unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta14b-x86_64 Available

limetech

I'd recommend getting a new drive and go through your array copying the files onto it, formatting the source, and then copying the files back. Then either add the new drive to your array or upgrade one of the drives.

I would suggest that the "copying the files back" is unneccessary.  Format the new drive to XFS (or BTRFS, if you'd rather), copy the contents of one of the existing array drives to the new drive, then format the drive you copied from, and copy the next array drive's contents ... rinse and repeat.  I used rsync to do the copying ... if this is all performed with the array up and active, parity is maintained.  Note, also, that there is no need to delete files after copying them - the format empties the drive very quickly and very effectively.

If you must keep the data contents<->drive number relationship, then the disk numbers can be reassigned when you've finished the copying.  If you have drive cages, you can even place the 'new' drives in the 'old' physical locations.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd recommend getting a new drive and go through your array copying the files onto it, formatting the source, and then copying the files back. Then either add the new drive to your array or upgrade one of the drives.

I would suggest that the "copying the files back" is unneccessary.  Format the new drive to XFS (or BTRFS, if you'd rather), copy the contents of one of the existing array drives to the new drive, then format the drive you copied from, and copy the next array drive's contents ... rinse and repeat.  I used rsync to do the copying ... if this is all performed with the array up and active, parity is maintained.  Note, also, that there is no need to delete files after copying them - the format empties the drive very quickly and very effectively.

If you must keep the data contents<->drive number relationship, then the disk numbers can be reassigned when you've finished the copying.  If you have drive cages, you can even place the 'new' drives in the 'old' physical locations.

There is a sticky on this very subject in the V6 general support sub-forum: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37490.0

Upgraded from 5.06 to 6.0 b14b.  System is stable and I love the Docker functionality. I am experiencing only two minor items:

1) My Intel i3 Haswell does not seem to be stepping down its frequency and staying at 3.6ghz.  I believe this is a known issue.

2) My Intel PWLA8391GTBLK PRO/1000 GT Desktop Network Adapter is no longer compatible. ethtool shows the driver as reporting the link being active but my router never sees the server.  The onboard NIC works fine.  Just a minor issue and probably related to my setup since this is a popular NIC. 

Everything else is great.

I'm on beta 10b, is it possible to go from that to this release without having to do a step upgrade (upgrading to beta 12, 13 and then 14)?

Also if I update to this release or any previous one, do I have to re-do my dockers?  I would hate having to redo it all.

You can definitely skip the others, but I don't remember exactly what was changed from 10b to 14b wrt the docker manager. Maybe take some screenshots to help you remember if you do need to do anything over.

Stop the Array using the 'Array Operation' Tab on the 'Main' page.  Then copy the contents of your Flash drive to one of your other computers.  This will make rolling back to the earlier version much easier.  I agree with trurl about going directly from 10b to 14B.  There were reasons why all of those beta releases were required!

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/limetech/unRAIDServer/master/unRAIDServer.plg < ----found that url in the 12b announcement thread.  I just checked and its updated to 14b.  I am wondering if I can use this under Plugins and have it update that way.

Any ideas?

The update instructions from LineTech found in the release notes for 14b are as follows:

Starting in -beta9, the plugin manager can be used to upgrade unRAID-OS.

So you should be able to simply click on the 'Plugins' page and then click the 'Check for updates' button.  Wait for the check to occur and then click on the update button for the 'unRAID Server OS'.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/limetech/unRAIDServer/master/unRAIDServer.plg < ----found that url in the 12b announcement thread.  I just checked and its updated to 14b.  I am wondering if I can use this under Plugins and have it update that way.

Any ideas?

The update instructions from LineTech found in the release notes for 14b are as follows:

Starting in -beta9, the plugin manager can be used to upgrade unRAID-OS.

So you should be able to simply click on the 'Plugins' page and then click the 'Check for updates' button.  Wait for the check to occur and then click on the update button for the 'unRAID Server OS'.

I seem to remember having to click the button twice to get it to work on some version.

Once a parity check is done, should I be getting an email with the results? I get an email once the parity check starts. I also get emails with other information like daily server status and if a hard drive has a relocated sector. I have never received an email once parity check completes, although I have seen others post the results of their parity check, what is going on?

Just upgraded from 5.x and everything seems to be working fine with the exception of my console being spammed by the following error:

Any idea what's going on here?

Are you using HW Raid volumes? i noticed similar with my array when i try to get Smart info from Raid volumes..

Question regarding the Dynamix GUI.  My GUI is dated in February, with no updates available, yet I'm seeing a whole lot of commits on github over the past 2 months.  In fact, I haven't seen a GUI update since I upgraded to 6.  Is there something wonky with my setup, or has a new release not been pushed out?

Thanks!

Question regarding the Dynamix GUI.  My GUI is dated in February, with no updates available, yet I'm seeing a whole lot of commits on github over the past 2 months.  In fact, I haven't seen a GUI update since I upgraded to 6.  Is there something wonky with my setup, or has a new release not been pushed out?

Thanks!

Mine is currently on 2015.02.25, but it has always shown updates in the past as soon as they've been available.