unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta14-x86_64 Available

limetech

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest images seem to be updated when the Dockers are updated.  The image files should have a date of today after you update.  There are images left over from previous Dockers.  The current image files should be .....-latest....png.

Maybe reggie should just try adding "-latest" to the end of each image file for a "dirty fix" ;-)

I love it when you talk dirty

;D

Also, the actual file names should look exactly like this (using needo's deluge as an example):

needo-deluge-latest-banner.png
needo-deluge-latest-icon.png

Another nit-picking item.  On the GUI, if you go the the 'Settings', 'Global Share Setting', 'Cache Settings' and (I do not have a cache drive installed), the 'Done' button is inactive.  It does not return to the 'Settings' page as all of the other 'Done' buttons do.

The Apply Button and the Done button become active when the array is stopped, since it needs to be to change those settings.

Another nit-picking item.  On the GUI, if you go the the 'Settings', 'Global Share Setting', 'Cache Settings' and (I do not have a cache drive installed), the 'Done' button is inactive.  It does not return to the 'Settings' page as all of the other 'Done' buttons do.

The Apply Button and the Done button become active when the array is stopped, since it needs to be to change those settings.

The point is that all of the other 'Done' buttons always return you back to the 'Settings' page.  This is the only one that doesn't!  I do not have a problem with the 'Apply' button not being active when the array is started, but the 'Done' button doesn't seem to apply any changes unless you first click the 'Apply' button.  It simply returns you to the 'Settings' page.

Just upgraded from 12 to 14 and everything seems to work. All 4 of my KVM VM's start as they should and I like the notifications! I was looking through my syslog and noticed a few items that are odd. Syslog attached as well. The "Received packet from invalid interface." seems to be repeating itself regularly.

Feb 21 15:04:14 Pithos kernel: dmar: DMAR:[DMA Read] Request device [02:00.0] fault addr f00108000 
Feb 21 15:04:14 Pithos kernel: DMAR:[fault reason 06] PTE Read access is not set
Feb 21 15:04:14 Pithos kernel: dmar: DRHD: handling fault status reg 3
Feb 21 15:04:14 Pithos kernel: dmar: DMAR:[DMA Read] Request device [02:00.0] fault addr f0010a000 
Feb 21 15:04:14 Pithos kernel: DMAR:[fault reason 06] PTE Read access is not set
Feb 21 15:04:14 Pithos kernel: dmar: DMAR:[DMA Read] Request device [02:00.0] fault addr f0010c000 
Feb 21 15:04:14 Pithos kernel: dmar: DMAR:[DMA Read] Request device [02:00.0] fault addr f0010c000 
Feb 21 15:04:14 Pithos kernel: dmar: DMAR:[DMA Read] Request device [02:00.0] fault addr f0010e000 
Feb 21 15:04:14 Pithos kernel: dmar: DMAR:[DMA Read] Request device [02:00.0] fault addr f00110000 

&

Feb 21 17:04:45 Pithos avahi-daemon[1923]: Received packet from invalid interface.
Feb 21 17:04:45 Pithos avahi-daemon[1923]: Received packet from invalid interface.
Feb 21 17:04:46 Pithos avahi-daemon[1923]: Received packet from invalid interface.
Feb 21 17:04:51 Pithos avahi-daemon[1923]: Received packet from invalid interface.
Feb 21 17:05:04 Pithos avahi-daemon[1923]: Received packet from invalid interface.

syslog.zip

Yes next release very well could be -rc1 which will include an update to Docker and hopefully Xen.  We will be introducing a virtual machine manager before 6.0 final but that is entirely a webGui component with somewhat independent development from base unRaid Server OS.  The one other feature we wanted to get in is block-level encryption.  That may have to wait for 6.1.

When you make that much anticipated  -rc1 release, could you please post a set of instructions in the release thread detailing how to upgrade 5.0.X systems so that we don't lose all of the settings for things like network, disk settings, Identification, share settings, Users, etc.  If there are settings that we can't restore by copying (or preserving) configuration files, let us know which ones have to be reset. 

You assistance in providing this information would save so much time and hair-pulling! 

My first attempt to update unRAID via built in plugin manager resulted in

/usr/local/sbin/plugin update unRAIDServer.plg 2>&1
plugin: running: 'anonymous'
invalid install: deleting /boot/config/plugins/unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

Second attempt seems to go through ok.

I got exactly the same.

If I remember correctly this is also what happened when installing beta 13 via the GUI.

This is happening because the file '/boot/config/plugins/unRAIDServer.plg' exists from a previous upgrade.  You can delete this file prior to upgrading to avoid this from happening.  We will be posting a -beta14a patch release asap that addresses this moving forward.

Nice to see the UPS support is now integrated.  That seems to be the last of the major features that was planned for the 6.0 release?  Does that mean we are finally about to reach the feature-freeze state and move into the RC phase? 

I guess that there could still be changes around the virtualisation area - in particular the latest docker release?  However although that is a significant change It would probably not be seen as a feature change?

I'd imagine they want to find and fix the disk spinup issue before 6.0 RC.

You imagine correctly.

A quick way to find what image the Docker is looking for is to right click on the Docker web page and select view source.  Then search for '.png' and look for the image file that the webpage is expecting to load for the Docker.  You might be able to figure it out from there.

