Transmission docker, download dir?

HKR

Right

1.  Had a look at your log file, don't know what the problem is, looks like a load of temporary files to me with no idea where they came from.  You tried a reboot?

2.  I've installed BTSync and had it up and running and synced within 5 minutes so it's definitely working

HKR, I don't mind helping, but it's always helpful if you post more information.

Show us what config you have and what steps you've done and we can spot where you've gone wrong.  With what you've told us so far I don't really know where to start.

Include

• Repo & docker name (there are different versions of some containers)
  • What you have entered in all the fields
  • What setup you did on your phone - exact steps

Then we'll see what we can do.

EDIT: Screenshots would be very useful, use an imagehost service like imgur, then it doesn't clog up the board!

Sorry for not posting enough info, the log is full of errors from when i try to 'check for updates' on the dockers. From the last time we chatted here fixing the transmission error yesterday i havent done anything else. Just booted up the server now and tried to check for updates and got those error.

- Yes i did reboot the system 2-3 times.

- This image shows the dockers i have installed and you can see how it shows 'not availble' under the version tab for each.

ui3naNP.png

- This image shows the BTSync docker setup info.

mjp8wj.jpg

- BTsync docker wont boot up anymore.

- Even though Dropbox and Deluge version number is shown as 'not available' they work fine.

Right, well first things first, you need to get the docker config overall sorted out.

Have you tried rebooting your server? Sorry - Seen you have

Where's your docker config tab along the top?

Like this:

jS2ARII.jpg

And what beta are you on?

Where is your docker.img located?

I am running Version 6.0-beta14b.

Docker.img is on my cache drive. I dont think i have that tab anywhere?

Yeah, that's what worries me. 

I think something may be a bit corrupted somewhere, no idea what though.

You haven't got any data on your array yet have you?

Might be worth starting afresh with a completely new install.

What did you format your cache drive and array drives as?

I did not format the drives, just installed unraid6 and selected the drives as parity,cache and data disks. I think they are RFS for data drives(not sure).

I never had the container config tab in unraid6 AFAIK.

As far as reinstall is concerned should i just format the flash and put a fresh copy of unraid6? Delete the docer.img manually?

I never had the container config tab in unraid6 AFAIK.

You probably have dynamix set to not use tabbed view - doesn't make a difference - all the same information is there just on a single page

Never thought of that, but then I think the default setup is beautiful, so never bothered changing anything  ;D

Was this an upgrade from V5 or did you start V6 with a fresh clean install?

It was a clean install from v5 to v6.

Does XFS have some real advantages over RFS? From what i read i dint find much advantage unless you used freenas as the OS due to the way freenas works?

Was this an upgrade from V5 or did you start V6 with a fresh clean install?

It was a clean install from v5 to v6.

Does XFS have some real advantages over RFS? From what i read i dint find much advantage unless you used freenas as the OS due to the way freenas works?

So you had V5, formatted the USB disk and then setup V6?

Or clean install of V5 upgraded to V6?

Not too clear what you meant.

As regards filesystem: 

http://lime-technology.com/exciting-new-developments-with-unraid-6/

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=34776.0

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=34776.msg324711#msg324711

RFS is I think regarded as a somewhat dead filesystem, much like the creator's poor wife..  :(

CHBMB, i've sent you a PM.

Doing what bonienl suggested did actually work, i went to the config and just did a save and the BTsync container went online.

But running a 'check for updates' again gives those same errors as i posted earlier.

I have read through those posts however am still confused, there are all sort of mixed opinions in those threads. More and more users are surely leaning towards BTRFS due it being maintained well and it being new. But RFS has been around much longer so considered stable.

But RFS has been around much longer so considered stable.

Yes it is stable, but because its usage overall is rapidly declining it is not being maintained any more.  A few betas back (beta 7?) had a potential RFS corruption issue because of the lack of maintenance on it.  XFS is probably the current best choice.  BTRFS is the new kid on the block.