Does this hardware configuration work with unRAID 6?

lionelhutz, thank you for taking time to answer my question. However, I do have a follow up question...

My current unRAID server configuration is as follow:

• Motherboard: BIOSTAR A760G M2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD
  • CPU: AMD Sempron 140
  • RAM: 8GB (just updated the system from 2GB)
  • Hard drives: 1x 2TB as a parity drive, and 4x 1TB for data drives.

Currently, I am running unRAID version 4.7. But, when a stable unRAID6 is released, I am planning on upgrading to the latest version.

I was wondering, if my current system is capable of running unRAID6, along with couple of Docker applications/VM. Notthing too fancy like GUI passthrough, or on the fly video encoding, just couple of Docker applications like postgresql, and a Linux OS.

Thanks!

I was running V6b12 on a 740G motherboard with a 4850e processor and 2G of ram. Had 5 or 6 dockers running. Yours might be too slow for a VM but should work fine for dockers.

I updated to a Kaveri and  Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H. It's much faster, but overall both did work. I was worried the 740G could die and it really needed a bit more memory but DDR2 is awfully expensive compared to DDR3. I just figured it was time to update it all.

Yes, DDR2 are very expensive compared to DDR3.

Luckly, yesterday while browsing through Craig's List, I found someone selling 8GB DDR2 800 MHz for $30. So, I snatched it.

However, like you, if I hadn't found the dirt cheap RAM, was thinking of upgrading my current system.

But, now since my system is capable of running few Docker application, I think I'll put off upgrading the system for few more years.