unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta13-x86_64 Available

limetech

Everything seems to be working as expected for me.  Been up for 2 days / 15 hours, have 10 dockers running, haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.  Not trying to be an a$$, but I just wanted to state that it has been a solid release for me so far as well.

This release has been a disaster, I am getting constant kernel crashes @ btrfs, docker is pinned to 100% cpu. :(

From my experience, I would say that this release has been pretty good.  It has already been advised that btrfs is not as mature and well exercised as some other file systems.  All my drives are formatted as xfs.

Obviously, there is one acknowledged problem for some cache drives which have been formatted/initialised outside of the unRAID interface, but I was, happily, not affected by that.

I have five dockers running withoout any apparent problem.  System uptime is currently over two days and five hours - I just puzzled why we haven't had a single  power cut in all that time!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just did.

No errors found.

Copied the entire syslinux folder again. this time on the usb stick attached to the laptop.

Rebooted the server still the same error. Is there something wrong with the beta12 download?

There is a file missing.  Se here:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=36527.msg341361#msg341361

Thought that too at first but when I copied the beta13 files plus syslinux folder I got the same error again.

Just for the fun I ran make_bootable.bat and voila the server booted.

This release has been a disaster, I am getting constant kernel crashes @ btrfs, docker is pinned to 100% cpu. :(

Really, I know its a beta but this is extremely dangerous for your live cluster.  Stick with beta-12!  This one is 'alpha' quality at best.

Attempting to downgrade now.

Respectfully, this post offers nothing constructive.  Where are your screenshots?  Where is your syslog?  What are your h/w details?  What docker containers are pinning your cpu?

Since beta 13 has been taken down, I'm assuming upgrading through the plugin interface will no longer work even if it says it's upgradable?

/usr/local/sbin/plugin update unRAIDServer.plg 2>&1
plugin: running: 'anonymous'
plugin: creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer.zip - downloading from URL https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/beta/unRAIDServer-6.0-beta13-x86_64.zip
plugin: wget: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/beta/unRAIDServer-6.0-beta13-x86_64.zip retval: 8

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/beta/unRAIDServer-6.0-beta13-x86_64.zip

returns access denied

What problems do you have, can you elaborate ?

Unresponsiveness when trying to move new files to share. Cache is just spun down.

I checked the cache drive right after upgrading. It was not formatted. I thought everything was fine. It is not.

Just fix the problem and release b14. Then finally release a stable version and I will stick to it. B12 was stable for me since the beginning. Guess someone should have label it "stable". Guess we are once again caught in a one-year development cycle.

I am very pissed. Right now I should be doing something else than reading this post.

Thanks.

I am very pissed. Right now I should be doing something else than reading this post.

This kind of post confuses me. If you install a Beta version, you accept that there may be complications or issues but your post hints that you're treating it like it should be stable as a full release. It's not even in RC status yet.

FYI - Beta12 wasn't stable. It may have seemed stable for you and I, but there was issues such as Docker on a BTFS drive.

This kind of post confuses me. If you install a Beta version, you accept that there may be complications or issues but your post hints that you're treating it like it should be stable as a full release. It's not even in RC status yet.

FYI - Beta12 wasn't stable. It may have seemed stable for you and I, but there was issues such as Docker on a BTFS drive.

Agreed, it's called beta for a reason. I'm not sure how any could miss the big warning in the first post...

Then you should be running 5.0.5, not 6b12.  ::)

I agree,  If you want stability stick with 5.0.6

I have been on b13 since its release and after redoing my cache pool ( completely wiped the drives and started from scratch letting the GUI on b13 do its thing ) and i have had NO issues so far.  I have 8 dockers running off the cache pool with no issues at all so far

What problems do you have, can you elaborate ?

Unresponsiveness when trying to move new files to share. Cache is just spun down.

I checked the cache drive right after upgrading. It was not formatted. I thought everything was fine. It is not.

