currently re-downloading the docker.

I just thought I'd post here to see if anyone else is having any issues with SickRage.

** Download and reinstall did not fix the issue.  SickRage is still un-connectable.

I just installed  delugevpn through docker and for some reason I cannot open it in webui, anyone else having the same/similar issue or know how to solve the issue?

The webui is not available until the VPN connection is fully established. If you have an error in your VPN configuration, it won't come up. Set VPN_ENABLED to no and see if it starts, if so, then there is something wrong with your VPN settings.

I just installed  delugevpn through docker and for some reason I cannot open it in webui, anyone else having the same/similar issue or know how to solve the issue?

The webui is not available until the VPN connection is fully established. If you have an error in your VPN configuration, it won't come up. Set VPN_ENABLED to no and see if it starts, if so, then there is something wrong with your VPN settings.

sorry for the noob question but how can I set up openvpn if I can't log into webui? could I just drop my PIA OVPN file in the \delugevpn\openvpn\ folder?