Missing Docker.cfg

Hi All,

I'm new to unRAID.  I've installed unRAID 6.0 Beta 14 today.  I'm trying to use Docker and it tells me I'm missing the docker.cfg file, see attached.

I can't find anything that tells me why.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Ken

Hmm. This was a fresh install just today?  Never used unraid before?  Definitely odd behavior. Can you click on tools, system log, scroll to the bottom, click download, and post it here?

I am having the same issue. I have pro license and went from the latest version of Unraid 5 to 6 beta14. I copied the contents of my flash drive. Followed the instruction on the release notes for unraid 6 for a new install. After completing the instructions I copied my config folder over per the upgrade instructions. I was prompted to over write 5 files which I said ok to.

Was going to try and get owncloud working but immediately ran into the missing docker.cfg.

As a temporary workaround, you can login via ssh or telnet and type this command:

/etc/rc.d/rc.docker start

You should get a response of:

Not starting Docker: no image file defined

That is fine.  The command will have succeeded in created a docker.cfg file within /boot/config.  Exit your terminal session and go back to the webGui and click on the Docker tab.  You can now specify an image file and start the service.

We will be fixing this ASAP as it's a pretty big issue.  Thank you for reporting.

• 3 months later...

Just FYI - I just got this problem as well in rc4.  the problem is a bit worse though - for some reason, /boot is now "empty".  I'm hoping a reboot will fix it.

My "flash" export is also empty.  The only things I did after start ing v6 and making sure all the shares worked  is convert my ssd cache drive to btrfs, format it, and begin copying back all of the stuff from my backup.

[EDIT]  Rebooting did solve the problem.  If I can make it happen again, I'll report back.

Just FYI - I just got this problem as well in rc4.  the problem is a bit worse though - for some reason, /boot is now "empty".  I'm hoping a reboot will fix it.

My "flash" export is also empty.  The only things I did after start ing v6 and making sure all the shares worked  is convert my ssd cache drive to btrfs, format it, and begin copying back all of the stuff from my backup.

[EDIT]  Rebooting did solve the problem.  If I can make it happen again, I'll report back.

Sounds like your flash device was either dislodged or unmounted somehow.  Glad a reboot solved it!

• 11 months later...

Sounds like your flash device was either dislodged or unmounted somehow.  Glad a reboot solved it!

Best Advice.... I didn't think about it but apparently my 18 month old removed mine.