Sparklyballs' Beta Repo

whats the username/password for mariadb web interface?  :o

root and no password

if you change the mariadb root password anytime using

mysql_secure_installation

then the password will be whatever you changed it to.

Or, you can enter the username and password for your database to access that database.

yea, I thought it would be something straight forward, but root and no password aint working for me for whatever reason - just comes back with 'Invalid Credentials'

Changed the password for 'root' via the mysql_secure_installation command there (which did take blank as the password..), and still no joy :( Dunno whats up..

I have another MariaDB docker running, which was using 3306, so your one I set to use 3307. As a test, I stopped them both, and just started yours with the default 3306 (and 8080 for the web access), and no change unfortunately

Wiped it and starting from scratch - will let you know how I get on

yea, I thought it would be something straight forward, but root and no password aint working for me for whatever reason - just comes back with 'Invalid Credentials'

Changed the password for 'root' via the mysql_secure_installation command there (which did take blank as the password..), and still no joy :( Dunno whats up..

I have another MariaDB docker running, which was using 3306, so your one I set to use 3307. As a test, I stopped them both, and just started yours with the default 3306 (and 8080 for the web access), and no change unfortunately

Wiped it and starting from scratch - will let you know how I get on

i have a koma container running on 3306 so when testing it i use it on 3307 with no issues.

Tried a number of things, and still no joy

Wiped, and started from scratch (inc clearing down db and config dirs)

Have changed password for root - verified by trying to run the mysql_secure_installation multiple times, so password is being changed (just set to 'password' currently). Just any and all log in attempts to the web page result in 'invalid credentials'  ???

bit of a puzzler! especially since no one else seems to be having these difficulties - would have thought docker would have us all on the same playing field (for better or worse)

so, eh, it looks like its a browser issue..!

no matter the username combo, it just doesnt work with my Chrome V43 (latest) browser (returns Invalid Credentials).

Dont know if its something unique to me, but seems to work 100% with Internet Explorer 11

Maybe this is obvious to others, but since I didn't see this posted anywhere else...

Getting any of these Sparkly containers to show up in the Dockers tab, with the Community Applications plugin, required entering this into the template repositories section (and Save):

https://github.com/sparklyballs/docker-repo/tree/templates

Now they will be listed in the Community Applications section at the bottom, and installed as per the rest of them.

Perhaps this could be specified in the first post in this thread?

Thanks Sparklyballs for the great dockers. MythTV just installed :)

Maybe this is obvious to others, but since I didn't see this posted anywhere else...

Getting any of these Sparkly containers to show up in the Dockers tab, with the Community Applications plugin, required entering this into the template repositories section (and Save):

Now they will be listed in the Community Applications section at the bottom, and installed as per the rest of them.

No thats not the way it works...  Community Applications actually never looks at the template repositories section.  Did you hit Update Applications?

No thats not the way its supposed to work...  Community Applications actually never looks at the template repositories section.  Did you hit Update Applications?

i just assumed you'd blacklisted me because of the football ;)

No thats not the way its supposed to work...  Community Applications actually never looks at the template repositories section.  Did you hit Update Applications?

i just assumed you'd blacklisted me because of the football ;)

Its called soccer.  And that thought hadn't crossed my mind (much)  :P

No thats not the way it works...  Community Applications actually never looks at the template repositories section.  Did you hit Update Applications?

Hmm, so I guess it was updated in between Update Applications #1, adding the Sparklyballs repo, and then Update Applications #2...

I just removed Sparklyballs repo, and MythTV is still there. So obviously you're right.

Please disregard!

(slinking away)

Hello Sparklyballs;

You pointed me  a while back to your version of dockerized UMS... and  I'd like to try your ums template - can you please update it to point to the latest version (currently 5.1.4 http://sourceforge.net/projects/unimediaserver/files/Official%20Releases/Linux/) of the sw? https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/sparklyballs/universal-media-server/dockerfile/

As a matter of practicality, if you don't mind me suggesting this for easy maintenance ... you may want to  declare a version variable at the top of your  template, and use that, instead of hard coding the version further down in the code section.

I'd really want to try adding to it ALSO the web plug-in, as I'm not sure how to manage it otherwise.

Thank you !

hg

Hello Sparklyballs;

You pointed me  a while back to your version of dockerized UMS... and  I'd like to try your ums template - can you please update it to point to the latest version (currently 5.1.4 http://sourceforge.net/projects/unimediaserver/files/Official%20Releases/Linux/) of the sw? https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/sparklyballs/universal-media-server/dockerfile/

As a matter of practicality, if you don't mind me suggesting this for easy maintenance ... you may want to  declare a version variable at the top of your  template, and use that, instead of hard coding the version further down in the code section.

I'd really want to try adding to it ALSO the web plug-in, as I'm not sure how to manage it otherwise.

Thank you !

hg

what web plug in ?

i've updated the repo to pull 5.1.4 from sourceforge... i'll set a build going on dockerhub , but that's as far as my involvement with this POS goes.

Thanks so much, Sparkly, for the quick reply and ... sorry for the trouble...

The update didn't pick the new version up unfortunately, so I decided to delete container and image and re-download from the repository.

Strange enough, even if your update is there in the template (I can see it), the version downloaded is still 5.0.1:

From the log:

INFO 16:28:42.306 [main] Starting Universal Media Server 5.0.1

As for the web plug-gin- I found it somewhere. I have to search it again (I'm not sure it is in fact web management interface), and try it.

Thanks again.

hg

Great stuff here, thanks sparklyballs!

Any chance it's possible to add the CKGEdit plugin to Dokuwiki?  https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:ckgedit#lightbox/0/

I like the idea of a Wiki stored in plaintext that can be read even if the application melts down, but it's pretty cumbersome to work with.  CKGEdit helps a lot, but it's a separate install.  Admittedly, I have no idea how difficult this would be as a docker.  Hopefully easy?

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help with the Maria-WebSQL docker?

Docker install seemed to complete fine. I changed port 80 to 81 (as suggested) but cannot get the WebUI to show - "cannot connect to server" error.

Am I misunderstanding howe to access the web UI? I'm using http://192.168.0.50:81 in my case.

Log:

Starting MariaDB...

Aug 15 19:49:43 b1164b7131ba syslog-ng[42]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.13. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

150815 19:49:44 mysqld_safe Logging to '/db/mysql_safe.log'.

150815 19:49:44 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /db

Aug 15 20:09:01 b1164b7131ba /USR/SBIN/CRON[467]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime))

Aug 15 20:17:01 b1164b7131ba /USR/SBIN/CRON[481]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)

Can anyone help with the Maria-WebSQL docker?

Docker install seemed to complete fine. I changed port 80 to 81 (as suggested) but cannot get the WebUI to show - "cannot connect to server" error.

Am I misunderstanding howe to access the web UI? I'm using http://192.168.0.50:81 in my case.

Log:

Starting MariaDB...

Aug 15 19:49:43 b1164b7131ba syslog-ng[42]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.13. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

150815 19:49:44 mysqld_safe Logging to '/db/mysql_safe.log'.

150815 19:49:44 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /db

Aug 15 20:09:01 b1164b7131ba /USR/SBIN/CRON[467]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime))

Aug 15 20:17:01 b1164b7131ba /USR/SBIN/CRON[481]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)

Be sure you map the port correctly.

Container Port 80

Host Port 81

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...