[ARCHIVE] binhex docker repository

I kinda lost track of this conversation here - to me, it makes no sense to have 1 thread per publisher, wouldnt 1 thread per image be better??

indeed, growing pains im afraid, when i started out this wasnt really necessary but i think the time has probably come for me to split this out into separate threads, just gotta try and find time to do it, which is a challenge right now for me.

i created my own docker which implements what i needed - basically, it's get_iplayer pulled ppa:jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer and with apache running the web pvr. You can find it here: https://hub.docker.com/r/mnbf9rca/getiplayer

I've made it so that the list of already recorded files and the PVR searches are stored outside the container for persistence. The programme cache is updated every hour, and you can add radio, tv and podcasts. The PVR runs every 6 hours.

looks good, im glad you came up with a working docker image, im afraid right now this isnt going to be top of the list of things to do for me, so for the time being the iplayer docker i have created will stay as it is, i can confirm it works fine though, its not as flashy as your version, but works very robustly for me and has been for some time. I may well revisit this and take a good trawl through your code to see what you did, so i appreciate you sharing.

Two quick Plex docker Qs

1) Is Plex stable? I see a lot of Linux Plex installs needing to be monitored with Monit to keep the PMS up all the time. Is this dockerised Plex stable?

2) Size? Forgive me but I don't follow how Docker works. If Plex is a BIG install with Library will this not either cause the Docker image to grow (can it??) or overload? I'm on Windows and my Plex library is pretty large. Researching how unRAID works before switching.

1) Is Plex stable? I see a lot of Linux Plex installs needing to be monitored with Monit to keep the PMS up all the time. Is this dockerised Plex stable?

in my personal experience it's extremely stable, i havent seen the plex container crash yet, so i would say its as stable as a "traditional" install of plex

2) Size? Forgive me but I don't follow how Docker works. If Plex is a BIG install with Library will this not either cause the Docker image to grow (can it??) or overload? I'm on Windows and my Plex library is pretty large. Researching how unRAID works before switching.

ok so yes the docker container would get large if you stored the plex library in the container, but we dont do that, instead we use volume mappings to store the plex library outside of the container, as far as plex is concerned it looks like it writing to a local file system, but in reality its writing to somewhere else, that somewhere else could be your cache drive or even your array, although writing to the array would mean you would have a lot/all of your drives spinning which would be inefficient, so most people use a dedicated cache drive for this, usually a SSD.

Going to ask this again cause I think it got lost in the fray during the vpn issue.

I have a Mylar docker that I am trying to have communicate with sab and it looks like Mylar is able to send info to sab, but when sab then tries to retrieve the nzb from Mylar its never able to connect.  I was wondering if like the delugevpn container it needs a lan range option to communicate and if that is the case can it be added?

binhex - A gentle reminder again on sabnzbdvpn. This docker is still not working, tried to create a fresh install and get the same error. Can you please see whether the rollback to previous version actually worked? Thanks!

Happy new year all!, as you all spotted i dived in and applied the roll-back of the packages to keep things going whilst we wait for a real fix to the issue. I have also decided on a new years resolution, and that is to tag every release i do so that we can more easily go back to the previous build if things go bad, ive kinda shied away from doing this as it does mean extra manual work, but ive been bitten twice now with other packages causing issues so im going to start implementing this from now.

I have applied the roll-back to deluge as well as delugevpn, so please download the latest image if your still seeing issues.

It did work for myself.  Running since the last update.

binhex - A gentle reminder again on sabnzbdvpn. This docker is still not working, tried to create a fresh install and get the same error. Can you please see whether the rollback to previous version actually worked? Thanks!

Happy new year all!, as you all spotted i dived in and applied the roll-back of the packages to keep things going whilst we wait for a real fix to the issue. I have also decided on a new years resolution, and that is to tag every release i do so that we can more easily go back to the previous build if things go bad, ive kinda shied away from doing this as it does mean extra manual work, but ive been bitten twice now with other packages causing issues so im going to start implementing this from now.

I have applied the roll-back to deluge as well as delugevpn, so please download the latest image if your still seeing issues.

It did? Are you referring to sabnzbdvpn? I deleted the container and image (twice!), and started afresh with a completely new install. The docker starts but I cannot connect to it and I see 'privoxy' related errors. Can you please check?

It did work for myself.  Running since the last update.

My error, thought you were talking about delugevpn.  I just run reg sab, never saw the need to have my news run through a vpn as I'm only d/lding.

It did? Are you referring to sabnzbdvpn? I deleted the container and image (twice!), and started afresh with a completely new install. The docker starts but I cannot connect to it and I see 'privoxy' related errors. Can you please check?

Oh okay, thanks for checking. I use the VPN version since some newsnet aggregators are do not support SSL (downloading API's). It just gives me the confidence running the VPN version of SABnzbd and there is no/negligible hit in downloading speeds for me.

