Wake on Lan plugin for unRAID 6.1

dmacias

Granted I am using UNRAID 6.8.3 with UNRAID NVidia, but I am using this plugin and it seems to be working fine, however, there is always this at the bottom of my screen.  Any ideas how to get this to go away?

Untitled.png.4e23cd9e8be47dcd8a9287277726eef3.png

Could this be because this plugin isnt supported for my version of unraid?  Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.
That's a different plugin. It's libvirt wake on lan. It's for waking up vm's.
  • 6 months later...

I've noticed that some plugins appear automatically in the scheduler pane (ssd trim, speedtest etc).   Any chance WOL can be included there?  It would be handy to wake a backup server on schedule.

I realize this can be done with scripts, but it would be more convenient with the plugin.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just installed this and it works great, thank you!

A bit of feedback: It's not very intuitive on how to trigger the WOL once you save a new item.

Also, the defaults values of adding a new item are confusing and it's not clear they are editable fields as clicking them does nothing initially.

Defaulting to one of the fields (Mac ideally) in edit mode when clicking "new" would make that more obvious. Also I'm not fully sure why you ask for the IP address along with mac address. If it has an IP address, doesn't that mean it's already awake or maybe there is more functionality I don't understand about WOL to an awake device.

Edited by Vaggeto
  • 1 month later...

Hi .... can someone 'educate' me as to why the wakeonlan package installs itself at every reboot? On cheking my syslogs following a strange crash this evening and finding wakeonlan and assocaited modules as the first entries in the log following the crash i then checked back to see genuine reloads and it seems to be being installed at every reboot, just wondering why and trying to undesratnd the reasons for my crash. Anyone any ideas?

• 1 month later...

I can't seem to get this to work at all. I am think it has more to do with my Google Nest router, but I am not sure. Is this using port 7 to send the magic packet? I am sniffing for the packet to reach my PC on port7 and port 9 but it never receives the packet.

if i edit the wakeonlan.xml and erase   <host>  to <host>    for the 2 bad parts..  when i refresh the page  it erases all the link  

so i cant garbage can  the 2 defective lines you see above and when you manually delete  its clears everything

i guess only way to fix is to redoe them all?

Edited by comet424
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 5:54 PM, yyc321 said:

I've noticed that some plugins appear automatically in the scheduler pane (ssd trim, speedtest etc).   Any chance WOL can be included there?  It would be handy to wake a backup server on schedule.

I realize this can be done with scripts, but it would be more convenient with the plugin.

I would love this!

Please make this happen! :D

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I can not wake my backup server with this plugin.
Neither with "etherwake xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" or "etherwake -D -i br0 -b xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" in cmd
With my windows machine and the "Wake on Lan" tool (https://www.gammadyne.com/cmdline.htm#wol) it works, as well with etherwake from my OpenWRT router.
But not through my unraid server.

When I use the scan function in the plugin, it detect no other machines in my network...

Any ideas?

4 hours ago, Lons said:

Hi,

I can not wake my backup server with this plugin.
Neither with "etherwake xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" or "etherwake -D -i br0 -b xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" in cmd
With my windows machine and the "Wake on Lan" tool (https://www.gammadyne.com/cmdline.htm#wol) it works, as well with etherwake from my OpenWRT router.
But not through my unraid server.

When I use the scan function in the plugin, it detect no other machines in my network...

Any ideas?

Try "etherwake -b xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" Where xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx is the MAC address.