Transmission docker, download dir?

HKR

Hi,

I just started playing with unraid 6 as someone on the forum suggested it would be better i used unRaid 6 then 5, as it is my new setup. I installed transmission docker however i am unable to download files using transmission, the download starts but comes up with a download location error. I tried to set it to /mnt/cache/apps/transmission/downloads but it does not work. what am i doing wrong here?

thanks

Thought you were trying to setup openvpn?! It was me who suggested it might be better to use V6.

I don't intend to be rude, so please don't take it as such, but I think the best approach would be to do one thing at a time, slowly and steadily, getting that one thing working before moving on to the next.

Can you post a screenshot of a copy of your config and details of which repository you're using.

I added a few repositories and then i just started setting up the Apps i would need the most, Transmission being the first, moving on to BTsync & owncloud. Transmission got installed however popped-up with the error so i posted here, attached is the screenshot requested.

Untitled.png.4f4d26754f5d1f1c81d9f65fbc717806.png

TBH is find v6 MUCH more better and amazing. The built in features are amazing and love the Docker! :D

been playing all night with different docker. I installed owncloud but haven't looked much into it, been trying the fix the transmission download DIR error :(

TBH is find v6 MUCH more better and amazing. The built in features are amazing and love the Docker! :D

been playing all night with different docker. I installed owncloud but haven't looked much into it, been trying the fix the transmission download DIR error :(

Yeah, I've been pretty impressed with V6.

Regarding your download error.

Firstly try to get in the habit of making shares, folders etc with lower case letters. 

ie.

downloads NOT Downloads

Linux is case sensitive, so it makes life a lot easier!

Secondly, I don't use Transmission at all but to get the downloads working there will be two steps, firstly map out the config like the screenshot you have posted, then you will need to change the preferences within transmission.

I would suggest

1.  Create a download folder on your cache drive and set it to cache only.

2.  Map transmission /downloads to /mnt/cache/downloads in the docker config

3.  Then in transmission change the preferences so that your download directory is /downloads

That should work.

Then if you install a NZB downloader like NZBGet you can change the docker config to be /downloads = /mnt/cache/downloads and set the NZBGet download directory to be /downloads and all your downloads will end up in /mnt/cache/downloads.

Think of it this way

/downloads = Where the docker container THINKS the folder is

/mnt/cache/downloads = Where it ACTUALLY is

That means that when configuring an app like transmission, deluge, SABnzbd, NZBGet etc you must configure it with the path it THINKS the folder is.

Make sense?

I set the download path in transmission setting (in the transmission GUI) to download to /mnt/cache/downloads so it starts to download however in a few seconds it stops and the error in the torrent details says:

Status:  Permission denied: /mnt/cache/downloads/abcd.mkv/abcd.mkv

Your jumping ahead, the download path in transmission shouldn't be set to that, read my post

Yeah, I've been pretty impressed with V6.

Regarding your download error.

Firstly try to get in the habit of making shares, folders etc with lower case letters. 

ie.

downloads NOT Downloads

Linux is case sensitive, so it makes life a lot easier!

Secondly, I don't use Transmission at all but to get the downloads working there will be two steps, firstly map out the config like the screenshot you have posted, then you will need to change the preferences within transmission.

I would suggest

1.  Create a download folder on your cache drive and set it to cache only.

2.  Map transmission /downloads to /mnt/cache/downloads in the docker config

3.  Then in transmission change the preferences so that your download directory is /downloads

That should work.

Then if you install a NZB downloader like NZBGet you can change the docker config to be /downloads = /mnt/cache/downloads and set the NZBGet download directory to be /downloads and all your downloads will end up in /mnt/cache/downloads.

Think of it this way

/downloads = Where the docker container THINKS the folder is

/mnt/cache/downloads = Where it ACTUALLY is

That means that when configuring an app like transmission, deluge, SABnzbd, NZBGet etc you must configure it with the path it THINKS the folder is.

Make sense?

You set the path in transmission to be /downloads docker automatically maps that to mnt/cache/downloads

Have you had experience configuring BTSync? I have set the paths in the container:

/config  to  /mnt/cache/apps/btsync

/backups  to  /mnt/cache/backups

however i can add the 'backups' as the location for backup of my iPhone but the iPhone never gets backed-up. It's just stuck at 'sending'

Also, when i try to check for updates of the dockers, below in the GUI it throws up an error:

Warning: preg_match(): Empty regular expression in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/dockerClient.php on line 145

Have you had experience configuring BTSync? I have set the paths in the container:

/config  to  /mnt/cache/apps/btsync

/backups  to  /mnt/cache/backups

however i can add the 'backups' as the location for backup of my iPhone but the iPhone never gets backed-up. It's just stuck at 'sending'

Also, when i try to check for updates of the dockers, below in the GUI it throws up an error:

Warning: preg_match(): Empty regular expression in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/dockerClient.php on line 145

No, never used it, but I'll try and take a look later unless the wife gets back early.