[ARCHIVE] binhex docker repository

Sorry binhex, wrote it several times trying to make it less confusing, still failed.

I use Chrome as my general browser for all work stuff, general browsing etc

I use Firefox as my VPN browser, to access netflix mainly, so I've been turning on my VPN when I wanted to access netflix etc.

I was planning to use your proxy so I don't need to turn on the VPN, but just open up Firefox when I needed to change my location as determined by my IP.

However,

When I use Chrome, all is as expected.  whatismyip shows my location and appropriate ISP.

When I use Firefox via the proxy, my IP address has changed, and my ISP is no longer correct, but I'm still located in my country not the netherlands as I expected. 

Does that make a bit more sense?  Sorry for the confusion.

yes that does make more sense :-), hmm odd that your ip changes but your country doesn't, im not exactly sure how you setup the proxy for firefox as i now only use chrome. can you try setting up the proxy in chrome and see what whatismyip shows?, if it shows country NL then it must be a misconfiguration in firefox somewhere. ive just tested it via chrome and i do indeed see the correct country shown when going to whatismyip.com

yes that does make more sense :-), hmm odd that your ip changes but your country doesn't, im not exactly sure how you setup the proxy for firefox as i now only use chrome. can you try setting up the proxy in chrome and see what whatismyip shows?, if it shows country NL then it must be a misconfiguration in firefox somewhere. ive just tested it via chrome and i do indeed see the correct country shown when going to whatismyip.com

Same behaviour on Chrome and just to make sure it wasn't some left over setting from PIA manager tried it on a friend's laptop which has just been formatted and clean install with the same results.

Also tried changing PIA location to us-california.privateinternetaccess.com with no change in the result.

Had a poke around in my deluge appdata folder.

I think I found the problem:

My config is this

GeUQooM.jpg

However my openvpn.conf is

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote nl.privateinternetaccess.com 1194
ping 600
ping-restart 1200
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
ca ca.crt
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server
auth-user-pass credentials.conf
comp-lzo
verb 1
reneg-sec 0
crl-verify crl.pem

and my openvpn.ovpn is

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote uk-london.privateinternetaccess.com 1194
ping 600
ping-restart 1200
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
ca ca.crt
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server
auth-user-pass credentials.conf
comp-lzo
verb 1
reneg-sec 0
crl-verify crl.pem

So I think it's something to do with the files not being updated to reflect changes in the docker config.

Started afresh once again.

So managed to work out that if I stop the container and go into /config/openvpn/ and then delete openvpn.ovpn then make any changes to location and restart the container then openvpn.ovpn is recreated with the updated configuration.

No big problem as I won't be changing the location really, but might be worth documenting for others.

Thanks binhex for this and all the support!

So managed to work out that if I stop the container and go into /config/openvpn/ and then delete openvpn.ovpn then make any changes to location and restart the container then openvpn.ovpn is recreated with the updated configuration.

No big problem as I won't be changing the location really, but might be worth documenting for others.

yes, at the moment if the file exists it wont overwrite it, so any changes to the country and/or port wont be reflected unless you delete the ovpn file. i could remove this check so that it always overwrites the file (only for provider pia not airvpn or custom), i guess this might make more sense, my reason for putting the check in was to allow the user to tweaks the ovpn file if they so desired without it being overwritten again on restart, hmm i will have a think about it, glad its now working for you.

yes, at the moment if the file exists it wont overwrite it, so any changes to the country and/or port wont be reflected unless you delete the ovpn file. i could remove this check so that it always overwrites the file (only for provider pia not airvpn or custom), i guess this might make more sense, my reason for putting the check in was to allow the user to tweaks the ovpn file if they so desired without it being overwritten again on restart, hmm i will have a think about it, glad its now working for you.

ok made the decision and decided to force an overwrite of the ovpn file for vpn provider pia (airvpn and custom NOT overwritten) on startup, this should then allow the user to switch provider and/or port without the need to delete the ovpn file and restart the docker. its currently building right now, so please wait 20 mins and then do an update if you wish to test it.

ok made the decision and decided to force an overwrite of the ovpn file for vpn provider pia (airvpn and custom NOT overwritten) on startup, this should then allow the user to switch provider and/or port without the need to delete the ovpn file and restart the docker. its currently building right now, so please wait 20 mins and then do an update if you wish to test it.