Just fix the problem and release b14. Then finally release a stable version and I will stick to it. B12 was stable for me since the beginning. Guess someone should have label it "stable". Guess we are once again caught in a one-year development cycle.

Thanks.

I'm sorry about the problems, it was not intentional.

Then you should be running 5.0.5, not 6b12.  ::)

I agree,  If you want stability stick with 5.0.6

I have been on b13 since its release and after redoing my cache pool ( completely wiped the drives and started from scratch letting the GUI on b13 do its thing ) and i have had NO issues so far.  I have 8 dockers running off the cache pool with no issues at all so far

I've done the same -  let the UI format my drive and am now restoring my VMs from backup.

Other than the need to update all docker containers and the apcusbd plugin manual uninstall and reinstall, this has been a very stable BETA release for me.  I'm running 8 containers.

Glad to hear it.  If it wasn't for split partitions / manually created partitions, beta 13 was stable (although the intel_pstate issue we thought was fixed actually is still there, but this wasn't a bug that caused crashes, just prevented the CPU from scaling down to powersave mode).

We are testing like mad men on beta14 before we release, but things are looking good so far.

The intent was for apcupsd webGui plugin to be included in the build, but we removed because we haven't completed it's testing and we didn't want to delay this release even more.

I'm not sure I understand the reluctance to include the apcupsd plugin.  It is a webgui that adjusts the apcupsd.conf file for the desired operation and starts and stops the apcupsd daemon that is in the apcupsd package.  There are many using the apcupsd plugin and of all the plugins, it has probably been tested more thoroughly than any others.  If has been tested thoroughly by PeterB with his constant power black and brown outs.

What do you think LT needs to test?

Including the apcupsd plugin in b13 would have prevented a lot of the update issues and not introduced any new issues and prevented a lot of headaches.  Any adjustments in the operation you felt needed to be done could have been done at a later release.

same as PeterB, i live in a country (jamaica) with constant power outages, brown outs and spikes. my house is generally set up with a surge protector, the computers with extra apc power filters and apc ups. your little plugin saved my ass more than once.anyway, what i do not really understand at this point is the decision to integrate part of the apc plugin, but not the rest. seems to me to create more probs than it solves. either you take it in the core unraid all the way, or you leave it as a separate plugin. as is at the moment it"s a half-assed solution and a step back.

i hope with b14 we will see either, full integration or back to plugin which was stable, well developed and without major issues.

personally i think it is not necessary to integrate everything with brute force. keep developing the core and add more features over time and fully.

cheers, L

just to chime in here on the complaints. it is a beta release, as others pointed out as well. so please stop bit**ing! i don"t have the luxury of a test-server this days myself. so, as much as it itches to upgrade.... on a production server it is a NONO! or you don"t care about your data. i have to wait this days also for a couple days and see what pops up, after that make a decision if it is reasonably safe to upgrade. it is BETA, means bug prone. usually LT does a fine job to release working beta"s with few problems, BUT shit happens! if you want to be on the cutting edge you accept that risk and use the chance to help fix initial problems, or you play it conservative and wait a little, analyze existing probs and how they might affect your system.

you def are not pissed off, because....!!!!

just had to say that for once.

cheers, L

With the upgrade I had one kernel panic resulting in total lockup of system, implementing tom's fix to revert back to the old cpu scaling I have had no repeats of that.

fix here

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38193.msg354253#msg354253

Note:- I've been running folding@home in a docker to really give the cpu a hard time and no repeats of the kernel panic related to ipstate.

Hi Guys,

I upgraded to B13 and my docker was working earlier today.  I powered down my server to perform some other "fun" work and got everything back up but now docker will not start.

I see nothing in syslog to indicate problems.

my docker.img file sits on a cache drive formatted BTFRS.  I've read a little through the thread and saw most were issues with unformatted cache drive.  My cache drive appears to be working fine.

Any ideas on how to diagnose and possibly fix this?

Thanks,

Mike