So SABnzbdVPN still has the connection issues and need to be rolled back to previous version.

My error, thought you were talking about delugevpn.  I just run reg sab, never saw the need to have my news run through a vpn as I'm only d/lding.

Also, most news providers support ssl connections, so traffic is obfuscated anyway if you use ssl.

Oh okay, thanks for checking. I use the VPN version since some newsnet aggregators are do not support SSL (downloading API's). It just gives me the confidence running the VPN version of SABnzbd and there is no/negligible hit in downloading speeds for me.

So SABnzbdVPN still has the connection issues and need to be rolled back to previous version.

Also, most news providers support ssl connections, so traffic is obfuscated anyway if you use ssl.

hi htpcnewbie, sorry for not responding earlier, i saw tooviral's reply to you saying its working ok for him and assumed you saw the reply and found that it was a config issue or something on your end and we were all ok, it looks like this isnt the case eh. OK i can take a look at this but my testing is going to be very limited as i dont have an account for a usenet provider at the moment, so i can test the vpn side of things but cant prove that i can receive data over the tunnel.

Can you give me as much detail as possible as to what your seeing, post your supervisor log file, any errors your seeing in sabnzbd webuio (if you can access it), the more info i have to work with the better basically, I will try and take a look tonight if i get time.

edit - just going back a few posts and spotted this from yourself on the 31st dec http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38055.msg430223#msg430223 so are you saying it was working ok after the rollback of the packages and it broke AFTER this?.

I know this is very minor, but is anyone else having certain Binhex dockers not have icon art for them? Even when I actually install them they stay blank.

Image attached.

see this post http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38055.msg429873#msg429873 its all to do with dockerman being a bit crap if your internet link is slow, it doesnt verify what its downloaded is the complete file and you end up with a partially downloaded file that then displays as a  broken image, a quick fix for this would be to replace the partially downloaded file with a manual download of the file from github (where im storing the images), not exactly sure of the destination location though.

@squid - any ideas where the user would put the image file?, im assuming it would need to go on the usb key and possibly somewhere on the ram drive yes?

I know this is very minor, but is anyone else having certain Binhex dockers not have icon art for them? Even when I actually install them they stay blank.

Image attached.

This problem is one of two things

Either your browser can't hit the url for the image

Or you can try disabling local server caching within CA settings (which is it's default operational mode)

The original question about icons was with regards to dockerMan and tonight I'll get the image locations

ok.. I investigated a bit further, and I believe the issue is actually on your end Binhex.  Here's a sample screenshot from GitHub for your moviegrabber-icon.png

Untitled_zpsc4imfqaa.png

So, for whatever reason, it appears that the icon's you've got stored on GitHub for jenkins, jenkins-slave,minidlna, moviegrabber, and sonarr are corrupted or something. 

ok.. I investigated a bit further, and I believe the issue is actually on your end Binhex.  Here's a sample screenshot from GitHub for your moviegrabber-icon.png

Untitled_zpsc4imfqaa.png

So, for whatever reason, it appears that the icon's you've got stored on GitHub for jenkins, jenkins-slave,minidlna, moviegrabber, and sonarr are corrupted or something.

hi squid, thanks a ton for looking into this!, i didnt realise this was the issue, your quite right they are showing as corrupt, the wierd thing is the date stamp for the commit hasnt changed so the file should be the same, the other odd thing is that the local copy of the repo i have i can view all the images, no problems, how very strange!!.

so did a quick bit of good old googling and found this rather useful article which shows of a more robust way of getting images uploaded to github without using the nasty raw format, thought i would share as i have just done this and it works a treat, now all i gotta do is change all my templates  :o

http://solutionoptimist.com/2013/12/28/awesome-github-tricks/

and the end result:-

https://github.com/binhex/docker-templates/issues/22

pretty sweet hu, and as you can see the images are ok, so not sure why github had an issue, but there ya go, ive learnt a new trick in the process :-).

hi squid, thanks a ton for looking into this!, i didnt realise this was the issue, your quite right they are showing as corrupt, the wierd thing is the date stamp for the commit hasnt changed so the file should be the same, the other odd thing is that the local copy of the repo i have i can view all the images, no problems, how very strange!!.

so did a quick bit of good old googling and found this rather useful article which shows of a more robust way of getting images uploaded to github without using the nasty raw format, thought i would share as i have just done this and it works a treat, now all i gotta do is change all my templates  :o

http://solutionoptimist.com/2013/12/28/awesome-github-tricks/

and the end result:-

https://github.com/binhex/docker-templates/issues/22

pretty sweet hu, and as you can see the images are ok, so not sure why github had an issue, but there ya go, ive learnt a new trick in the process :-).

I have no idea what's going on now.

