unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta14a-x86_64 Available

limetech

Mushkin SSD correct?  I've got one that doesn't report valid temps either.  I ignore temps (on my Windows OSs don't have any SSDs on unRAID) on SSDs for that reason since it appears some don't report temps correctly.  If unRAID could determine spinner or SSD then I think it should just ignore anything returned for a temp on an SSD.

It IS a mushkin, but it's reporting the correct temp in one of the temperature_celcius lines, not sure why it's got 2 though.  The correct temp is always read from Smart ID # 194, the bad temp is pulled from the Mushkin drive on ID # 231.  It's like unraid is pulling the temp from the last ID with temperature_celcius flag, NOT the ID# that's most commonly used (194, I checked all my platter drives, and they are all on 194).

• 2 years later...

Without using any beta realease... is this necessary:

Your existing Docker image file needs to be recreated due to an issue from an earlier beta of unRAID 6. Failure to do so may result in your docker image suffering corruption at a later time. Please do this NOW!

I'm only using stable releases, I'm a little bit confused..

1 hour ago, heyper said:

I'm confused too. Why have you posted to a thread that is over 2 years old and is for a release you say you never used?

Are you having an actual problem of some kind?

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, trurl said:

I'm confused too. Why have you posted to a thread that is over 2 years old and is for a release you say you never used?

Are you having an actual problem of some kind?

Because my unRAID installation notifies about the quoted statement. This is quite confusing... ;)

ok, I guess it does not affect my installation, even though it notifies me about this.

This thread is the only thing I found concerning this information.

No, i dont have any trouble, it's working fine :)

Edit: Maybe its better to edit the message that this problem only might exist if the user was using 6.0-beta14a

Edited by heyper
e
3 minutes ago, heyper said:

Edit: Maybe its better to edit the message that this problem only might exist if the user was using 6.0-beta14a

The thread title is unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta14a-x86_64 Available that's pretty specific already about what this thread is about.  If you're seeing that error message in another version then perhaps we can help, but at the moment I'm just confused.

2 hours ago, heyper said:

If that message is showing up within the docker tab, then you should do it regardless of whether you ran the beta series or not (as an aside, coming from say 6.0 final to > 6.2 you do have to at some point redo the docker.img)

Painless, takes 30 seconds and you're back up and running with everything the exact same...

Thanks for the answer.

I mean the message is showing up in the docker tab of the unRAID server. NOT this thread, this is pretty clear :)

I started the server freshly at version 6.2.x. Because of this an error concerning a 6.0 beta version is quite confusing.

e: ok i found the answer here (manually moving the docker.img): 

Edited by heyper
4 hours ago, heyper said:

Because my unRAID installation notifies about the quoted statement. This is quite confusing... ;)

You should have said that to start with. I assumed you were quoting the first post in the thread. Usually in a forum a quote means something from another post, not something from your user interface.