Manually flush cache?

Hi all,

I've got my unRAID server up and humming and I'm loving it. I just got around to adding a cache drive after I moved all of my files onto the array, and I was curious about the cache flush procedure. I seem to recall -- while getting help with putting an unRAID build together -- that you can manually flush the cache yourself. Is this true?

Also, when does the cache flush on its own? And can that time/date be changed? If so, how?

Thanks!

Ah unRAID, so simple.

Thanks for the heads up. Would never have found that where it was.

I agree that it can be obscure to find if you do not know where it is.  I suspect that it got put there simply because that is where the settings for mover are configured.

I think there would be a lot to be said for having a button to run mover manually on the main->Cache disk tab as well as that seems a more intuitive place to find such an option.

• 1 year later...

Was more thinking of the downloads share.

Posting the diagnostics zip would be a more convenient way to supply logs and settings, see Need help? Read me first!.

Oh. You're totally right. Ok, how do I cancel the Mover? It's still trying to write to cache even after I've changed it to "yes" for the downloads share. I'll start searching for that now, but if you have the answer handy, please send it my way.

Thanks!

Edit: I installed PuTTY and SSH'd into the server. Based on my search of the forums, ran the following command:

killall rsync

The Mover still seems to be running though.

Diagnostics zip added here.

unraid-diagnostics-20170211-0140.zip

Ok, I'm officially fed up with this thing. I'm about to manually wipe my cache drive if nobody tells me I shouldn't.

The mover wasn't stopping for anything, so I force-shutdown the system completely by holding the power button. I changed the share cache option from "prefer" to 'yes", I started the mover again thinking it would move things according to that setting, and it didn't. My cache is still full and I still can't write squat to my array because of the full cache.

It looks like what's in the cache is just copies of what's on the array, so I'm wiping all of it. Here's hoping I'm not making a big mistake...

Ok, I'm officially fed up with this thing. I'm about to manually wipe my cache drive if nobody tells me I shouldn't.

The mover wasn't stopping for anything, so I force-shutdown the system completely by holding the power button. I changed the share cache option from "prefer" to 'yes", I started the mover again thinking it would move things according to that setting, and it didn't. My cache is still full and I still can't write squat to my array because of the full cache.

It looks like what's in the cache is just copies of what's on the array, so I'm wiping all of it. Here's hoping I'm not making a big mistake...

No what's on the cache is NOT copies.  Any share files on the cache drive are part of the share.  If you delete the files you will lose them

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

No what's on the cache is NOT copies.  Any share files on the cache drive are part of the share.  If you delete the files you will lose them

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Just the downloads folder. I'll back it all up to my main PC first. Then I'm disabling the cache drive for downloads completely. It's doing my head in. I have things I need to copy to the array, and I can't copy any of it because of this.

Edit: And even after that, I still can't copy anything to the array. "There is not enough space on downloads (\\UNRAID)" There's 3 frickin terabytes free!! Arrrgh. Sorry, I'm just tearing my hair out over here...