Redball on a newly replaced drive-May I turn back the old HDD?

All,

I upgraded an old data drive (750gb) with 1,5 years old 3 tb drive. The preclear of the 3 tb drive went unusually slow compared to all my other drives precleared in the past but with no errors. The rebuild took 3 days to complete. The next day the same disk gave a red ball status and the smart report says there is 1 pending sector. As the drive is still in warranty there is no problem to be replaced but meanwhile I would like to set my previous config with the old 750 gb hdd in service. I did backup the whole boot folder from the flash. Which files needs to be copied back to the config folder?

Thanks.

Dear Trurl,

Thank you for your answer.

So the procedure should be as follows:

1. Restore super.dat in config folder.

2. Restart the unraid server.

3. "New configuration" button press.

4. Assign the drives to its original places

5. Start the unraid server.

6. The unraid will start to build a new parity.

Thanks again. I am a bit scared of losing data.

Forget about super.dat. New Config will wipe it out anyway.

When you start with the old drive unRAID will say it's the wrong disk and will not start the array. Then you can do New Config and assign all drives. Then start and unRAID will rebuild parity.

Just make sure you don't accidentally assign a data disk to the parity slot or it will get overwritten with parity.