If I look at your commit and the changes made, EVERY SINGLE one of the images says "Sorry, something went wrong. Reload?"  And as an aside, within CA no icons now display for any of your containers.  Strange...

binhex - The sabnzbdvpn docker was working for few days after the rollback and stopped working few days later. I do not recall updating this docker since I thought it was just better to wait it out for a while before any upgrades. Honestly I do not know why this stopped working. Please see the logs from the webgui below. Note that this was tried with a new container with explicitly set group permissions of 777 also when I saw the access permissions.

2016-01-05 18:39:33,021 CRIT Set uid to user 0
2016-01-05 18:39:33,021 WARN Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/sabnzbdvpn.conf" during parsing
2016-01-05 18:39:33,023 INFO supervisord started with pid 1
2016-01-05 18:39:34,025 INFO spawned: 'privoxy' with pid 7
2016-01-05 18:39:34,025 INFO spawned: 'start' with pid 8
2016-01-05 18:39:34,026 INFO spawned: 'sabnzbd' with pid 9
2016-01-05 18:39:34,029 DEBG 'privoxy' stdout output:
[info] VPN is enabled, checking VPN tunnel local ip is valid

2016-01-05 18:39:34,029 INFO success: privoxy entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2016-01-05 18:39:34,029 INFO success: start entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2016-01-05 18:39:34,032 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stdout output:
[info] VPN is enabled, checking VPN tunnel local ip is valid

2016-01-05 18:39:34,033 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
[info] VPN is enabled, beginning configuration of OpenVPN

2016-01-05 18:39:34,036 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
[info] VPN provider defined as pia

2016-01-05 18:39:34,036 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
[info] VPN provider defined as pia

2016-01-05 18:39:34,038 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
[info] VPN provider remote gateway and port defined as nl.privateinternetaccess.com 1194

2016-01-05 18:39:34,061 DEBG 'start' stderr output:
RTNETLINK answers: Operation not permitted

2016-01-05 18:39:34,062 DEBG 'start' stderr output:

2016-01-05 18:39:34,062 DEBG 'start' stderr output:

2016-01-05 18:39:34,063 DEBG 'start' stderr output:

2016-01-05 18:39:34,063 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
[info] ip routing table

default via 172.17.42.1 dev eth0 

172.17.0.0/16 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.20 

--------------------

2016-01-05 18:39:34,064 DEBG 'start' stderr output:
iptables v1.4.21: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Permission denied (you must be root)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

2016-01-05 18:39:34,065 DEBG 'start' stderr output:
iptables v1.4.21: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Permission denied (you must be root)

2016-01-05 18:39:34,065 DEBG 'start' stderr output:

hi htpcnewbie, sorry for not responding earlier, i saw tooviral's reply to you saying its working ok for him and assumed you saw the reply and found that it was a config issue or something on your end and we were all ok, it looks like this isnt the case eh. OK i can take a look at this but my testing is going to be very limited as i dont have an account for a usenet provider at the moment, so i can test the vpn side of things but cant prove that i can receive data over the tunnel.

Can you give me as much detail as possible as to what your seeing, post your supervisor log file, any errors your seeing in sabnzbd webuio (if you can access it), the more info i have to work with the better basically, I will try and take a look tonight if i get time.

edit - just going back a few posts and spotted this from yourself on the 31st dec http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38055.msg430223#msg430223 so are you saying it was working ok after the rollback of the packages and it broke AFTER this?.

htpcnewbie, sorry I haven't been back and reread everything, but binhex's containers are a true static container, so if it was working before, should still work now.  Have you tried deleting appdata and starting from a completely clean slate?

Or binhex, clear your browser cache and then look at this:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37958.msg351212#msg351212

yep looks nasty :-(, i've just this minute updated all the templates to point at the newly created issue assets that i linked to a couple of posts ago, i have no idea how CA links to the images, im assuming it traverses the xml templates and uses that for the links to the images, right?, if that is true then it should be springing back to life right now.

im also assuming the post you linked to showing whats listed in my repo (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37958.msg351212#msg351212) doesn't dynamically update the link to the images, so will need to be manually modified for the new url's, i would do this myself but i obviously don't have permissions to edit your post, please let me know if you know of a way i can help out, as i know it will be tedious to update.

Thanks again for your help Squid, its appreciated.

Weird, still broken for me. I tried refreshing applications in Community Applications, but it didn't help

yeah your a bit fast off the mark there mate :-), i needed to update all the links in all the templates, this has just been done, can you please refresh again and let me know if this is now fixed.

p.s. make sure you clear your browsers cache and you may also need to disable CA cache as well, not sure how to do this as i dont currently use CA but if you get stuck im sure Squid could help you - quote from earlier "Or you can try disabling local server caching within CA settings (which is it's default operational mode)"

cheers.