[support] Spants - NodeRed, MQTT, Dashing, couchDB

how do I setup a password?

I tired editing the settings.js removing the // and putting my password in. but when I try logging in it doesn't take

tried making admin node with no luck

$ npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red-admin
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: bcrypt < v2.0.0 is susceptible to bcrypt wrap-around bug. Upgrade to bcrypt >= v2.0.0 for improved support for newer bcrypt hashes
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: Use uuid module instead
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: The major version is no longer supported. Please update to 4.x or newer
npm WARN checkPermissions Missing write access to /usr/local/lib/node_modules
npm ERR! path /usr/local/lib/node_modules
npm ERR! code EACCES
npm ERR! errno -13
npm ERR! syscall access
npm ERR! Error: EACCES: permission denied, access '/usr/local/lib/node_modules'
npm ERR!  { Error: EACCES: permission denied, access '/usr/local/lib/node_modules'
npm ERR!   stack: 'Error: EACCES: permission denied, access \'/usr/local/lib/node_modules\'',
npm ERR!   errno: -13,
npm ERR!   code: 'EACCES',
npm ERR!   syscall: 'access',
npm ERR!   path: '/usr/local/lib/node_modules' }
npm ERR!
npm ERR! The operation was rejected by your operating system.
npm ERR! It is likely you do not have the permissions to access this file as the current user
npm ERR!
npm ERR! If you believe this might be a permissions issue, please double-check the
npm ERR! permissions of the file and its containing directories, or try running
npm ERR! the command again as root/Administrator (though this is not recommended).

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /usr/src/node-red/.npm/_logs/2018-10-01T02_24_50_639Z-debug.log

Edited by H2O_King89
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, cablecutter said:

Hey, having an issue with the Node-Red:

https://github.com/AYapejian/node-red-contrib-home-assistant/issues/52

Looks like the newest version of Node-Red needs node.js > V8

I just checked and it seems like this docker is packed with v6.14.4

see here: https://nodered.org/docs/platforms/docker

Edit the template and set Repository to        nodered/node-red-docker:v8

it was mentioned here in the github link you sent: https://github.com/AYapejian/node-red-contrib-home-assistant/issues/52#issuecomment-385034497

Edited by spants

Thanks Spants - I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to Docker.  All I do is click install on the community apps - haven't really dug much deeper than that.  Is there any info you could provide on editing the template itself for use with unRaid?

I'd also love to build a docker version of Hass.IO for unraid.  I'm currently doing a very stupid work-around of running it on a linux VM on my unraid server.

Edited by cablecutter
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, beire said:

Spants,

I use a USB adapter passed through to your node-red docker. The ttyUSB1 device is owned by root and node-red does not have access to it.

I can chown ttyUSB1 to node-red user, then it works. But this obvisously does not survive a reboot.

Can this be changed?

Thx

I used to do the same - and had a similar problem. Does this solve it for you too?

https://github.com/node-red/node-red-docker/issues/15

( add this to the extra parameters in template:       --device=/dev/ttyUSB1 --user=root     ) or other user.....

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, mgranger said:

Is there anyway to set the retain flag to true in this docker?

Do you mean persistance?

Take a look in the config file and edit the following to suit:

persistence false
persistence_file mosquitto.db
persistence_location /config/data/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 4:02 AM, killeriq said:

influxDB is separate Docker, i was assuming that InfluxDB could grow bit higher, but if the "Container Size" option is valid then NodeRed is the highest from all.

Even it might grown due to some previous test in NodeRed, but no clue how to clean it up - wipe whole docker and install again?

image.png.d96ca8a56ea3d10bacb9e7c696d5cd60.png

maybe you have your data volume set up wrong?

copy your flows out and save in a text file, delete/update container (check directories) and reinstall flows if needed...

i left it default, cos i didnt thought it can grow that much :) i was more worried about InfluxDB.

So u think backup flows, wipe NodeRed reinstall (with some other data path) and put flows back?

image.png.0dd6702273db8cbfce9bdf7118819c7f.png

EDIT:

I just checked now /appdata folder and "nodered" is not even there, so is only inside IMG

Edited by killeriq
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all, having a issue when I update to 6.7 that node red will not connect to Home assistant but works fine in the pervious version, does anyone know whats changed in unraid to cause this and what can be done to fix it at all because I would really like to upgrade unraid thanks.

• 1 month later...

How do i find the username and passwords? Also, if i am using home-assistant in a separete vm what is the ip address of the docker image?

Routing Table

PROTOCOLROUTEGATEWAYMETRICDELETE

IPv4default192.168.1.254 via br0210

IPv4172.17.0.0/16docker01

IPv4172.30.32.0/23hassio1

IPv4192.168.1.0/24br0210

IPv4192.168.122.0/24virbr01

Edited by gbdavidx
  • 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, JustinAiken said:

To update to v1.0 that came out today: 

- Edit your docker template's repository field from `nodered/node-red-docker` to just `nodered/node-red`

- I needed to `chown -R 1000 /path/to/appdir` to update it to the new uid used by the container 

Thanks for posting - was just about to!

7 hours ago, JustinAiken said:

To update to v1.0 that came out today: 

- Edit your docker template's repository field from `nodered/node-red-docker` to just `nodered/node-red`

- I needed to `chown -R 1000 /path/to/appdir` to update it to the new uid used by the container 

Will this prevent you from modifying the files outside of the container?