***OFFICIAL GUIDE*** Restoring your Docker Applications in a New Image File

jonp

Hi I have a question - I turned off USER shares not DISK shares under global settings per i could see all my folders for shares mixed in with the disk shares, this was pretty annoying.

Now plex docker is not working etc, I tried to enable the USER shares by stopping the array but it just scrolls across the bottom looking for USER shares to stop, after hard booting off the machine twice am not stuck (kind of) doing a parity check.  it did this twice from the tower webpage.  I better let the parity check run through and can anyone recommend a better way to stop the array and enable the user shares without it just hanging up?

I can see all the disk shares no problem, I am on 6 rc1 - Running only (1) Plex docker 0.9.12.8

regards in advance

AJ

Hi I have a question - I turned off USER shares not DISK shares under global settings per i could see all my folders for shares mixed in with the disk shares, this was pretty annoying.

Now plex docker is not working etc, I tried to enable the USER shares by stopping the array but it just scrolls across the bottom looking for USER shares to stop, after hard booting off the machine twice am not stuck (kind of) doing a parity check.  it did this twice from the tower webpage.  I better let the parity check run through and can anyone recommend a better way to stop the array and enable the user shares without it just hanging up?

I can see all the disk shares no problem, I am on 6 rc1 - Running only (1) Plex docker 0.9.12.8

regards in advance

AJ

Settings - Disk Settings - Enable auto start: No

Then when you boot up the array will be stopped and you can change your Global Share Settings.

regards in advance

AJ

Settings - Disk Settings - Enable auto start: No

Then when you boot up the array will be stopped and you can change your Global Share Settings.

Thank you that worked perfect...

• 6 months later...

Would someone perhaps enlighten an ignoramus as to the meaning of this, or rather the "location" of this:

In the set-up it says:

Pick a location for your Docker virtual disk.

The path must be device-specific (you cannot specify a path through the user share file system; e.g., “/mnt/user/docker.img” is not a valid path).

but it doesn't give an example without the cache. What would a root image path look like? /mnt/docker.img or /mnt/user/appdata/docker.img When I make the appdata share, as required, I am assuming it's coming up under user. Just blundering up here I think.

Would someone perhaps enlighten an ignoramus as to the meaning of this, or rather the "location" of this:

In the set-up it says:

Pick a location for your Docker virtual disk.

The path must be device-specific (you cannot specify a path through the user share file system; e.g., “/mnt/user/docker.img” is not a valid path).

but it doesn't give an example without the cache. What would a root image path look like? /mnt/docker.img or /mnt/user/appdata/docker.img When I make the appdata share, as required, I am assuming it's coming up under user. Just blundering up here I think.

If you don't have a cache disk then you can put it on an array disk like /mnt/disk1/docker.img. However, putting it on the parity protected array will keep that disk plus the parity disk busy. Some people put it on an unassigned device but that method may be a little advanced for you.

well if that is the case, I can just put a cache in. I am just wondering if this is best on flash or rotational media preferred, for the docker img?

Don't know if I quite have enough flash media to fulfill this task so I'll have to wait.

Since all of my current disks are in the user share set-up. What if I added another disk, that was excluded from all shares currently, as a disk share. say disk3 and then did a mnt/disk3/docker.img?

Apologize for being dense.

well if that is the case, I can just put a cache in. I am just wondering if this is best on flash or rotational media preferred, for the docker img?

Don't know if I quite have enough flash media to fulfill this task so I'll have to wait.

Since all of my current disks are in the user share set-up. What if I added another disk, that was excluded from all shares currently, as a disk share. say disk3 and then did a mnt/disk3/docker.img?

Apologize for being dense.

Doesn't matter whether it is in user share or not, any disk in the parity array will behave the same. Putting your docker.img and any of your docker containers data on one of your array disks will keep that disk plus the parity disk busy.

When you say flash I assume you mean an SSD? A USB stick is not suitable. What do you have available?

• 1 month later...

I just built an unRAID server and loaded Beta 6.2.0-beta18...  It doesn't have Docker tab shown in the main page!!!  There is Docker under Settings but it wouldn't let me create any Docker image.  Do I have to get back to 6.1.9 to create Docker image?

Thanks in advance.

--Larry

There's no option for me to set the image location under the Docker option!!!  Just wonder if this is beta version specific? I'm at work now...  I'll upload the WebUI for the 6.2.0-beta18 image for you to see.  I noticed that I never had the Docker tab in the main WebUI either!

• 1 month later...

I have a question, and I  can't seem to find an answer anywhere. I was having issues with my Plex Docker earlier, and went to delete the image and re add it, as this has fixed the issue before. However when I went to add it back, it would show success but it wouldn't be in the list of docker apps. I ended up deleting the entire docker image planning on readding everything with my previous templates, but they all do the same thing now. This is what it shows when I attempt to add a container:

DockerError.JPG.48900eae23a494e23d6a69afdc6679ba.JPG

Not a network guy..  All I did was post that some other users were having problems with docker and jumbo frames.  Presumably if you never enabled them and set a large frame size on your network then this is not your issue

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...

Something happened last week. Just thought I share it here.

I have the docker set to use a directory not an image and I use the application Backup/Restore Appdata. 

I had to restore the dockers so I deleted the Docker directory (from within Docker settings) and Restored my Appdata. Initially everything seemed fine. Dockers would start and work. But.....after trying to update one I got the message that the update failed because the "container already exists".

So I did everything from your starting post but I had to setup the dockers again (NZBGet, etc). Previous settings were lost.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I think i have a docker with problems because dont start.

I try to delete the image docker but dont have the image, it has disappeared.

I start and stop docker but they dont works.

image.thumb.png.4cd038bdd92876390d50d3ed3b7628d4.png

What can I do?

The problem started when I installed nvidia-drivers plugin.

Thanks so much.

Edited by milfer322
21 minutes ago, milfer322 said:

Hello,

I think i have a docker with problems because dont start.

I try to delete the image docker but dont have the image, it has disappeared.

I start and stop docker but they dont works.

image.thumb.png.4cd038bdd92876390d50d3ed3b7628d4.png

What can I do?

The problem started when I installed nvidia-drivers plugin.

Thanks so much.

I see, my problem seem its caused by Unassigned Devices plugin.
thanks.

Edited by milfer322