433 posts in this topic Last Reply

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ya....just go into the Node-Red Docker template and change the repository as I said above and hit apply.......That's all I had to do. Love it

This is where I will be hosting some dockers that I find useful, built on a Phusion or Linuxserver base. Add to your templates if you wish.   https://github.com/spants/unraidtemplates/

Does anyone here know how to update node.js version in the Node-Red Docker Container?   docker exec -it NodeRed-OfficialDocker /bin/bash node -V The command above shows I'm on v

Posted Images

After a house fire and losing my unraid server (but not my offsite backup) I rebuilt the system.

I did change from a supervised version to the home assistant core version.

I have been able to use a lot of the docker containers, but MQTT has me perplexed.

I have read through almost all of this thread but can not find something similar.

MQTT is set as shown below. My server is at 192.168.1.90. I have created the password file. As suggested in other posts I made chmod the directory to 777, also chown to nobody:user.

There is nothing in my log file.

Home assistant allows me to add the MQTT integration but it does not discover my test devices.

Can someone point me in a direction.

Thanks.

Screenshot from 2021-06-08 13-02-29.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

HI Guys i setup a Node Red Docker last night on main PC and added an additional port to get access for my Alexa Pluging with a local IP http://192.168.23.100:3456/ and i could get to page and login to authenticate alexa cookie

It keeps kept confirming with Alexa the cookie was saved.

But NR kept reporting i needed to do it again it would not connect?

Dell - Screenshot 24-06-2021 - 07.png

Dell - Screenshot 24-06-2021 - 03.png

Dell - Screenshot 24-06-2021 - 08.png

Dell - Screenshot 24-06-2021 - 09.png

Edited by OsoPolar
update
On 6/24/2021 at 9:24 AM, OsoPolar said:

HI Guys i setup a Node Red Docker last night on main PC and added an additional port to get access for my Alexa Pluging with a local IP http://192.168.23.100:3456/ and i could get to page and login to authenticate alexa cookie

It keeps kept confirming with Alexa the cookie was saved.

But NR kept reporting i needed to do it again it would not connect?

Please use a location for the cookie to be something like this:

/data/AlexaAuthFile.txt

It will then save it in your appdata directly and not the container.

• 2 weeks later...

For ther NodeRedv2 Beta docker -= please change the repositiory tag to nodered/node-red-dev:v2.0.0-beta.2 to get the latest.

The NodeRed team have just changed their build process and it is not using the beta tag.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, vyreks said:

As other people mentioned, the issues with permissions for MQTT stem from this line in run.sh:

chmod -R 666 /config

After i commented it out and applied 777 over MQTT folder in appdata, everything works.

Thanks!