Had to delete my config again to get it all working as expected, without that I was getting some weirdness, but is now working properly.

Nice work, I find routing & VPNs some of the most confusing aspects to work with!

Great Repository!

I finally was able to get Sickrage connected to DevulgeVPN. The torrents show up in DevulgeVPN but they won't download. It looks like it will find seeds/peers but only connect to peers and won't download anything. The only thing I see in the log is:

2015-02-25 20:39:38,604 DEBG 'setport' stdout output:

[info] PIA incoming port is

2015-02-25 20:39:38,605 DEBG 'setport' stdout output:

[warn] PIA incoming port is not an integer, downloads will be slow

Any ideas on what is going on?

Great Repository!

I finally was able to get Sickrage connected to DevulgeVPN. The torrents show up in DevulgeVPN but they won't download. It looks like it will find seeds/peers but only connect to peers and won't download anything. The only thing I see in the log is:

im pretty sure your falling foul of the issue that PIA only allows incoming ports for certain gateways, so im assuming your connecting to a gateway that doesnt support incoming ports and thus not able to connect to all seeds/peers. the list of gateways that do support incoming ports for pia is as follows:-

Netherlands

Switzerland

CA North York

CA Toronto

Romania

Sweden

France

Germany

oh and btw airvpn is quite a lot nicer in this respect, in that you can choose the incoming port you want to use and its then statically assigned to your login and will work for all airvpn gateways, BUT in my experience PIA seems be faster, so its swings and roundabouts :-)

Everything is working great. But does anyone use this with couchpotato docker?  I can't get it to connect. It connects fine if I don't use the VPN version of the deluge docker

yeah this is a known issue that i have yet to resolve, basically CP needs to talk to deluge daemon which is running on the delugevpn docker, the issue is im having problems allowing ONLY CP to talk to the daemon without the possibility of ip leakage, as it would require a specific loosening of iptables to allow traffic to/from deluge daemon over eth0 to CP, obviously this then causes the potential problem of torrent traffic incorrectly using eth0 instead of the tunnel, something i am at great pains NOT to allow under any circumstances. leave it with me and i will see what i can come up with, if anybody is watching this thread who is an iptables guru then please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to do this.

Great Repository!

im pretty sure your falling foul of the issue that PIA only allows incoming ports for certain gateways, so im assuming your connecting to a gateway that doesnt support incoming ports and thus not able to connect to all seeds/peers. the list of gateways that do support incoming ports for pia is as follows:-

Netherlands

Switzerland

CA North York

CA Toronto

Romania

Sweden

France

Germany

oh and btw airvpn is quite a lot nicer in this respect, in that you can choose the incoming port you want to use and its then statically assigned to your login and will work for all airvpn gateways, BUT in my experience PIA seems be faster, so its swings and roundabouts :-)

Thanks! I tried one of the gateways you listed and it seems to allow the download to download for a few seconds and then the torrent turns red and says error. I can't find a way to read the error in the WebUI. The log says this over and over:

2015-02-26 17:31:19,935 DEBG 'start' stdout output:

Thu Feb 26 17:31:19 2015 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #166559 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings

I appreciate the help, you are the best!

Everything is working great. But does anyone use this with couchpotato docker?  I can't get it to connect. It connects fine if I don't use the VPN version of the deluge docker

yeah this is a known issue that i have yet to resolve, basically CP needs to talk to deluge daemon which is running on the delugevpn docker, the issue is im having problems allowing ONLY CP to talk to the daemon without the possibility of ip leakage, as it would require a specific loosening of iptables to allow traffic to/from deluge daemon over eth0 to CP, obviously this then causes the potential problem of torrent traffic incorrectly using eth0 instead of the tunnel, something i am at great pains NOT to allow under any circumstances. leave it with me and i will see what i can come up with, if anybody is watching this thread who is an iptables guru then please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to do this.

