Motherboards and cpu choice for a quiet, budget conscious build?

So I've realized how much better my life would be with some Network Attached Storage. I'm looking to build myself a server, mostly for raw storage but occasionally it will have to be able to do two 1080p streams (so passmark score on the cpu > 4000?) and run some other programs. I have to keep it in my room though at the moment so I need it to run very quiet. The Fractal Design Node 804 looks pretty much perfect for this build so I'm probably going to use that. Can anyone recommend a good cpu/motherboard combo for this?

You've two choices, really.

i3-4350 or similar, that's dual core 3.6GHz with HT. Stick it on a B85 board, and you'll end up with something that idles around the 22-24W mark.  You'll need to add a HBA for 10 drives.

AMD FX8320E, 8 core 3.2GHz turboed to 4GHz.  Stick that on a decent 760G board (I like the Asus M5A78L-M/USB3).  You can have ECC if you want then.  Idles around the 45W mark.  Again, you'll need a HBA.

The AMD uses more power, but it's fast.  Also a little cheaper, the board is about £33, the chip is around £100.  That's board and CPU for the price of the Intel chip alone.

Archived