If you use google chrome and want to make this even easier, right click on the image that doesn't load and hit "Inspect Element".  Should do the same as view source but take you right to that element as opposed to having to scroll through the page to find it.

tried that, see screenshot :)

question.png.52552bec33102afe4846f9d6524a4371.png

Been looking through the list of 6.0 features under the Roadmap section of the forum and one thing I see mentioned there that is still missing is the option to boot with Docker support but no VM (KVM or Xen) support.  Is it still intended to supply this option?  I assume that it will require a different Linux kernel configuration so it would definitely need some widespread exposure to ensure there are not unexpected side-effects. 

Yes this is still planned before 'final'.  We will not be changing the kernel since the size difference with vm options enabled vs disabled is minimal, but we will remove all packages from 'bzroot' which are only required for vm management.  This will drastically cut down on it's size.

There should probably also be some GUI support at some point to select boot options but I can see this being low priority and possibly for after the 6.0 release.

Right.

The latest images seem to be updated when the Dockers are updated.  The image files should have a date of today after you update.  There are images left over from previous Dockers.  The current image files should be .....-latest....png.

Maybe reggie should just try adding "-latest" to the end of each image file for a "dirty fix" ;-)

;D

Also, the actual file names should look exactly like this (using needo's deluge as an example):

Can confirm that none of my icon files contain the word latest, manually renaming one of them fixes the issue after i click the check for updates button, but now my version information shows in red with 'not available'

Dockers themselves are working fine

latest.png.2d873cdd151ba7e0d91f8f6e68ef3549.png

Just updated to b14 from b12, remotely via TeamViewer in to a VM on the unRAID box from my parent's house 80 miles away.  It worked perfectly.

How's that for living on the wild side?

The "running Haswell at full speed" thing is still an issue.  All 4 cores running at 3.6GHz constantly.  i3-4350 on a B85 board (testing rig).

my haswell (cpu in sig) was doing that, on b13 it was kernel panicking until i applied this fix. incidentally by reverting to the old cpu scaling, my haswell scales now.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38193.msg354253#msg354253

Hopefully in a future release they'll nail the patch for haswell and negate the need for this "fix".

If you don't disable the pstate driver and just let 'er run fast, do you still get the kernel crash?  It would be useful to know this because we removed a patch that might have been responsible for that crash, would be nice to confirm.

;D

Can confirm that none of my icon files contain the word latest, manually renaming one of them fixes the issue after i click the check for updates button, but now my version information shows in red with 'not available'

Can you please use a flamethrower on your usb stick?  Apparently it is possessed and needs to be "cleansed".  Will investigate.

After upgrade to beta 14 from beta 12 I'm getting a missing disk after every reboot. The same thing happened with beta 13. The syslog seems (it's all Swahili to me) to indicate that when booting the max disk limit is getting reached before the last disk is mounted. If I move the original missing disk to a different SATA port then that disk will be found and a different disk will be missing (disks detected in different sequence/order?). Changing back to beta 12 brings the missing disk back immediately.

Syslog attached.

Right, sorry mea culpa.  We will be releasing -beta14a patch release asap to fix this.

;D

Can you please use a flamethrower on your usb stick?  Apparently it is possessed and needs to be "cleansed".  Will investigate.

already done sorry  :D, i did a Full Format and set it up from scratch a few weeks ago as part of my troubleshooting my wake on lan issue. 

Just updated to b14 from b12, remotely via TeamViewer in to a VM on the unRAID box from my parent's house 80 miles away.  It worked perfectly.

How's that for living on the wild side?

The "running Haswell at full speed" thing is still an issue.  All 4 cores running at 3.6GHz constantly.  i3-4350 on a B85 board (testing rig).

my haswell (cpu in sig) was doing that, on b13 it was kernel panicking until i applied this fix. incidentally by reverting to the old cpu scaling, my haswell scales now.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38193.msg354253#msg354253

Hopefully in a future release they'll nail the patch for haswell and negate the need for this "fix".

If you don't disable the pstate driver and just let 'er run fast, do you still get the kernel crash?  It would be useful to know this because we removed a patch that might have been responsible for that crash, would be nice to confirm.

i ran b14 without the pstate disable line in syslinux for about an hour or so tops with folding@home enabled and had no issues, then after reading the support thread on scaling i reinserted the line in syslinux and have ran with it in since.

i would guess it's a minor oversight - since the array has to be stopped to make changes there, it actually works for me with stopped array. so, yep nit-picking  ;). but should be fixed at one point.

cheers, L

@limetech

Minor thing in the Archived Notifications tab.

I've gone to delete the notifications I had received but am unable to delete the last one. Not sure if it is because this last notification is a warning or not...(in my case, my ssd cache drive has 2 reallocated sectors.)

Is it intentional for this type of warning notification to stick around for tracking purposes and will be removable once the status changes again (ie. fixed or got worse.)?

cheers,

gwl

well updated a couple hrs ago. got rid of my old apcups  plugin before. update worked flawless, did the docker img thingy - also no prob. so far so good. beside the one or other little cosmetic issue (some might be even intentionally) and the highly annoying 'hdd not spin down' issue after first check all seems to be a-ok. time for a spliff and some more checking  8)

cheers, L

Seen that and corrected, also made the display of 'Cache Settings' conditional, as it will be shown only if there is actually a cache drive present.

Seen that and corrected, also made the display of 'Cache Settings' conditional, as it will be shown only if there is actually a cache drive present.

Nice!  While you're at it... If array started, and no cache disk/pool, the 'Cache' section/tab of the Main page should not display.