I need to dig into this, but a rule that's like:

BOXIP=whatever

iptables -I -i eth0 -s $BOXIP -d $BOXIP -j ACCEPT

Shouldn't that allow communication between containers on the same host?

I should probably start up and look in my delugevpn container to see.  Maybe split it into two different lines.  One for send and one for receive. 

I'm looking to incorporate openVPN into my nzbget docker. I'm currently using your docker. Can you give any general instructions on how to do this? I'm still getting my bearings using docker (just started playing with it last night).

I've been able to get into the docker bash as root user but can't seem to install anything using pacman. Thanks!

I seem to be making some progress - I got openvpn installed and set up the client configuration. I'm not getting stuck with this error message:

Cannot ioctl TUNSETIFF tun: Operation not permitted (errno=1)

So my interpretation of how dockers works was completely incorrect. I was able to get openvpn working with nzbget by combining your delugevpn and nzbget dockers. What I did is very hacky and probably doesn't adhere to many conventions, but it was the path of least resistance and it works. Thanks a lot for sharing your work. It's been very helpful.

Great Repository!

Netherlands

Switzerland

CA North York

CA Toronto

Romania

Sweden

France

Germany

Thanks! I tried one of the gateways you listed and it seems to allow the download to download for a few seconds and then the torrent turns red and says error. I can't find a way to read the error in the WebUI. The log says this over and over:

2015-02-26 17:31:19,935 DEBG 'start' stdout output:

Thu Feb 26 17:31:19 2015 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #166559 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings

I appreciate the help, you are the best!

I seem to have found the problem, I'm getting: Permission denied: /nonexistent/Downloads/TV/

I can't seem to figure out how to fix it though. Do I need to add a deluge user to Unraid?

For NZBget:

Currently installed: 14.1

Automatic updates are not configured for your platform.

Can you make this happen or instruct me on what I need to modify?

im afraid automatic updates are not supported in any of my dockers, this is due to overly complex coding required and thus higher chance of breakage, and i also think it can cause instability due to residual files from previous versions causing issues. for the above reasons i wont be including any sort of code to allow automatic updates or any code to indicate the use of bleeding edge code (see EDGE env var in needo's dockers). having said all that, i am countering this by keeping ontop of updates and will be updating dockers as soon as the tarball is released on AUR/Arch repos.

i See nzbget is now at 14.2 and this im assuming is the reason for your request?, if so i am currently awaiting a new tarball from Arch Linux Repo in order to do the build, so keep checking back here for updates in the changelog (second post in this thread).

Thanks for all these awesome dockers.

I have a quick question with delugevpn with regards to the execute plugin.  I am trying to use the plugin to copy completed files to another directory using a script.  The problem I am running into (I think) is making the script executable so that it will be picked up by the plugin.  I am trying to migrate off of my VM used just for transmission and this is my last hurdle. 

I tried entering the docker with "docker exec -it binhex-delugevpn /bin/bash" and created the script but it doesn't seem like I can make it executable with chmod +x

I am really new with all of this so sorry if I am overlooking something simple. 

Thanks for all these awesome dockers.

I have a quick question with delugevpn with regards to the execute plugin.  I am trying to use the plugin to copy completed files to another directory using a script.  The problem I am running into (I think) is making the script executable so that it will be picked up by the plugin.  I am trying to migrate off of my VM used just for transmission and this is my last hurdle. 

I tried entering the docker with "docker exec -it binhex-delugevpn /bin/bash" and created the script but it doesn't seem like I can make it executable with chmod +x

I am really new with all of this so sorry if I am overlooking something simple.

hi djstabby, probably your best bet is to create the script on your /config volume (whateve thats mapped to on the host) and make it executable by ssh into unraid and then navigate to the folder containign your script and run chmod +x <script name>. then all you need to do is point deluge execute plugin at /config/<name of my script>

im afraid i dont use that particular plugin so the above is untested :-), but it should work ok.