Zeron

Open VM Tools for unRAID 6

263 posts in this topic Last Reply

openVMTools_compiled is now listed in Community Applications.  You will need to delete your current plugin and install from CA if you wish to get update notifications.

Thanks @Squid for all of your help!

FYI - I am having quite a bit of difficulty getting open-vm-tools to compile on the new kernel in 6.8.0-rc1.  Hopefully I will have time to work on it again next week.

openVMTools_compiled has been updated to support unRAID 6.8.0-rc4.  Please use Community Applications to install or upgrade.

openVMTools_compiled has been updated to support unRAID 6.8.0-rc5.  Please use Community Applications to install or upgrade.

openVMTools_compiled has been updated to support unRAID 6.8.0-rc6.  Please use Community Applications to install or upgrade.

openVMTools_compiled has been updated to support unRAID 6.8.0-rc7.  Please use Community Applications to install or upgrade.

openVMTools_compiled has been updated to support unRAID 6.8.0-rc8.  Please use Community Applications to install or upgrade.

Posted (edited)

hi Steven,

i do run unRAID as VM under Proxmox v6.x and it uses a qemu-agent to talk to the hypervisor.

so my question would be: do you see a way of compiling the necessary QEMU-Agent for unRAID, or is this out of question?

a quick search for slackware based QEMU agent showed this for example:

https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/system/qemu-guest-agent/

that would be really great and very much appreaciated – and it would offer one more integration of unRAID into another great hypervisor (which is free and has no artifical limitations).

and btw. happy new year to ya! 🙂

Edited by s.Oliver

Posted (edited)

@StevenD thanks a lot! :D
There is no kind of configuration required, right?

Edited by cholzer

2 hours ago, cholzer said:

@StevenD thanks a lot! :D
There is no kind of configuration required, right?

Nope.  None at all.  it just needs the plugin and the three packages that the plugin installs. 

One of these days I may try to figure how how to do an options page, like for NTP, but that’s somewhat beyond my knowledge. 

Can you update libffi? It seems to be breaking unraids plugin ui when I update it with nerd tools. Or is there a way to handle the updating with nerd tools?