[support] Spants - NodeRed, MQTT, Dashing, couchDB

A quick way to install node-red-dashboard .....

1. Stop the container

2. Delete node-red-contrib-ui from appdata/nodered/node-modules directory (your data directory)

3. Start Node Red

4. Use Admin tab to add node-red-dashboard

This installs the latest v2 dashboard

(Make sure you follow the steps above)

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread, but this seems to be the right group of people following here.

If this evolves into anything, I move it.

I am looking to build a dashboard for my "home" and am hoping to include things like

- Power Consumption that I can get using Node-Red

- Temperature, Weather (NodeRed or Wether station once I get one)

- Current Downloads (Deluge)

- Current Streams (Plex)

- CPU load (maybe from my netdata docker)

- Network load (maybe from my netdata docker)

I was wondering if anyone has tried this and how would I get the data from deluge and plex?

I like the simplicity of Node-Red and can probably figure out how to send it to dashing. The Node-Red dashboard is a good start, but it just does not look as nice as I would like.

Any hints, tips?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i've been trying to get the pihole beta to run but i'm not having any luck.

I've followed the config instructions but to no avail.

This is what is output from the log:

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker 'start' 'pihole-for-unRaid'

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver kernel: device vethc33dc02 entered promiscuous mode

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver kernel: docker0: port 8(vethc33dc02) entered forwarding state

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver kernel: docker0: port 8(vethc33dc02) entered forwarding state

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver kernel: docker0: port 8(vethc33dc02) entered disabled state

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver avahi-daemon[2548]: Withdrawing workstation service for vethad963a9.

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver avahi-daemon[2548]: Withdrawing workstation service for vethc33dc02.

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver kernel: device vethc33dc02 left promiscuous mode

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver kernel: docker0: port 8(vethc33dc02) entered disabled state

Any idea?

• 4 weeks later...

Just updated my custom NodeRed docker to v0.14.6 and added the template for the official NodeRed 0.14.6 docker image......

At the end of September - there will be some great announcements for NodeRed..... stay tuned!

Thx.

Announcements for your docker or node-red in general? :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

New Node Red v0.15 is out :- http://nodered.org/blog/2016/10/11/version-0-15-released

The NodeRed-officialdocker template will pull 0.15 (force if not showing update available). As this includes the function to add nodes to the palette, my version my become redundant :-).

Please check your flows and see if you can add any dependancies using the officialdocker version that I created a template for and let me know!

(note that in appdata directory for my version, I use "flow" in the file names. The official docker uses "flows" ..... rename the files... Use a test copy not your live copy for the migration testing. )

OK so node-red is proprietary for the nodes that it runs.  I ask because I am trying to integrate my Sonos into my Smartthings Home Automation.  The smartapp that they have for it doesn't work well and it seems that using http commands through a node server would solve a lot of the issues.  I thought since I have an Unraid server setup, that I could utilize it for this.  Would this work?

OK so node-red is proprietary for the nodes that it runs.  I ask because I am trying to integrate my Sonos into my Smartthings Home Automation.  The smartapp that they have for it doesn't work well and it seems that using http commands through a node server would solve a lot of the issues.  I thought since I have an Unraid server setup, that I could utilize it for this.  Would this work?

To use that app you would either need to install a Node.js container and install it in there or build a wrapper for the gui part of node red... Might be worth pinging the author and see if he has seen Node Red?

Is there something up with the node-red docker not retaining installed nodes on update/restart?

I had installed a few new non-standard nodes but following a few updates and restarts, they are now gone from the sidebar.

I may have changed mapped ports a couple of times as well which I find causes things to disappear in some dockers. I also changed the admin URL from / to / admin.

Just wondering if there's a known issue before I embark on some testing....

Quick update. I saw a Docker update waiting so decided to try. Here's what I see;

-Installed some new nodes using

npm install node-red-contrib-alexa

-Restarted Node-Red Docker

-Saw the new functions on the left in admin

-Stopped Node-Red Docker

-Applied Update

-Restarted Node-Red Docker

-The new node functions were gone.

I suspect that these are being installed to the docker itself and the update process refreshes this? Should I be installing these nodes to my config directory? (navigate to config and then run the install command?)

Thanks

Peter

You must install new nodes with the new palette editor in 0.15 of the admin tab in 0.14.

It's normal that the nodes dissapear when i stalling manually via command line.

Changes made in any docker container that are not mapped to a drive in your unraid (appdata) share are never persistent.!

You must install new nodes with the new palette editor in 0.15 of the admin tab in 0.14.

It's normal that the nodes dissapear when i stalling manually via command line.

Changes made in any docker container that are not mapped to a drive in your unraid (appdata) share are never persistent.!

Thank you

The old node-red image is deprecated i think. You should install the nodered-official image. Your appdata folder van stay the same. Just the flow file you should rename to flows.

Just do a backup beforehand!

The official image is current 0.15.2